C8 Corvette Reveal - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:49 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: C8 Corvette Reveal

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
Plus Im pretty sure Chevy is changing their target demographic with the C8. They cant really continue to rely on boomers and gold chain connoisseurs as they're dying off. They are going after a more upmarket demographic that would never have considered a Corvette before. The current Corvette starts at $55900 and a 911 starts at $113300, I'm guessing the base Vette will start somewhere in between.
I'm hearing it'll base at around $60k, that's an insane bargain!
Andrew L and badhac like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 02:59 AM
Ford Sport Ka

Garage

You are wright its just under 60,000 and a 0-60 time of less than 3.0 seconds. Chevy hit it out of the ball part at $60,000 it makes the GT500 look way overpriced. The base Vette will beat the Shelby to 60 and being Mid engine I'm sure it will beat the 2020 GT500 in handing too. It seems Ford has lost its roots of being a Blue Collar Brand. Ford is now trying to cater to the rich with Halo products that are way out of reach of their regular customers . Ford now seems more interested in giving us vehicles with big profit margins and under delivering on the content side. With the GT500 being so limited good luck trying to get one for list. The Vette makes the GT500 look lame, what's wrong with this picture Ford. Chevy really moved the bar with this mid engine corvette that is faster, less expensive and available to anyone that wants one. You can not say the same for the new Gt500. Chevy really made a true Halo car that even a regular guy or gal can really dream about getting. The GT500 just looks way over priced now for what you get and that's if you can get one without begging your dealer for one.
tagorgia likes this.

Last edited by SHELBY32; 07-19-2019 at 03:02 AM.
post #13 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:09 AM
Ford Explorer

The GT500 has zero in common with the C8. What a pathetic comparison.
falcon lover and pffan1990 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:23 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

At least the price is correct. If you are not British or Italian, you can´t sell a mid-engine sport car for more than 80000$... ask Honda https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/16/...0000-discount/

Looks like this car (I will call it Zora... GM has had to give a new name to this car, and Zora is the best one I can think of) is a very good sport car, at a righ price. It will sell well...for a year or 2...

post #15 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 05:50 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

... and about the style of the car. If you want to make a good tribute to Ferrari, you need to design a car like the new Chevy Sport car...

...Is different when you want to compete with Ferrari...

post #16 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 08:58 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Watched the live stream of this last night and for the first time in my life i said I wanted a Corvette. I mean the car is pure sex inside and out. Also the fact that it starts below 60k is huge. Almost nearly as big of news is that for the first time ever it will be available in right hand drive. Lord knows im not a GM fan, but this is a winner.
tagorgia likes this.
post #17 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:02 AM
Ford Flex

Overall, It looks like a winner.
Starting 60K...Optional performance pack with same engine will run under 3.0 to 60, and likely be in the 75K range.
The price is right. I doubt they can make a profit on the standard models, but the options will push the profit margin up nicely.
Front looks decent. I like the hood creases.
The only real issue I have is with a mid-engine design is that you can remove a top panel, but will there be a true convertable.
SP1966 likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #18 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:06 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
Overall, It looks like a winner.
Starting 60K...Optional performance pack with same engine will run under 3.0 to 60, and likely be in the 75K range.
The price is right. I doubt they can make a profit on the standard models, but the options will push the profit margin up nicely.
Front looks decent. I like the hood creases.
The only real issue I have is with a mid-engine design is that you can remove a top panel, but will there be a true convertable.
https://www.motor1.com/photo/4233297...re-production/

Logans Run likes this.
post #19 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:44 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Starting around 60k is insane I can't believe they will pull it off I thought for sure with it going mid engine it would get a massive bump in price. Good job to GM on this one.

The only thing I don't like is that weird stack of buttons on the interior it looks ridiculous
SP1966 likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #20 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:12 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
Starting around 60k is insane I can't believe they will pull it off I thought for sure with it going mid engine it would get a massive bump in price. Good job to GM on this one.

The only thing I don't like is that weird stack of buttons on the interior it looks ridiculous
I think the 60K version will be like the 30K Tesla...arriving late in the game(if at all) and not stocked by dealers.
I think they will need to sell 90% above the 75K price to break even, if they sell in volume for the next five years.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page