CT6's new V8 TT - Ford Inside News Community
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Ford Kuga

CT6's new V8 TT

GM updated the CT6 and gave it an incredible new 4.2 TT V8. 550HP and 627 ft lb of toque. It's likely the engine in the new Mid-engine Corvette. That's a torquey beast for sure, way out spins the GT. Should make a great Escalade engine. It would also make for one helluva a Raptor beater. This is definitely one class of engine we know Ford is not developing.

2b2, SP1966, Bloggin and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 03-21-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:42 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: CT6's new V8 TT

I liked the CT6 before, this update is great, and the engine is very interesting! Surely that will turn up in the next gen Escalade and Aviator competitor whenever the get around to that segment. I've read that they also significantly upgraded the interior to it should be very competitive... even if it still doesn't sell well.

Cadillac can't seem to sell cars in NA, but **** it if they don't build some really special cars.
glyphics, Samesun and Assimilator like this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Ford Kuga

It sounds like Ford may finally have a powerful RWD platform to base some outstanding products on, but whether Lincoln gets to fully utilize it or not is another story. This is also the first time GM is really upstaging Ford on engine design, I've been waiting for this GM to comeback...they just have to apply that to more than just their flagship projects.

The amount of product coming out of GM is just incredible, I've never seen so much coming out of a single automaker in so short a time span. It's just a reminder that things can turn around very quickly for a determined company. Ford will be back soon.
SP1966 likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 03-21-2018 at 09:04 PM.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 09:00 PM
Ford Sport Ka

That's a gorgeous engine.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 10:34 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
I liked the CT6 before, this update is great, and the engine is very interesting!

Cadillac can't seem to sell cars in NA, but **** it if they don't build some really special cars.
Yup. And thatís how u rebuild your brand...loudly and proudly.
glyphics likes this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 10:36 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
It sounds like Ford may finally have a powerful RWD platform to base some outstanding products on, but whether Lincoln gets to fully utilize it or not is another story. This is also the first time GM is really upstaging Ford on engine design, I've been waiting for this GM to comeback...they just have to apply that to more than just their flagship projects.

The amount of product coming out of GM is just incredible, I've never seen so much coming out of a single automaker in so short a time span. It's just a reminder that things can turn around very quickly for a determined company. Ford will be back soon.
The engine sounds amazing and it would be great to have something like that for the Navigator and a performance focused Aviator too! The problem is there just isn't enough volume to justify the type of investment that would be required.

My big question is will this be the standard engine in the next gen Escalade or a V-Sport option? If they put it in standard, which I doubt, it would be a big marketing advantage! It probably wouldn't matter much to most buyers in daily use, but it could help move buyer in Cadillac's direction.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 12:45 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Doesn't out-spin the GT but it certainly out-torques it.

Anyway, this is good; maybe it'll excite/pressure/arouse Ford/Lincoln a little.

Also good because it retains that tacky looking grille. Reminds me of cheap, checkered plate for some reason. Never liked it.
2b2 likes this.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 02:15 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

swiping from Burlapp

SP1966 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 04:55 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Irrelevant...

The Cadillac buyer donít care about that engine

The V8 is dead. Only few trucks and some sport cars need it.

The V6 engine in the Navigator, with some help (electrical help?) could overcome that GM monster

If the Lincoln buyer want a gigantic and powerful V8 engine (something I doubt) Ford have the engines of the Mustang to work with it.
ehaase likes this.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 06:54 AM
Ford Focus ZX

I just wonder how much money GM has lost on these Cadillac vanity projects that sell only a few hundred per month. GM has made a noble effort but after awhile it's time to cut your losses, which I respect Ford for doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page