Ford Inside News banner

New 2014 Ford Expedition Rendering

41K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Ed753 
#1 ·
New 2014 Ford Expedition Rendering

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/new-2014-ford-expedition-rendering-53901.html

After they’ve finished producing small, efficient family cars with aluminum chassis and four-cylinder engines, Ford and GM will return to doing what they do best, SUVs and pickups.

Both companies have introduced new architectures for the F-150 and Silverado 1500 and now their focus has surely turned towards full-size SUVs.

Among the oldest of them all is the Ford Expedition. It dates back to the 2007 model year an is due for a major makeover. In August last year, small changes were introduced for the 2013 model year: new colors, wheels and a ual-head restraint DVD system. But overall, it’s the same SUV launched 6 years before.

The platform for the new F-150 pickup could be combined with new EcoBoost engines to create a much better vehicle. Following the styling from the pickup, Theophilus Chin has created these rendered photos. The Expedition has headlights and taillights that are much more masculine. Overall improvements in built quality, economy and refinement will have to be made for this SUV to stay relevant.

❐ Check out the New 2014 Ford Expedition Rendering photo gallery

See less See more
#2 ·
Love the rear end, but I have a feeling the front will change since that is the current F-150 front and that should be changing soon with the next generation

#4 ·
Is this a joke?
Actually, I'm not really sure (LOL). I came across this and thought it might be of interesting to the group. The front is obviously the current F-150 and would never be added this late in the model cycle to the Expedition but the rear is not bad. I was thinking we could discuss what the Expedition should be and perhaps get some excellent renderings from FIN members. What are your thoughts?

#9 ·
nruggiero said:
Is this a joke?
Actually, I'm not really sure (LOL). I came across this and thought it might be of interesting to the group. The front is obviously the current F-150 and would never be added this late in the model cycle to the Expedition but the rear is not bad. I was thinking we could discuss what the Expedition should be and perhaps get some excellent renderings from FIN members. What are your thoughts?
those chops are by Theophilus Chin a well-known super-chopper (who frequents CarSpyShots forum)

I don't have any personal experience with vehicles this large so just want the Expedition be and LOOK cheaper than the Navigator...

...tho maybe, if Max & Team have other plans for the Navi, a touch of (long lost) Hummer styling could be used for the Expedition?

#11 ·
those chops are by Theophilus Chin a well-known super-chopper (who frequents CarSpyShots forum)

I don't have any personal experience with vehicles this large so just want the Expedition be and LOOK cheaper than the Navigator...

...tho maybe, if Max & Team have other plans for the Navi, a touch of (long lost) Hummer styling could be used for the Expedition?
I like the rugged rear end on this chop, perhaps the Expy should go for a more urban rugged look while the Navi goes for expensive Land Rover-esque look?

#12 ·
Is this a joke?
Exactly....... pretty sure they aren't going to put a 2010 F-150 XLT Grille on the front of a 2014 Expedition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.