66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
Seems to me they should have done more than that, maybe dig into the salesmen's give aways or something. I also think they should not denegrate the people working on the vehicles in front of you, as that does not make you confident of their ability, and customers might look elsewhere for uncovered service.
It just seems very unprofessional in the way it all went down.
Is this a Ford/Lincoln, or just a Lincoln service center?

I agree with you on him belittling his employees. Definitely brings down confidence. This is a stand alone Lincoln dealer.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

After seeing Star Wars opening night I took a trip to Disney with my g/f which is about an hour and a half. The squeaking noise that I hear at highway speeds has gotten more annoying and trust me after driving back from Orlando at night it gets old real fast. I was able to record it this time and you can hear it pretty well. I uploaded to the MKZ Facebook page to see if anyone else experienced it but no one had but they all said they could hear it in the video.

I called the dealer and they said bring it in no need for an appointment which I did. I played the video for them and the main guy I go to said he couldn't hear it so he brought me over to someone else and they said they could hear it pretty well. They took my car and gave me a 17 MKZ base black on black. They held it for 3 days and gave mine back and said it was the HVAC blower that was causing the issue so they replaced it under warranty however I had to pay a 100 dollar deductible.

In the service area they had a new black on black Navigator and I was checking it out while I was waiting for my car and my tech said it's open you can go inside and look so I did. WOW WOW WOW the interior really is amazing on the new Navigator leather really is everywhere and the wood was non glossy but very smooth. Also lots of real aluminum too on the interior which was cool to the touch. I really think they knocked it out of the park with the new Navigator.
falcon lover, 2b2, hbmf3 and 1 others like this.

Previous Cars
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
After seeing Star Wars opening night I took a trip to Disney with my g/f which is about an hour and a half. The squeaking noise that I hear at highway speeds has gotten more annoying and trust me after driving back from Orlando at night it gets old real fast. I was able to record it this time and you can hear it pretty well. I uploaded to the MKZ Facebook page to see if anyone else experienced it but no one had but they all said they could hear it in the video.

I called the dealer and they said bring it in no need for an appointment which I did. I played the video for them and the main guy I go to said he couldn't hear it so he brought me over to someone else and they said they could hear it pretty well. They took my car and gave me a 17 MKZ base black on black. They held it for 3 days and gave mine back and said it was the HVAC blower that was causing the issue so they replaced it under warranty however I had to pay a 100 dollar deductible.

In the service area they had a new black on black Navigator and I was checking it out while I was waiting for my car and my tech said it's open you can go inside and look so I did. WOW WOW WOW the interior really is amazing on the new Navigator leather really is everywhere and the wood was non glossy but very smooth. Also lots of real aluminum too on the interior which was cool to the touch. I really think they knocked it out of the park with the new Navigator.
Just to follow up on this the sound came back so it wasn't the HVAC blower. At this point I was frustrated with constantly going back to Autonation Lincoln so I decided to give Parks Lincoln a chance in Tampa which is a much farther drive but I needed it fixed and they have a brand new facility and treated me well for date night, my first time going there I had that salesman who chased me out of the building trying to get a sale. I told them everything that happened so they had the service manager come out and drive my car with me in it. He heard the noise and thought it might have been leaves behind the wheel well shroud. They took the car in the service area and found a massive screw in my tire, 29 dollars to get it patched which wasn't bad. They cleared out the leaves (there were a ton) and took it for another drive but the sound was still there. He started punching the door panel as we were driving and even tried pulling the door towards himself but no luck the sound was still coming through. We got back to the dealership and he started punching the outside of the door looking for something then said "I found it!" Turns out there's a separate piece of trim on the bottom of the door which I always thought was parting of the door stamping and it was loose (see attached pictures). He taped it with duct tape and we went for a 3rd ride and the sound was gone. He brought it over to the collision center and talked to them and asked them if this was a warranty claim and they said absolutely since the posts that this clips into probably broke off and will need to be remade. He told me to bring it back on Monday and they would fix it for me and to bring it to the service area first then they would take it to collision. Worked for me I have today off since it's a holiday. I felt pretty good after this.

That feeling didn't last today, I arrived at the dealership today and the first person who was helping me started to pull up my info the manager came around saw me said hi and then said what are you doing here? I said you guys told me to bring it here first then it would go to collision and he goes no you don't need to come here just go to collision and they will handle it besides they need to write up a quote for you since that's not a warranty claim. What? You guys told me it was on Friday. He then explains how my warranty is out so it won't be covered. I have a CPO with a 6 year 100k warranty. No the factory warranty is out since I have 41k miles and a CPO warranty doesn't cover this. That's news to me my salesman told me everything is covered under a CPO warranty bumper to bumper. Disappointing news so I drove over to collision which was way in the back then I had to walk back to the main dealership and wait. I found a seat and grabbed a snack and within 5 mins of getting comfortable the woman who took my car at collision walked up to me and handed me my keys and said I am all set. I was shocked I asked if it was just the clips then and the posts were ok? She confirmed and said I only lost my clips, she brought me outside and showed me and I confirmed by pressing on the trim. I thanked her and asked how much it was she laughed and waved her hand and walked back to the show room. So I avoided a nasty cost there but either way still disappointing news about the warranty.

I also attached images of the new Navigator next to an old one. They only had 2 on the lot. The showroom still had an old one in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26908987_10155971523919194_1352093861_o.jpg (252.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 26909676_10155971523924194_44972557_o.jpg (243.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 26937235_10155971767104194_1962576334_o.jpg (424.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 26972322_10155971767109194_1148592976_o.jpg (315.7 KB, 9 views)
2b2 likes this.

Previous Cars

post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 12:26 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^
instead of making CARS artificially intelligent... ...they should do that to DEALERSHIPS
:smh:
btw, dunno if everywhere but here on the future WestCoast, DiscountTires repairs punctures for FREE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #85 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^
instead of making CARS artificially intelligent... ...they should do that to DEALERSHIPS
btw, dunno if everywhere but here on the future WestCoast, DiscountTires repairs punctures for FREE
Just looked the closest one to me is 50 miles away! I am not too worried about paying $29 to fix a hole in my tire could be a lot worse from a dealership.

Previous Cars
post #86 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

I have been going through **** with my car and it's not getting any better. I posted about it in the private Everything Lincoln group and so far I have gotten no where. Here are my posts:

Quote:
Anyone here who might be able to help me out? I have a 2013 MKZ Hybrid in Ice Storm with a hair over 50k miles. I noticed last month the bottom inside of the door is bubbling due to rust. Others in the MKZ group have noticed this too and were trying to get Lincoln to recall this or do something to help out owners. We were all told to call in to the concierge and ask for support. I got someone by the name of Justin he got me to the dealership so they could take photos an he said they would review and let me know. A few weeks later I got the quote for 2300 to fix this which I thought was extreme but he said Lincoln would cover most of it and I would have to pay around 800. Not horrible but IMO still too much since a 5 year old car shouldn't be rusting specially not a 40k luxury car. But I went along because what other option do I have? Pay the full amount at a local body shop? Well I dropped it off and was informed the loaner is not covered and its 45 dollars a day. I did this on my way to work I had no choice but to grab a loaner there. They told me 4 days. We are now on day 10 and still no word on when my car will be done. There is NO communication with the dealership I have to keep calling over and over again and I get the same answer almost every time... the car is in paint. The manager called and left me a message yesterday saying I have "a weird color" and they are having a really hard time matching it. Ok so fine I am glad they are working hard to get it right but I am still out of pocket on the loaner and 10 days that's 450 dollars plus how ever many more days this is going to take. I called Justin at the concierge and he said he went over this with me already that the loaner would not be covered but I don't remember him ever saying that, if he did from the beginning I probably wouldn't have done this at all. Needless to say he said they won't do anything to help me out with the rental and I am on my own. That's some pretty lousy customer service. I did mention something about this in the MKZ group and they said "you shouldn't have bought a luxury car if you didn't want to pay luxury prices" which is a dumb excuse. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I am finding this whole process extremely frustrating.

Quote:
Update: Lincoln concierge called yesterday and took another 200 off and said the dealer called them and the car would be ready today. Thing is though it wasn't. I went to the dealership and spoke to the GM and he said he will help me as much as he can but unfortunately he's not over the body shop. The body shop is part of the dealership but because they are a chain (Autonation) the body shop has separate management from the dealership even tho same lot. He told me if I got no where with them he would go to corporate Autonation and fight it for me but for now to speak to the body shop manager. I spoke to the body shop manager and he told me he just arrived a week ago from Tennessee and was new and had no idea why my car wasn't done yet and he had no notes indicating why it wasn't. He said he would call me late tonight or early tomorrow morning and try to work something out. As of right now I am going on day 12 at 45 dollars a day so that extra 200 from Lincoln helps a little but still not anywhere close to covering this rental. [name] thank you for the suggestion of going to the GM of the dealership if nothing works out I think he might be able to help.

Quote:
Another Update: So the dealership called me that Friday and said the car was done but they had to add another 130 dollars to the price because they had to redo the pinstripe on my car. So that almost negated the extra 200 I got from Lincoln corporate. I called the concierge but he wasn't in so I got another person and explained what happened so they decided to throw another 200 at it and said to go pick it up and they would call it in. I got to the dealership and they didn't have a call from Lincoln about the extra 200. So I called the concierge when I was there and they wanted to speak to the dealership I let them talk and the dealership and the person at the counter started spewing off that the customer would be responsible for any additional changes. Not a good sign but they kept going back and forth and decided that Lincoln wouldn't give me the full 200 but only cover the additional 130. After I got off the phone with them I asked the dealership if they were going to assist with the rental and they said the most we can do is 3 days. Well I had the rental for 12 days at 45 dollars a day which would leave me responsible for 9 days at 405 dollars. I paid the 600 dollars for my car and drove the rental back and asked them about it and they said they had NO info from the body shop about assisting with the rental and would call me Monday to find out for sure and in the mean time they had no idea how much it would be. Saturday comes I go outside and notice the pinstripe is not done correctly they have the wrong Lincoln logo on the left side where they painted vs the one on the right so I took it to the dealership again. I spoke to the GM again and he gave me the line to corporate AutoNation and told me I was being treated pretty poorly and that if I got no where he would try to jump in and help. I called and left a message. I drive over to the body shop and show them how the 2 logos don't match and they said there is no way they could match that and that it would be impossible to match. Unreal. Monday comes... no call. Tuesday comes... no call so I call corporate again and leave a message. Here we are Wednesday I get the receipt finally from Autoway about the rental and it's the FULL AMOUNT NOTHING DISCOUNTED 540 dollars.

This whole process has left me extremely frustrated. I called Autoway's 800 number just now since no one was answering at the corp office number and told them about everything and they said they would call me back. I am not holding my breath. I should have done this at Parks Lincoln in Tampa but the the concierge suggested Autoway since they were closer to my house. I can't help but feel like if I had a Lexus or any other luxury brand this wouldn't have been a big deal. I know I am bitching but really this is horrendous customer service.

Rust:

Old logo on side not painted:

New logo on side painted:

I love how the guy tried to argue with me too saying there was no difference in logo and there's NO WAY they could match that.

Previous Cars
post #87 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 01:39 PM
Ford Focus

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^
I live In Scottsdale, headquarters for Discount Tire and I can tell you that they have never repaired a tire for me, they only tell me that I need a new tire, that the old one can't be repaired. This happened to me 3 different times. The only reason I kept going back there is that they are 3 miles from my house. The first time I bought a new tire from them because we were driving to Sedona and I didn't have time to go somewhere else. The 2nd and 3rd times I went to Costco, after getting the same answer from Discount Tire. Costco didn't do it for free, but they repaired it very cheaply, and did a good job. I buy all my tires at Costco now. Decent prices and service and they don't rip you off. If you buy tires from Costco, everything is free after that, rotation and balance, tire repairs.
post #88 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

I never posted an update to my last post, things finally got resolved but Lincoln refused to cover the rental and the dealership never got back to me on that. They redid the pinstripe on both sides and the Lincoln star though for free that was the most I could get out of them. I tried to argue pretty aggressively too but they wouldn't budge. Since then I have switched dealerships and I won't work with them anymore. I really don't have good luck with dealerships and I don't know why. I guess I have a face that says "screw me over" every time I walk in.

I did a business trip with my MKZ this week to Atlanta and back and got my best take ever at 44.6 MPG on the way back and 509 miles on the tank. Not bad for a 14 gallon tank. I am hoping they don't discontinue the MKZ all together because I don't know what I would get after this car. I just hit 60k miles so I need to start thinking about the future I have a 100k mile rule. I have heard rumors all over the place like the Fusion could technically continue but as a raised up wagon ala Outback which could give hope to a new MKZ but on CD6. I am not really into CUVs, I do like where the Aviator is going and I would love to see that grand touring powertrain in a CD6 sedan but I know I am in the minority. Who knows if they don't have a hybrid sedan when I am ready to buy I might have to jump ship and I have been with Lincoln Mercury products for a very long time so I would hate to leave the brand even after the last poor experience

Previous Cars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2013, hybrid, lincoln, mkz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page