KILL ALL CARS / #meToo ! - Ford Inside News Community
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,891
KILL ALL CARS / #meToo !

copied from: Re: Fusion/Fiesta/Taurus Officially Cancelled

DETROIT -- General Motors will discontinue the Cadillac ATS sedan after the 2018 model year, just six years after introducing the small car as a worthy rival to the strongest German competitors.

A Cadillac spokesman said the luxury brand plans to replace the compact ATS, midsize CTS and large XTS sedans with two new sedans, though it's unclear when the new models will be launched.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2018...raps-ats-sedan

I put this here since it's relevant to Ford's plan to kill sedans. But Cadillac is clear about offering two new replacement sedans. I fully expect the replacement sedans to be 300+ mile EVs in the midsize and large car segment. GM is quite a bit ahead of Ford with EV development, production and sales.

Last edited by 2b2; 05-09-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Bloggin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 09:43 PM
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: KILL ALL CARS / #meToo !

Cadillac will kill ATS sedan after 2018 model year
The Detroit News
, Nora Naughton, May 9, 2018

Cadillac spokesman Donny Nordlicht said the brand’s lineup will eventually include only three sedans, which will cover different segments and price-points.

“This year will bring forth significant changes to our product portfolio...

- - - - - - -

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...t-return-2019/
.

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2b2 is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 03:31 PM
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: KILL ALL CARS / #meToo !

perspective from
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept2016 View Post

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2b2 is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,709
Re: KILL ALL CARS / #meToo !

“concluding the successful lifecycle of the ATS Sedan in North America”

Is this opposite day?
ehaase, ZanatWork and HotRod like this.
wingsnut is online now  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Focus RS WRC
 
jpd80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 511
Re: KILL ALL CARS / #meToo !

I wonder if there would be a place for the Euro Ford S-Sax in North America,

it's an MPV but not so awful as some designs...





And this is the Ford Galaxy stable mate, much more of a mini van



Last edited by jpd80; 05-12-2018 at 05:48 PM.
jpd80 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 06:17 AM
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,967
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: KILL ALL CARS / #meToo !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I wonder if there would be a place for the Euro Ford S-Sax in North America,

it's an MPV but not so awful as some designs...





And this is the Ford Galaxy stable mate, much more of a mini van



No way... Europe is killing its People Movers (like the Ford S-Max and Galaxies) and making more Crossovers and SUVs... Ford will not be the exception.
falcon lover is online now  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 03:29 PM
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: KILL ALL CARS / #meToo !

via GMauthority

GM May Also Exit the U.S Car Market, Morgan Stanley Says
Bloomberg
- Craig Trudell & David Westin - May 11, 2018


General Motors Co. may follow its Detroit peers in taking the off ramp from the American passenger-car market, according to Morgan Stanley.

The maker of Chevrolet, Buick and Cadillac sedans might mimic Ford Motor Co., which is keeping only the Mustang muscle car in the lineup, and Fiat Chrysler, which no longer manufactures sedans in the U.S., Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas said Friday.

“All three of the Detroit Three automakers have something in common: They’ve all been exiting the car business,” Jonas said in a Bloomberg Television interview. “We think that GM is going to follow” Fiat Chrysler and Ford, he said.

The transformation of GM, Ford and Fiat Chrysler’s lineups will factor in how the companies approach negotiations with the Trump administration and California regulators over the future of fuel economy standards, Jonas said. On one hand, the automakers will press for relaxed federal rules to protect their truck and SUV businesses. At the same time, the manufacturers are investing heavily in electric vehicles to appease the Golden State.

- - - - - - -

anyone know offhand which foreign mfgs build sedans in the U.S?
iirc definitely CamCord, others?

.

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2b2 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,891
Re: KILL ALL CARS / #meToo !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
via GMauthority

GM May Also Exit the U.S Car Market, Morgan Stanley Says
Bloomberg
- Craig Trudell & David Westin - May 11, 2018


General Motors Co. may follow its Detroit peers in taking the off ramp from the American passenger-car market, according to Morgan Stanley.

The maker of Chevrolet, Buick and Cadillac sedans might mimic Ford Motor Co., which is keeping only the Mustang muscle car in the lineup, and Fiat Chrysler, which no longer manufactures sedans in the U.S., Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas said Friday.

“All three of the Detroit Three automakers have something in common: They’ve all been exiting the car business,” Jonas said in a Bloomberg Television interview. “We think that GM is going to follow” Fiat Chrysler and Ford, he said.

The transformation of GM, Ford and Fiat Chrysler’s lineups will factor in how the companies approach negotiations with the Trump administration and California regulators over the future of fuel economy standards, Jonas said. On one hand, the automakers will press for relaxed federal rules to protect their truck and SUV businesses. At the same time, the manufacturers are investing heavily in electric vehicles to appease the Golden State.

- - - - - - -

anyone know offhand which foreign mfgs build sedans in the U.S?
iirc definitely CamCord, others?

.
That all sounds logical ONLY if you ignore this part....

"A Cadillac spokesman said the luxury brand plans to replace the compact ATS, midsize CTS and large XTS sedans with two new sedans,..."

GM more than any one of the ICE companies is set to launch the next gen EV sedans. They see all that pent up demand the Model 3 has exposed in the global marketplace.
Bloggin is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 11:26 AM
Ford Falcon
 
rmc523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,571
Re: KILL ALL CARS / #meToo !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
That all sounds logical ONLY if you ignore this part....

"A Cadillac spokesman said the luxury brand plans to replace the compact ATS, midsize CTS and large XTS sedans with two new sedans,..."

GM more than any one of the ICE companies is set to launch the next gen EV sedans. They see all that pent up demand the Model 3 has exposed in the global marketplace.
WTF are you talking about?

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
rmc523 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 12:05 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,709
Re: KILL ALL CARS / #meToo !

Bloggin is suggesting that replacing low margin sedans with zero margin BEV sedans would be a better solution. Hard to see that math working, but I do hope for it from Ford.
ehaase likes this.
wingsnut is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome