2015 Lincoln MKC vs The Competition - Page 12 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 03:40 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2015 Lincoln MKC vs The Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
There are more than a few mm difference between the Q3 and MKC. Besides, I believe you yourself have stated in the past that while you really like the MKC it was simply to small for a person your size. *I could be wrong, but I think it was you.*

I don't think anybody would claim that price doesn't play a role in many, maybe most premium vehicle purchases. I however believe that the bigger comparator is value and value doesn't always favor the least expensive.
For me size is still a concern, because I have the need that becomes my priority. So I would lean more toward an Explorer than a compact ute for the same money. Thus size is the major factor, and far more than a few mm of overlapping size. But I still don't think many shopping for compact ute luxury class vehicles very close in size are worried about getting 2 teens and their friends in the back. Their priority is 1st row luxury with occasional 2nd row use. I get that and one day I would be OK with that. Just not now. And those are the customers I refer to who care about price mostly, who want that luxury but can't afford next class up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Ford Kuga

Re: 2015 Lincoln MKC vs The Competition

Price is nigh on irrelevant to the average luxury buyer who typically leases, and the truth is the lease payment is what vehicles live or die by in segments below the S Klasse level. This is why BMW, and MB have been so strong in the US because they typically offer leases that allows someone typically considering something far more plebeian to lease a luxury automobile from a storied brand. One area that the MKC does fall short in is powertrain peformance which does not bode well for those who would cross shop the Q5, and X3. Audi's product positioning is the template that Lincoln should follow moving forward.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015, competition, lincoln, mkc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page