Porsche Pajun won't arrive until 2019 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
News Guru

Porsche Pajun won't arrive until 2019

Porsche Pajun won't arrive until 2019

A new report finds that Porsche's upcoming sub-Panamera sedan, the Pajun, has been delayed until at least 2019.
Initial plans called for the midsize sports sedan to launch in 2017, but with Porsche's engineering expertise needed for other Volkswagen Group projects, Car reports that the Pajun will be pushed back two to three years.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/porsche-...#ixzz37VjjLqot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 02:50 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Porsche Pajun won't arrive until 2019

OTOH...
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
...Thankfully, it appears that Porsche's entry-level 718 roadster (see below) is still on track, although it's unclear whether the reallocation of Stuttgart's resources will affect the rumored 988 supercar.

Though it'll be arriving later than expected, the Pajun's preliminary specs haven't changed - the sedan will compete with models like the BMW 5-Series and Maserati Ghibli while offering a range of gasoline and diesel V6 powertrains, with the former maxing out north of 500 horsepower...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Details emerge on Porsche's entry-level roadster (direct Link)

so
LincStang could (easily) come out first
+
the "718" can blaze the way for a Lincoln 2-seater (backwards RS)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
OTOH...

Details emerge on Porsche's entry-level roadster (direct Link)

so
LincStang could (easily) come out first
+
the "718" can blaze the way for a Lincoln 2-seater (backwards RS)
I also was thinking about a Lincoln 2 seater to compete with the Boxter and maybe a coupe version of it to go after the Cayman

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseodiaga4 View Post
I also was thinking about a Lincoln 2 seater to compete with the Boxter and maybe a coupe version of it to go after the Cayman
2 seats sport car for Lincoln? Dont remember the last Thunderbird 2 seats convertible fiasco? Definitly no. Lincoln needs a coupe and convertible with 4 seats and all the luxury they can deliver. A Mark series coupe style car.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
2 seats sport car for Lincoln? Dont remember the last Thunderbird 2 seats convertible fiasco? Definitly no. Lincoln needs a coupe and convertible with 4 seats and all the luxury they can deliver. A Mark series coupe style car.
the Thunderbird was a small roadster? don't remember about that
IMHO Lincoln needs different things, and all of course depends on who is thinking about it and what he likes, IMHO Lincoln needs (maybe not all but some of this models):

RWD Small-sedan and coupe - ATS,3 series-C class
RWD Midsize sedan and coupe - CTS-5 series- E class
Continental RWD Fullsize sedan and coupe - 7 series, S class
RWD MKR like the CLS-Panamera-Rapide
+ MKZ and MKS

MKC sport - Macan- Evoque
MKX sport- X6
new MKT-Aviator -MDX
+ MKC, MKX and all-aluminum Navi and Navi L

I would love to see in the future a SLS or 911 coupe competitor (of course now is not they time but if Lincoln can fix it's lineup would be interesting to see something like that)
A small roadster- Boxter, SLK
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
the Thunderbird was a small roadster? don't remember about that
IMHO Lincoln needs different things, and all of course depends on who is thinking about it and what he likes, IMHO Lincoln needs (maybe not all but some of this models):

RWD Small-sedan and coupe - ATS,3 series-C class
RWD Midsize sedan and coupe - CTS-5 series- E class
Continental RWD Fullsize sedan and coupe - 7 series, S class
RWD MKR like the CLS-Panamera-Rapide
+ MKZ and MKS

MKC sport - Macan- Evoque
MKX sport- X6
new MKT-Aviator -MDX
+ MKC, MKX and all-aluminum Navi and Navi L

I would love to see in the future a SLS or 911 coupe competitor (of course now is not they time but if Lincoln can fix it's lineup would be interesting to see something like that)
A small roadster- Boxter, SLK
WOW Your Lincoln line up is for 15 years ahead!!!. Rigth now, we will have: MKZ and MKS, MK C, MK X and Navigator. Nothing more... Maybe a MK T replacement.

That Line up , with a lot of RWD cars is a dream , but i dont know if that is what is better for Lincoln. Maybe one compact and one big RWD car is good for the near term future... but a line up that mimicks exactly BMW line is very hard to imagine from Lincoln

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
WOW Your Lincoln line up is for 15 years ahead!!!. Rigth now, we will have: MKZ and MKS, MK C, MK X and Navigator. Nothing more... Maybe a MK T replacement.

That Line up , with a lot of RWD cars is a dream , but i dont know if that is what is better for Lincoln. Maybe one compact and one big RWD car is good for the near term future... but a line up that mimicks exactly BMW line is very hard to imagine from Lincoln
haha yeah my 2050 lineup, I am kidding that is just some ideas of what segments they could enter, IMHO they need a 3 series-like RWD sedan a coupe because it is the biggest segment of all not sure if in the US but Globally. Another car needed is the Continental, I just can't think in a luxury brand without a Fullsize RWD sedan, everyone has it:

MB: S class
Audi: A8
BMW: 7 series
Jaguar: XJ
Lexus: LS
Cadillac is getting one

so Lincoln needs one!

I don't exactly consider Infiniti a luxury brand, not sure what it is, I think the same for Volvo (nice car, nice tech but I don't feel they are luxury)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
haha yeah my 2050 lineup, I am kidding that is just some ideas of what segments they could enter, IMHO they need a 3 series-like RWD sedan a coupe because it is the biggest segment of all not sure if in the US but Globally. Another car needed is the Continental, I just can't think in a luxury brand without a Fullsize RWD sedan, everyone has it:

MB: S class
Audi: A8
BMW: 7 series
Jaguar: XJ
Lexus: LS
Cadillac is getting one

so Lincoln needs one!

I don't exactly consider Infiniti a luxury brand, not sure what it is, I think the same for Volvo (nice car, nice tech but I don't feel they are luxury)
Infiniti was a brand that promised too much but lost the way. They stayed in one medium size good RWD car... Nothing more. Volvo is a good car, but not a luxury car. Is the scandinavian Buick

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 03:11 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Quote:
...IMHO Lincoln needs different things...

...(of course now is not they time but if Lincoln can fix it's lineup would be interesting to see something like .... )

just for me
coming up with (far)future "unexpected" Lincoln models has to do with re-thinking just what Lincoln's DNA could include
&
with so many people making direct comparisons to UNimaginative (imho) targets like Cadillac's fixation with BMW;
I came up with comparing Lincoln to:
Cuvs = Porsche (esp Cayenne + soon Macan)
cars = Jaguar (esp XJ and their coming new-small XE)
(( + for me, speculating about HOW Lincoln could use the S550 is irresistable!! ))
Playing with the idea of a Lincoln/Porsche " '718' can blaze the way for a Lincoln 2-seater (backwards RS) " ...in a not all-that-deadly-serious way, is just part of breaking down pre-conceptions & stereotypes...
FOR ME

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2019, arrive, pajun, porsche

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page