C8 Corvette Reveal - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:08 AM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork
Re: C8 Corvette Reveal

Well, that time-honored question is finally answered:

"what would a Ferrari 360 look like, decked out in Pep Boys accessories?".
falcon lover likes this.

If GM can justify Buick, and if Honda can justify Acura, we can damned well have Mercury back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Ford Focus

Garage

Impressive car and reveal. At this price point, they have a winner here. Meanwhile back on the Ford Ranch, all is quiet.
post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:16 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagorgia View Post
Impressive car and reveal. At this price point, they have a winner here. Meanwhile back on the Ford Ranch, all is quiet.
C'mon man, we know stuff is happening at Ford......eventually. I hear they are working on some SUVS, CUVS, and trucks. Maybe a mid engine F150 lol
tagorgia likes this.

post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:09 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
Well, that time-honored question is finally answered:

"what would a Ferrari 360 look like, decked out in Pep Boys accessories?".

First thing that came to mind was the Fake/Replica Ferraris with mid-mounted Corvette V8s. lol

GM knew that if they moved the pushrod V8 back it would make everybody go crazy.

What I like about the C7, it wasn't trying to copy a Ferrari but then again, for Le Mans... maybe they had to.

Getting rid of one's identity for a bit of extra performance.
ZanatWork likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 07-19-2019 at 12:21 PM.
post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:28 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
I'm hearing it'll base at around $60k, that's an insane bargain!
It's pretty much re-arranging the Lego blocks. Move cabin 16 inches forward, relocate pushrod V8 at the back with the transaxle (upgraded to a dual-clutch unit).

I think there's no actual giant technological leap that would justify a price increase larger than the C8's $4K+ increase over the C7.
falcon lover likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 07-19-2019 at 12:33 PM.
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Ford Focus

Garage

This is really cool! If you've ever owned a Vette, you know what I'm talking about.

post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Ford Focus

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
It's pretty much re-arranging the Lego blocks. Move cabin 16 inches forward, relocate pushrod V8 at the back with the transaxle (upgraded to a dual-clutch unit).

I think there's no actual giant technological leap that would justify a price increase larger than the C8's $4K+ increase over the C7.
You're not comparing apples to apples here. The base C7 comes with a manual. The C8 comes standard with a Tremac DCT. The auto for a C7 is $2k making the price of a current C7 $58,990. There is a lot of new content standard on the C8 not on a base C7. Camera rear view mirror, more HP, torque, etc. I love the new front end lift feature. I can't tell you how many years I had to back my Vette into my drivway to avoid rubbing the front end.

From what I see, the C8 is less expensive than the C7 considering what you're getting.
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:28 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
Watched the live stream of this last night and for the first time in my life i said I wanted a Corvette. I mean the car is pure sex inside and out. Also the fact that it starts below 60k is huge. Almost nearly as big of news is that for the first time ever it will be available in right hand drive. Lord knows im not a GM fan, but this is a winner.
...agreed. GM nailed it.
post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:35 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHELBY32 View Post
You are wright its just under 60,000 and a 0-60 time of less than 3.0 seconds. Chevy hit it out of the ball part at $60,000 it makes the GT500 look way overpriced. The base Vette will beat the Shelby to 60 and being Mid engine I'm sure it will beat the 2020 GT500 in handing too. It seems Ford has lost its roots of being a Blue Collar Brand. Ford is now trying to cater to the rich with Halo products that are way out of reach of their regular customers . Ford now seems more interested in giving us vehicles with big profit margins and under delivering on the content side. With the GT500 being so limited good luck trying to get one for list. The Vette makes the GT500 look lame, what's wrong with this picture Ford. Chevy really moved the bar with this mid engine corvette that is faster, less expensive and available to anyone that wants one. You can not say the same for the new Gt500. Chevy really made a true Halo car that even a regular guy or gal can really dream about getting. The GT500 just looks way over priced now for what you get and that's if you can get one without begging your dealer for one.

...ehh, GT500 is more muscle car. In a qtr, the GT500 would likely smoke that Vette. You can’t overcome the HP/TQ advantage, though it will give up a bit on the 0-30 because of lack of grip. With very few changes, that GT500 is a 9sec car, easy.
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:07 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagorgia View Post
Meanwhile back on the Ford Ranch, all is quiet.
This kind of crap is idiotic. No single manufacturer exists in every single segment, they all pick and choose their spots. Ford has been killing it with their performance offerings, everything from the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Mustang up to 760HP, GT, Raptor, and upcoming Bronco and Ranger Raptor. GM has the Vette, Camaro (for now), and a couple of Cadillacs and literally nothing else.

It cracks me up, it's always the same old **** here and at GMI, 49.9% the people think the forum brand sucks, another 49.9% thinks it can do no wrong, and then there is the 0.2% of us who realize the truth is somewhere in the middle. Conversations with those who think everything sucks, or everything is perfect is boring as **** and among the reasons this forum is effectively dead.
Andrew L likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page