Johan De Nysschen out at Cadillac effective immediately - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 07:05 PM
Ford Kuga

Re: Johan De Nysschen out at Cadillac effective immediately

I would not be surprised if Lincoln's success is such a humiliation that it's causing turmoil over at Caddy. Navigator and Continental have really upstaged them, demonstrating that Lincoln's ridiculed product methodology turned out to be fairly brilliant and effective.

And now we have the XT6/7 showing its face which turns out to be nothing more than a skinned Acadia while Aviator is poised to be a truly world class RWD performance SUV with universally loved design and advanced PHEV technology. GM just doesn't have its stuff together and as much as we malign Ford for appearing to sit on its hands, when it shows up it really does so in a spectacularly big way.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/18/...#slide-7309059

In any case, standing ovation for the Ford and Lincoln team, I would be pretty ticked at GM right now for doing nothing more than catching up to where Ford was instead of seeing where it was going.

Never been more excited by Ford right now.
2b2, Extreme4x4, Ed753 and 5 others like this.

Last edited by 2b2; 04-18-2018 at 09:04 PM. Reason: added pic for lazy couchpotatoes like me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 07:42 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
I would not be surprised if Lincoln's success is such a humiliation that it's causing turmoil over at Caddy. Navigator and Continental have really upstaged them, demonstrating that Lincoln's ridiculed product methodology turned out to be fairly brilliant and effective.

And now we have the XT6/7 showing its face which turns out to be nothing more than a skinned Acadia while Aviator is poised to be a truly world class RWD performance SUV with universally loved design and advanced PHEV technology. GM just doesn't have its stuff together and as much as we malign Ford for appearing to sit on its hands, when it shows up it really does so in a spectacularly big way.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/18/...#slide-7309059

In any case, standing ovation for the Ford and Lincoln team, I would be pretty ticked at GM right now for doing nothing more than catching up to where Ford was instead of seeing where it was going.

Never been more excited by Ford right now.
To be fair, I'll wait to reserve judgment on seeing the full product, but from what I see in these pics, XT6 looks incredibly boring.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 07:47 PM
Ford Explorer

I read this thread and left wondering how much worse could things get for Cadillac. Then I went over to GMI and looked at the XT6 thread and realized this is just a bad day all around for Caddy! The proportions on that thing are really bad, especially when compared to the Aviator! It's nice to see the design trend favoring Lincoln for once!!
2b2, Extreme4x4 and HotRod like this.

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 08:26 PM
FIN Staff Member

Will have to wait and see the production version of the XT6 and Aviator as well. I remember the concept for Continental was amazing, but the finished product was nice. Navigator transitioned from concept to production much better than Continental, with exceptional interior options for both. Sales wise, Cadillac is far ahead of Lincoln Navigator vs Escalade, MKX vs ST5, and now with the XT4 coming for MKC. If the XT6 is a larger evolved version of the XT5 it will do very well. And remember, Cadillac is already selling the CT6 as a PHEV, so it's most certain that the XT6 will offer PHEV as an option as well, actually it's really a market requirement for China.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 10:00 PM
Ford Explorer

The Continental devolved for the same reason the XT6 will not miraculously turn out more attractive than the Aviator, FWD proportions. There is no lipstick to overcome FWD vs. RWD proportions as Lincoln has been proving for a long time. The Aviator does not have to overcome it's platform to look good like the Continental and XT6 do, there is no question in my mind which will be better looking. Which will sell better? I'm not so confident in answering that question.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 08:30 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

The origin of the crisis and Nysschen resignation:

1- New Navigator, the best big luxury SUV (unanimously acclaimed)
2- Navigator is selling like hot cakes at a stratospheric price
3- GM board want to sell the Escalade at discount to keep the customers
4- Nysschen doesnt want to sell Cadillacs with discounts to mantain residual value and image (this is not new, this is the origin the Cadillacs selling so little)
5- GM board insist on selling the Escalade with discounts
6- Nysschen resignation
2b2 likes this.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 09:43 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Johan seemed to think that image matters more than the product, and he allocated resources accordingly. I've always been of the opinion that if you have the right product, the image will take care of itself. 4 years in, Cadillac still doesn't have the right product, and their identity is more confused than ever. Yes, dynamically their sedans are competitive, but Cadillac customers never asked for canyon-carvers. Strong XTS sales are proof of that.
falcon lover, 2b2 and Ed753 like this.

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 12:31 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^BUT
imho, either factor [or more] can sabotage sales / ie everything has to work together
HotRod likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 01:13 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
The origin of the crisis and Nysschen resignation:

1- New Navigator, the best big luxury SUV (unanimously acclaimed)
2- Navigator is selling like hot cakes at a stratospheric price
3- GM board want to sell the Escalade at discount to keep the customers
4- Nysschen doesnt want to sell Cadillacs with discounts to mantain residual value and image (this is not new, this is the origin the Cadillacs selling so little)
5- GM board insist on selling the Escalade with discounts
6- Nysschen resignation

& I was just reminded elsewhere about:
CarScoops
Cadillac President Confirms New Halo Model That Will “Stun The World” @ NYC

anyone think that'll still happen??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 07:59 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

seen on Chris Doane's facebook...

"...This is coming from Pinnacle more than anything (or so it seems). Which is truly aggravating. It means the bad dealers won.

Also, getting rid of someone who is trying to make aggressive but patient changes, for someone looking to “take it back to basics” is not a good thing.

I will tell you, none of the dealerships knew this was coming, and for those of us that believed in the changes we were being asked to make, this is bad news."
&
may as well post De Nysschen's answer from BON post of old WSJ article

"In the U.S., the focus is not on growth. If you achieve sales results without looking at the quality of the business, it’s not sustainable. Three or four years ago, Cadillac incentive spending was significantly above the luxury average. We had to instill this discipline. If in the near term it means that we have to walk away from some volume, then so be it."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page