Porsche CEO hints at Macan GTS, expects brand sales growth to 200K+ - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
News Guru

Porsche CEO hints at Macan GTS, expects brand sales growth to 200K+

Porsche CEO hints at Macan GTS, expects brand sales growth to 200K+

Porsche is expecting big things from its little Macan, with CEO Matthias Mueller announcing that not only is a sportier GTS model being considered, but that the CUV will almost certainly help push Porsche beyond its 200,000-unit-per-year sales goal three years earlier than expected.

"We're transferring the genes of the Porsche brand into a new market segment," Mueller said during a speech to kick off Macan production, according to Automotive News Europe. Macan demand should push the brand past 200,000 sales, Mueller said, confirming what we reported back in August. And if Porsche really has a hit on its hands, it is able to boost production of the sporty crossover beyond its initial capacity of 50,000 units, according to the brand's CEO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Ford Kuga

Re: Porsche CEO hints at Macan GTS, expects brand sales growth to 200K+

There is a reason that Porsche is the most profitable automaker on planet earth, and its uncanny ability to enter a size class, and price their vehicle one or two price classes above is absolutely masterful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
There is a reason that Porsche is the most profitable automaker on planet earth, and its uncanny ability to enter a size class, and price their vehicle one or two price classes above is absolutely masterful.
It is masterful, though I cannot for the life of me understand the attraction that Porsche holds. The 911, Cayman, and Boxster all make sense to me, the rest of the lineup I see people buying them simply because of the Porsche name. The Panamera may well be the ugliest car I've ever seen. I remember back when I was still relatively young the car magazines had images of four door 928's and Porsche was thinking of building them. Now all these years later they've done it, people buy it, and I still don't get it.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 03:08 PM
FIN Staff Member

Interesting how when Porsche/Audi/VW, Mercedes, and BMW went small cuv, they went low riding sport wagon.

Which is why a Focus Hatch based Lincoln MKA Hatch at the $30k end, along with a LincStang Hatch at $40+, that can run with the Germans is a really good idea.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
It is masterful, though I cannot for the life of me understand the attraction that Porsche holds. The 911, Cayman, and Boxster all make sense to me, the rest of the lineup I see people buying them simply because of the Porsche name. The Panamera may well be the ugliest car I've ever seen. I remember back when I was still relatively young the car magazines had images of four door 928's and Porsche was thinking of building them. Now all these years later they've done it, people buy it, and I still don't get it.
The Panamera is actually quite notable aesthetically in person (from the front perspective), and somehow the quite dreadful rear 3/4 view in pictures is not as absolutely grotesque in person. The allure of the Porsche name is simply that their vehicles are the absolute most dynamic vehicles in each segment, and that a Porsche owner is seen as someone who expects excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
Interesting how when Porsche/Audi/VW, Mercedes, and BMW went small cuv, they went low riding sport wagon.

Which is why a Focus Hatch based Lincoln MKA Hatch at the $30k end, along with a LincStang Hatch at $40+, that can run with the Germans is a really good idea.
Just how much differentiation do you think Lincoln can provide in a vehicle like the MKA which will by default have to be not utterly divergent in price from Titanium level Focii? The interior is easy because they can use the Focus Vignale interior from Europe but the exterior will certainly not work as an upscale Lincoln product.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
News Guru

I wonder how many orders of the MKC is Lincoln having right now
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 06:02 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:

Just how much differentiation do you think Lincoln can provide in a vehicle like the MKA which will by default have to be not utterly divergent in price from Titanium level Focii? The interior is easy because they can use the Focus Vignale interior from Europe but the exterior will certainly not work as an upscale Lincoln product.
This would be a proper Lincoln based on the focus hatch 'frame', like the Fusion/MKZ and Escape/MKC. The Vignale concept will really only work in the UK, and that's just a placeholder until it becomes viable to offer the Lincoln brand in the UK. UK has had Titanium level for so long, they needed an even higher trim level. All eyes should be on the US and China for what's possible for Lincoln, as what's offered there should be launched in other markets.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 06:06 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseodiaga4 View Post
I wonder how many orders of the MKC is Lincoln having right now
I don't see anything reported yet but still checking. But do remember this.....

"IHS Automotive projects MKC sales in the United States will total 22,490 in 2014 and 25,546 in 2015."
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
I don't see anything reported yet but still checking. But do remember this.....

"IHS Automotive projects MKC sales in the United States will total 22,490 in 2014 and 25,546 in 2015."
thanks for the info Bloggin, I think that they can sell more tan that, maybe 35k+ at least.......22k in 6 months is it ok IMHO
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
The Panamera is actually quite notable aesthetically in person (from the front perspective), and somehow the quite dreadful rear 3/4 view in pictures is not as absolutely grotesque in person. The allure of the Porsche name is simply that their vehicles are the absolute most dynamic vehicles in each segment, and that a Porsche owner is seen as someone who expects excellence.

Don't forget Porsches are rock solid vehicles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
200k, brand, ceo, expects, growth, gts, hints, macan, porsche, sales

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page