Ford Inside News banner

Shanghai 2013: Buick Riviera Concept

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Andrew L 
#1 ·
Shanghai 2013: Buick Riviera Concept
Autoblog
April 19, 2013
by John Neff

It's nighttime in China, and Buick has just concluded an evening event the day before the first – and only – press day of the Shanghai Motor Show. The star of this evening's party was the Buick Riviera concept vehicle, a plug-in electric hybrid coupe that the automaker says gives a glimpse at its future design direction, not to mention resurrecting some nomenclature from the brand's history that includes a similarly named concept from 2007.

The shape of the Riviera is said to be inspired by water. While the traditional Buick "waterfall" grille is present, the front end gains a more aggressive note thanks to what appear to be vertical air inlets below each headlight.

Full article, images, and press release available at link.

See less See more
#8 ·
I like the body lines. Very sleek.

Something about the grill and headlights hurts my eyes though. Maybe it is the way the grill and lights seem to overlap or something?

The back sloping roof and fenders look good but that "uglier than ugly" rear end needs a LOT of work.

It's a concept so it is a "work in progress" that needs more work.

Just my opinion.

#9 ·
I like the body lines. Very sleek.

Something about the grill and headlights hurts my eyes though. Maybe it is the way the grill and lights seem to overlap or something?

The back sloping roof and fenders look good but that "uglier than ugly" rear end needs a LOT of work.

It's a concept so it is a "work in progress" that needs more work.

Just my opinion.
I agree 100% with this. When I saw the first shot at GMI I liked it but then I saw the back :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.