11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Ford Kuga

2019 Silverado Revealed

The 2019 Silverado is official.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/01/13/...usauto00000015

Quick points
-Mixed material construction, Aluminum swing panels (doors, hood, gate) and the rest all steel. Shaved off 450lbs
-New 3.0L I6 Diesel which they promise will be much better than the Ford, but no details
-Updated V8s with smarter cylinder deactivation (can run on only 1-cylinder in certain circumstances)
-10 Speeds ATX with the "best 10-speed implementation in the industry"
-First power tailgate (open and close) - button on the lift-gate and fob
-Best interior ceiling height
-Bed is strengthened steal Alloy for the strongest bed in the market "Can't get stuff done with an aluminum hammer"
-Over a dozen tie down hooks in the bed
-Bed has largest capacity in the segment because of smaller wheel arches thanks to a new fender assembly design
-Proximity sensors are located in the larger bumper steps instead of the taillights like the Ford "no dead space"
-6 new trim levels, 6 engines overall
-Wheel base is 4 inches longer but truck is only 1-inch longer, front wheels moved further forward which creates more room in the cab.
-The flowing sheetmetal sculpting is designed to improve aerodynamics

Medium duty news will be announced at some trade show in March and Sierra will be announced at a later date.

Love the look of the truck outside, inside still has that weird protruding pod thing going on that I hate but it's way better than Ford's dated interior. The new RAM will definitely win the interior design award this season. Plenty of nice innovations in the Silverado but it's hardly the moonshot that the F-Series was in 2015. Although F-Series design is tired, it's a more interesting piece of engineering. It's remarkable how fundamentally different Ford and GM are when it comes to truck engines.
2b2 and 70 Stang like this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 01-13-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 08:01 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2019 Silverado Revealed

Can't wait to study peoples reaction at the show

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Ford Kuga

It's one of those front ends that outweighs the truck unless you get the nicer trim package, bigger tires, etc.

Also, I still see a column shifter in the high-trim examples...not sure if that means nothing is getting a console shifter but that would be amusing if it doesn't.

Last edited by Assimilator; 01-13-2018 at 08:13 PM.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 09:36 PM
Ford Falcon

I didnt like the red one we already saw, but didnt hate it. Seeing these other trims, it looks terrible. That base model is hideous.....they relegate the Chevy emblem to the corner of the grille?

Did they even change the interior? Its still ugly.

The power tailgate is neat

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 02:40 AM
Ford Sport Ka

I don't know if they stopped redesigning at the interior phase...but I love the exterior! I think it looks great. I love how styled it is, and how big, aggressive, and masculine it looks. The only think I don't like about the exterior is the tailpipes. Overall, great job.
HotRod likes this.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 10:39 AM
Ford Focus ZX

It's a little over-styled, but I can see why Chevy felt the need to go bold. Look what it did for Dodge/Ram all those years ago. Generally speaking, I like, but don't love, the exterior. I don't much care for the interior. The less-than inviting cockpit might not be a deal-breaker, but it certainly doesn't say "gotta have it" either. I'll bet they aren't taking any chances with the oil-burner. I expect the inline six turbodiesel to offer best in-class everything except possibly fuel efficiency.

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 10:49 AM
Ford Explorer

Hate to say it Chevy, but I think Ford is stealing all the truck news at NAIAS this year. Again.
pffan1990 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Can't wait to study peoples reaction at the show
It's definitely a love it or hate it design. For all but the base models I have to admit I really like the exterior. It's a busy, yet aggressive look that resonates well with me. The interior though, puke!

I noticed Borg's comments regarding the column shifter, I don't really have an issue with it and am always surprised by how much attention it gets. I like a nice, solid console shifter as much as the next guy, but the column shifters and rotary dials are a far better use of space. I'm not bothered by any of the three options.
Ed753 likes this.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 11:54 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
It's definitely a love it or hate it design. For all but the base models I have to admit I really like the exterior. It's a busy, yet aggressive look that resonates well with me. The interior though, puke!

I noticed Borg's comments regarding the column shifter, I don't really have an issue with it and am always surprised by how much attention it gets. I like a nice, solid console shifter as much as the next guy, but the column shifters and rotary dials are a far better use of space. I'm not bothered by any of the three options.
Of the 3, column is my least favorite by far. I am used to rotary now, tepid at first, but will always be my first choice.

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Ford Kuga

What is with GM and the column shifter? They won't budge on that.
joseodiaga4 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page