Ford Inside News banner

Needed:cars like the original fiesta/ festiva

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ndwariga 
#1 ·
What is needed on dealer lots right now is a Fiesta/Festiva type vehicle. I have owned several of each of those, my favorite was the original Fiesta. Why can't this be brought back? In reading foreign car magazines, the current Fiesta looks great and could be a great addition to the current lines. I think the 08 Focus 4dr/2dr looks great but the Fiesta could be just the thing needed. It could be done with a minimum of work considering the new EU safety and emission regulations I believe.It really is needed for obvious reasons. I spoke to a friend at a local chevy dealer and they can't get enough Aveo's which are Daewoo's and not particularly great looking or sporty in any way in my opinion. The new Fiesta is all of that and more. Just offer it in a high mpg powertrain combo and limited options and you'd have a real hit on your hands.Do it right and you'd have a wait list probably especially if priced right. So, Ford , why not?

#2 ·
YUP

(you know they are in the works, yes?)

Thing that troubles me is that Ford HAD a B-car in process to go on sale like NOW
and MkF(ields) killed it cuz it wasn't good enuf...

[CAPS omitted - but imagine the following is all in caplock, bold, dk.red, size=11, etc]
could it really have been that bad???
that it's better to have nothing at all in that size???
[/imaginary caplock-etc off]

I'd really love to know more about that abandonned project!

ps welcome to the board, Tigerpaw!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.