2015 Lincoln MKC vs The Competition - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 11:57 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2015 Lincoln MKC vs The Competition

Although yet to be seen, I think that Lincoln was wise to evolve the MKC as a CUV instead of a small, tight luxury sedan. They have seen that explosive growth and what better way to increase Lincoln sales. If you disagree, then you only need to look at the ATS, which is a great product, but did not sell so well without nearly $5K in incentives its first FULL year. I would expect similar with a Focus sized sedan.

I also think CTS sales will also come down relative to the much cheaper previous gen MSRP, combined with its large incentives. The argument of course is that more unit cost on more premium product, but Lincoln will be foolish to not capitalize on what will surely be same or lower monthly sales in coming months, while Lincoln swings opposite.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 12:16 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Although yet to be seen, I think that Lincoln was wise to evolve the MKC as a CUV instead of a small, tight luxury sedan. They have seen that explosive growth and what better way to increase Lincoln sales. If you disagree, then you only need to look at the ATS, which is a great product, but did not sell so well without nearly $5K in incentives its first FULL year. I would expect similar with a Focus sized sedan.

I also think CTS sales will also come down relative to the much cheaper previous gen MSRP, combined with its large incentives. The argument of course is that more unit cost on more premium product, but Lincoln will be foolish to not capitalize on what will surely be same or lower monthly sales in coming months, while Lincoln swings opposite.
Agreed, the small CUV segment is exploding and will surely allow Lincoln to sell much more units than would a focus based sedan. Plus it should be fun to drive, being already based on a lively chassis, just hoped they up they ante to demolish everyone in the segment in every category...one another note, I not too happy to hear that they didn't increase the wheelbase
post #13 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Ford Explorer

Ford hasn't been able to build enough Escapes to keep up with demand so it'll be curious to see just how much production volume they open up for the MKC.

post #14 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Ford Focus ZX

MKC looks outstanding. It may take some time to get traction in the market as lincoln is not on most buyers radar but some good advertising should solve that issue. So the last unknown is driving dynamics and whether this lincoln will be competitive with it's peers....but I doubt that will be an issue. (And no recalls for fires! I'm looking at you escape :b)
post #15 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post

I think that's what may be happening, with the rather extensive upgrade of the 2015 Focus front and rear suspension, new stability control system and retuned electronic steering, that may be preparing a AWD capable, CDC capable platform for a Lincoln based SAV like the GLA or Macan which will do very well globally.

As far as the RWD ATS is concerned, I think Cadillac had to offer a big enough carrot that would lure 3-series and C-class consumers away from BMW and MB for the first time, or to even think about putting Cadillac on their list. But still for January, ATS had a 31% sales decline and was outsold by the MKZ that is still gaining momentum. ATS is a nice car, but it may be that the styling may have a bit more 'bling' than desired, or as the designers say...too much jewelry.
post #16 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
I think that's what may be happening, with the rather extensive upgrade of the 2015 Focus front and rear suspension, new stability control system and retuned electronic steering, that may be preparing a AWD capable, CDC capable platform for a Lincoln based SAV like the GLA or Macan which will do very well globally.

As far as the RWD ATS is concerned, I think Cadillac had to offer a big enough carrot that would lure 3-series and C-class consumers away from BMW and MB for the first time, or to even think about putting Cadillac on their list. But still for January, ATS had a 31% sales decline and was outsold by the MKZ that is still gaining momentum. ATS is a nice car, but it may be that the styling may have a bit more 'bling' than desired, or as the designers say...too much jewelry.
Lol...and I feel the ATS sedan is too bland! Mkz had a down January as well so hope both are up to previous momentum soon. And cts is in a higher competitive bracket now so I'm not expecting gen2 sales ever. I'll have to search mb/bmw/audi to get an idea of target sales.

But this is an MKC thread so back to that
post #17 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Ford Explorer

for the record, MKZ beat ATS in most months in 2013, once produciton was not hindered by initial quality problem.
And it did so with far less incentive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 04:30 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Given your character, I shouldn't engage but wth, this forum is a joke...

2013 sales: ATS- 38,319 MKZ- 32,361

Hopefully you can sleep tonight. I wish you'd let this cadillac hatred go. Cadillac is doing great. Lincoln will get there as well. Just not soon:

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...s/Lincoln_MKZ/
post #19 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 04:42 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
Given your character, I shouldn't engage but wth, this forum is a joke...

2013 sales: ATS- 38,319 MKZ- 32,361

Hopefully you can sleep tonight. I wish you'd let this cadillac hatred go. Cadillac is doing great. Lincoln will get there as well. Just not soon:

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...s/Lincoln_MKZ/
this ranks has no sense, the Maxima, the C70, VW CC, EOS and others are not in the same category as the MKZ, also a lot of model get repeat (3-4 series and at the bottom you see 3 series Hybrid! doesn´t have any sense) remember that the MKZ start bad last year with the launch problems, the ATS didn´t have that. We will see this year!!
post #20 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Ford Focus ZX

To be fair, Wings did throw in the caveats "most months" and "once production was not hindered". Showing the full year may not prove his point, but excluding Q1 would.

ATS: 38,319 - 9,750 (Q1) = 28,569
MKZ: 32,361 - 3,758 (Q1) = 28,603
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015, competition, lincoln, mkc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page