post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
GM's Lutz finally speaks

The New York Times

G.M.’s Lutz: Wagoner Is Being Made a ‘Sacrificial Lamb’

DECEMBER 8, 2008, 11:32 AM

From Micheline Maynard, a DealBook colleague:

General Motors has finally unleashed its loquacious vice chairman, Robert A. Lutz, who has been uncharacteristically silent during the debate over a Washington bailout for the car companies.

In an interview on CNBC Monday morning, Mr. Lutz came to the defense of the man who revived his automotive career: G.M. chief executive Rick Wagoner. Calls for Mr. Wagoner’s ouster are “like blaming the mayor of a city that’s been hit by an earthquake,” Mr. Lutz said.

Those calls have come from some pretty high places.

On Sunday, Senator Christopher J. Dodd, the chairman of the banking committee that is drafting the legislation, called for the dismissal or resignation of Mr. Wagoner, given G.M.’s status as the most imperiled automaker.

“I think you’ve got to consider new leadership,” Mr. Dodd said in an interview on “Face the Nation” on CBS. “If you’re going to really restructure this, you’ve got to bring in a new team to do this, in my view.”

Asked specifically about Mr. Wagoner, Mr. Dodd said: “I think he has to move on.”

Although Mr. Wagoner admitted last week that G.M. had made mistakes that led to its current predicament, Mr. Lutz said it was unfair to call for Mr. Wagoner’s ouster and that of other G.M. executives.

“To me, that’s in the category of a sacrificial lamb or some as some sort of sacrifice to the gods, and maybe if we punish one of the innocents, things will get better,” Mr. Lutz said in the interview.

for more CLICK HERE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
Re: GM's Lutz finally speaks

I would certainly fire the mayor of a city that has been hit by an earthquake, if that mayor had been in office for over 8 years and the infrastructure of that city was not up to code and their emergency services were inefficient, outdated and gave a poor response to the disaster.
Ford City was hit by the same earthquake but mayor Mulally, despite having been only two year in office, had his city much better prepared for the disaster. That’s why GMs-ville may have to be leveled and Ford City wont.
Don’t get me started with Chryslertwon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
finally, lutz, speaks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page