2015 Lincoln MKC vs The Competition - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 04:56 PM
News Guru

Re: 2015 Lincoln MKC vs The Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by timf2001 View Post
To be fair, Wings did throw in the caveats "most months" and "once production was not hindered". Showing the full year may not prove his point, but excluding Q1 would.

ATS: 38,319 - 9,750 (Q1) = 28,569
MKZ: 32,361 - 3,758 (Q1) = 28,603
I also think he mean that.
To stay in this MKC thread: beautiful sideline of the MKC http://instagram.com/p/k46inqImFi/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitBORG View Post
Wait a sec...those are not competitors to the MKC at all! You can't compare on pricing alone.

What's wrong with price comparison?

Most people when they want a new vehicle have two main criteria. What class of vehicle and how much they can spend. In the end most purchases come down to how much can they get for their dollar or sacrificing options or even vehicle class because of pricing to stay with a higher percieved brand.

If a person can afford $35K....the MKC will definately be cross-shopped with these other vehicles. There are people who won't look at it at all but fr those who will this is definately cross-shopped on price alone.
post #23 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Ford Mondeo

DetroitBORG, the MKC is Escape sized. The Q5 is more MKX sized, so the Q3 is the natural competition. The GLK is more MKC sized, but the GLK is much more expensive, so the GLA is a better comparison.

post #24 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Ford Explorer

Most people don't know or care what class product they are shopping in this range of CUV. The lines are forever blurred anyway, with several classes of small, mid and slightly bigger. It comes down to price then, mostly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
Given your character, I shouldn't engage but wth, this forum is a joke...

2013 sales: ATS- 38,319 MKZ- 32,361

Hopefully you can sleep tonight. I wish you'd let this cadillac hatred go. Cadillac is doing great. Lincoln will get there as well. Just not soon:

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...s/Lincoln_MKZ/
How wrong you are. There is no hatred at all, for the brand (Cadillac) that my father retired from as a n immigrant factory floor worker turned supervisor. I was raised lower middle class, in a metro Detroit neighborhood. Not even including all the GM vehicles my dad used to have that I was raised in and learned to drive in, I have personally owned or leased about 10.

The fact that I like reminding people that the MKZ is not the failure that many pretend it to be, especially alongside the ATS, means little more than that.

And for the record, I was clear with my statement, month to month after about May, when MKZ was finally on lots and moving, it beat ATS every subsequent month but one I believe, which was December. And it did so with far less incentive. This is fact. Check for yourself and prove me wrong, if that is the case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014, 08:35 AM
Ford Flex

Most of us here know every vehicle all manufacturers offer. You'd be surprised how many people go to a showroom thinking of buying a model they know, and winding up test driving a vehicle they only had a vague idea about. People heading into the Lincoln showroom will now be presented with two great options for 2-row CUVs. The same goes for the competition, if one model brings them to the showroom, but they drive off in another, it is still a win. The MKC looks to hit the sweet spot of the market It should sell well, and just having it in the showrooms might help other Lincoln models as well.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #27 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Ford Mondeo

As Wings said most people shop on price and I would add the size of the vehicle they need. Consumers will cross-shop other vehicles in multiple classes with the MKC. The lines between small(MKC), medium(MKX), and tiny(Encore) are seriously blurred with prices overlapping each other. Along the lines of Logans Run, people will cross-shop in the brand. That's why it's important for Lincoln to update the rest of the lineup quickly and the dealers to update the stores. I have this gut feeling that the MKC will bring alot of traffic into the dealers.
post #28 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014, 02:36 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iculookn View Post
As Wings said most people shop on price and I would add the size of the vehicle they need. Consumers will cross-shop other vehicles in multiple classes with the MKC. The lines between small(MKC), medium(MKX), and tiny(Encore) are seriously blurred with prices overlapping each other. Along the lines of Logans Run, people will cross-shop in the brand. That's why it's important for Lincoln to update the rest of the lineup quickly and the dealers to update the stores. I have this gut feeling that the MKC will bring alot of traffic into the dealers.
agree, most of the people shop on Price in these kind of vehicles, the MKC will be cross-shop with Audi Q3-Q5, BMW X3-X1, MB GLA-GLK, Acura RDX
post #29 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014, 06:51 PM
Ford Kuga

This comparison is flawed in a few ways, and quite frankly if one were to truly understand the luxury CUV/ SUV classes one would understand that a vehicle can not be in the same class as the Q3, and the Q5. The truth is that the MKC is positioned as a tweener, and will offer size not utterly divergent from that of an X3 for a price not utterly divergent from that of an X1.

Also there is a huge difference between a price class which includes tangential competitors, and vehicle classes which vehicles are purposefully positioned in by their manufacturers.

post #30 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
This comparison is flawed in a few ways, and quite frankly if one were to truly understand the luxury CUV/ SUV classes one would understand that a vehicle can not be in the same class as the Q3, and the Q5. The truth is that the MKC is positioned as a tweener, and will offer size not utterly divergent from that of an X3 for a price not utterly divergent from that of an X1.

Also there is a huge difference between a price class which includes tangential competitors, and vehicle classes which vehicles are purposefully positioned in by their manufacturers.

Not flawed at all, That's how people shop. Whether it be computers, TVs or CUVs. They go in with a price and see what is the best deal in the type of vehicle they want or they want a specific vehicle and price makes them consider other vehicles in the general class.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015, competition, lincoln, mkc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page