XT4 Revealed - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Ford Kuga

Re: XT4 Revealed

I like that the rear is distinctive, I don't like that it makes it look short and boxy instead of sleek and dynamic. Although outdated and in need of some refinement, I would still prefer the MKC's rear but EASILY take the XT4's fascia over the bulbously styled overhang on the MKC.

Because of it's short rear section and long rear door, the XT4 almost looks like it's a class and size below. But in reality it's just the insanely long wheelbase which shortens the overhangs and gives the interior far more room than it's competitors. It's definitely far better packaged than the Ford designed platform (which is basically a universal truth at this point).

I still think the Audi is the ideal, lower and longer proportions with sharpened details but with continuous surfacing.

Last edited by Assimilator; 03-27-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 08:43 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

I love how people harped on Ford and Lincoln for sharing interior parts but no one harps on GM for Cadillac and Buick sharing shifters.
2b2 likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 09:02 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post

I think the MKC is still pretty sharp, although I suspect that huge MKC overhang won't look as good next to the square-jawed and wide-stanced XT4.
I like them both quite a bit! The Cadillac definitely has the more aggressive look while the Lincoln looks more stately and premium to me. One thing both make clear, C-segment crossovers are difficult to style with their short in length, yet tall in height dimensions. All things considered I think both do a good job of looking premium and stylish!

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 09:04 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
I like that the rear is distinctive, I don't like that it makes it look short and boxy instead of sleek and dynamic. Although outdated and in need of some refinement, I would still prefer the MKC's rear but EASILY take the XT4's fascia over the bulbously styled overhang on the MKC.

Because of it's short rear section and long rear door, the XT4 almost looks like it's a class and size below. But in reality it's just the insanely long wheelbase which shortens the overhangs and gives the interior far more room than it's competitors. It's definitely far better packaged than the Ford designed platform (which is basically a universal truth at this point).

I still think the Audi is the ideal, lower and longer proportions with sharpened details but with continuous surfacing.
I disagree about the Audi. I think Audi designs fantastic sedans, but their SUVs fall too far on the bland side of understated design IMO. Going only on appearance I think the XT4 and MKC both look better than the Q5. The Audi's take on a more tall wagon appearance versus the small SUV look of the Americans which I personally prefer.
glyphics likes this.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 09:30 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Thumbs down Re: XT4 Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
imho
soooooooooooooooooo many awkward/odd angles ... made worse by unsubstantial/questionable curves
I see nothing good about the exterior styling = BANKRUPT

the interior otoh
I characterize as some interesting ideas, poorly implemented, withOUT any resolution
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2019-Cadillac-XT4-Order-Guide-Revised-March-24-2018.pdf (204.2 KB, 2 views)
Logans Run likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 03-27-2018 at 10:06 PM. Reason: attaching the .Pdf
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Ford Kuga

There is nothing special about the substance in this car. Even the MKC offers some punchy engines and interior trim levels that really stand out. Hopefully they'll kick it up a notch in a year or two.

It's definitely a handsome vehicle, more aggressive and those proportions are enough to make sure it doesn't look like a typical small crossover. In the full walkaround the XT4 has a nice stately modern presence. The MKC is still treading on some older design ideas and a short/narrow/tall wheelbase architecture. Although I doubt MKC will get a heavily modified custom platform like this, the next Escape should provide a badly needed platform stretch to work with. Caddy will certainly sell several times more XT4s than MKCs in the US and China.

Last edited by Assimilator; 03-27-2018 at 10:02 PM.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 12:52 AM
Focus RS WRC

MKC & XT4 sit too high. It looks as if you can stick a 4x4 between the tires and the wheel-wells of both. The MKC especially would look much better & more aggressive sitting lower over the wheels, much the way the Cayenne sits. These things aren't going off-road. Lincoln needs to drop their SUV/CUVs about two inches to differentiate themselves from Fords.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 01:00 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Not a huge fan. Looks too aggresive, and not in a luxurious way. Aside from the spacious rear legroom and cool looking infotainment screen, I think the MKC looks far superior, even though it's only a refresh!
ewf likes this.

Current Car: 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Recent Previous Cars:
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
2015 Lincoln MKC
2013 Ford Edge
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 09:04 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
Too much black plastic on the lower front of the XT4
No idea why they would do that. This is not going to be an off-roader, so spend a little money and don't cheap out on dull black plastic.
Andrew L likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 07:22 AM
Ford Focus ZX

I saw this and sat in it at the show. As in the press pics, thereís way too much cheap looking black plastic front and rear, and the back esp just doesnít look like a Cadillac. The long wheelbase/short overhang look takes a bit to get used to, it reminded me of the Jaguar I-Pace electric car. Itís not elegant in anyway.

The interior looked and felt like a Buick and brings noting new to the table...I actually found myself wishing it had a pop up screen as thatís become so common on anything new!

I will say the revised CT6ís front and rear did look much better in person, and improved the bland looks of the original.
Logans Run and ewf like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page