Ford Inside News banner

2014 cts

Tags
2014 cts
10K views 36 replies 9 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Its looks amazing. Very complex and with many details style at the front end. Love that LEDs headlamps. Love the sculptured grille. Is different, but still a CTS Cadillac.
Hey! That's what I was gonna say!

#7 ·
Its looks amazing. Very complex and with many details style at the front end. Love that LEDs headlamps. Love the sculptured grille. Is different, but still a CTS Cadillac.
Very complex for sure, but to me it just appears, at least in those partial views, too busy. I feel the same way about the fusion now that its had time to sink in, it has so much going on that it overwhelms your visual senses somewhat. When it comes to cars less is more, more often than the alternative.

#13 ·
#14 ·
Thanks, Jose!

I'm really gonna need to see it in person - not the INSTANT liking I had with the current gen - getting a kind of retro feel to the overall SHAPE, reminds me for some reason of an Eldorado...
&
WONDER WHAT MAX THINKS OF IT!!!!!!!
think I might be missing of his exquisite detailing and shape-intersections
the front doesn´t go well with the back

#25 ·
Re: 2014 cts INFO

2014 Cadillac CTS: Lighter, Larger, More Refined - MotorAuthoritah
By Nelson Ireson
Mar 26, 2013

..."Specifically, the CTS is 4.1 inches longer (now 195.5 inches), including a 1.1-inch longer wheelbase (up to 114.6 inches). It also cuts a lower profile into the wind, with a one-inch lower roof line (now at 57.2 inches). At the same time, the 2014 CTS weighs about 200 pounds less than the 2013 BMW 528i (according to Cadillac) at 3,616 pounds--and it's more than 250 pounds lighter than the outgoing model of the CTS.

That lighter weight is distributed evenly front-to-rear, with a 50.1/49.9% weight balance.

A curious factoid: that's a better front-rear weight bias than the 2013 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport's 51/49% distribution...

...The range-topper, dubbed the CTS Vsport, comes with the newly announced 420-horsepower 3.6-liter twin-turbocharged V-6 engine. Backing up the tall horsepower figure are 430 pound-feet of torque. Only available in rear-drive form, the most powerful CTS earns an estimated mileage of 17 mpg city and 25 mpg highway. It comes standard with the eight-speed automatic.

Another curious factoid: the 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport packs just 8.6 pounds per horsepower. That's just one more pound per horsepower than the 436-horsepower 2013 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport...

...Another nice "look at that" feature is a motorized cup holder cover. After all, you've arrived; you shouldn't have to open the cup holders manually.

But the real centerpiece of the interior is, well, the interior itself. A new one-piece wrapped upper instrument panel caps the dashboard and ties it through to the base of the center stack, while very attractive wood trim (in the initial photos) complements cut-and-sew upholstery throughout.

A total of six two-tone combinations are available for the interior, with wood, carbon fiber, and aluminum trim options. Leather seating is also available, including an upgrade to semi-aniline leather.

The front seats are available in 20-way adjustable, full-leather form, with 16 power assist adjustments and manual adjustments for the cushion length extension and headrest position. The standard CTS seats are 14-way power-adjustable units...

MORE...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

some blog about autos has slightly different ideas....
2014 Cadillac CTS debuts new design, twin-turbo power, Vsport model - "some blog about autos"

...Inside the CTS, a stronger focus has been put on high-quality materials and better fit-and-finish, both an area of complaint we've always had about the outgoing model. A total of eight "interior environments" will be offered, with leather hues ranging from black to tan to brown to blue (yes, blue), with just as many contrast colors available. As for trim pieces, real wood, carbon fiber and aluminum will be available, and Cadillac says that these pieces can be switched out at the dealership depending on a customer's individual taste...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.