2016 Buick LaCrosse Spy Photos: Larger and In Charger - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 08:11 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: 2016 Buick LaCrosse Spy Photos: Larger and In Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
I do like that Buick interior and wish that Lincoln would use more wood in their vehicles. Lincoln uses some very nice wood and I love the textured finish but I think their interiors would be warmer and more inviting with more of it.
I think finish is everything. The wood in my LS was real but looked fake because it was so glossy same with the Mark VIII's I think they are doing it right now with the finish so you know for sure it is real and they should use it more. Buick is still using plastic.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitBORG View Post
It's pretty easy to make things look luxury, it's another thing to make it feel luxury.

Personally I can't stand Buick design, I mean I can't find a car I dislike more than Buick (other than Chevy)...yet I buy a Lincoln. I think there is a massive difference between the two both in content, quality, and brand identity.

The new Lincoln MKX interior is fantastic, not European fantastic, but fantastic for the segment and the price (presuming the price isn't significantly higher). The thing that Ford and Lincoln do particularly well is the tidiness and harmony of the center stack and switchgear, it's extremely nice to sit behind and it's something I notice other manufacturers of all price points do very poorly.
agree with you Borg.
That interior could look ok but I am sure the materials won't feel the same
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 08:50 AM
Ford Flex

Some parts of the interior look great, while other areas look like way too mainstream. It does look very comfortable and roomy though.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 10:38 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
Buick is still using plastic.
The 2014 LaCross used real wood, which according to the article below is the first time in 60 years! If the 2014 used wood then I have to believe what we see in that interior above is wood too.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...uick_lacrosse/
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
The 2014 LaCross used real wood, which according to the article below is the first time in 60 years! If the 2014 used wood then I have to believe what we see in that interior above is wood too.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...uick_lacrosse/
ahh I had no idea they switched... but still only on one model.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 03:17 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

hope this is the most recent thread for:

2017 Buick LaCrosse Spy Shots
MotorAuthority

By Viknesh Vijayenthiran
Sep 14, 2015

A redesigned Buick LaCrosse isnít due out until next year but an undisguised version has already been spotted. The photo, and others like it posted to Chinese website Autohome (via AutoEvolution)...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 08:23 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
What you say....Cadillac jacks up their pricing and their customers roll over to their other cheaper 'luxury brand Buick?

2014 Sales: Buick up 14.4%, Cadillac down -6.5%.

But as long as Cadillac and Buick share most platforms and components, it's still a sale for the platform. What's unfortunate for both Lincoln and Cadillac is that their 'history' is tied to big, inefficient oversized cars and old people.

Now, looking at Ford is doing with Ford Performance, if Lincoln 'Performance' can crank out a drop dead gorgeous halo supercar to give the brand some balls(performance credibility), that makes it's way into future Lincoln models initially designed for the under 40 crowd, Lincoln could get more butts in seats in the showroom.

Then stick that new Performance AWD system under a New MKZ Sedan/Coupe and Convertible.

The way I see it is that the New MKS will steal a chunk of the current MKZ consumers(which already overlaps in price after options with the current MKS) may have wished then MKZ was smaller or bigger, and that the current MKS was better....so they settled on what Lincoln had to offer. Leaving the MKZ in a perfect position to be reborn as a true performance sedan/coupe/convertible.

And in Europe the 3-Series/c-Class are stealing sales from the larger Mondeo. Ford is hoping the New Mondeo slows the trend, but if not, a sedan above Focus and below Mondeo sharing a new MKZ platform would be the best option.
Mondeo sales growth more than 100% this year.... so.... i doubt some Mercedes-Benz or BMWs are taking sales from Ford.

Tags
2016, buick, charger, lacrosse, larger, photos, spy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page