Ford Inside News banner

unofficial shot of Ford's upcoming 4.4-liter V8 Diesel engine

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  RG59061 
#1 ·
#2 ·
...this smaller oil-burning V8 will give a 20% boost in fuel economy, a 9% boost in power and a 15% boost in torque over an F-150 equipped with a 5.4-liter gas engine...
now ^that's^ what I call a Win/WIN/WIN!
(or should I say Boost/BOOST/BOOST! ;))
&
all the Ford news lately has my head whirling...
wonder if they're just picking their own best time for news making and to heck with autoshows?
but, even tho they're sure reaching us,
how will they get the word out to the avg. consumer?

#4 ·
now ^that's^ what I call a Win/WIN/WIN!
(or should I say Boost/BOOST/BOOST! )
&
all the Ford news lately has my head whirling...
wonder if they're just picking their own best time for news making and to heck with autoshows?
but, even tho they're sure reaching us,
how will they get the word out to the avg. consumer
what would make my year is if we caught a camoed coupe wearing the waterfall grill or maybe the sign of the cat:D

#5 ·
Very nice to finally see one! Now we now that it is actually being done.

This new 4.4L Diesel will really help in the needs of the F-150 consumer, especially in the towing department and really for commercial applications.

I am also quite curious, how quiet this engine will be in comparison to the Duramax from GM? Though it is from the General, it is a damn quiet engine and quite impressive. I hope Ford's offering here is quieter and more efficient...while offering more power.

But yes, this really will be a win/win situation!

Stay Fabulous!
RG59061

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.