8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 04:20 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: BMW Tests Electric 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
I think FULLY electrifying gas products is the wrong way to go, it's a nice cheap solution to put your toe in the water but it's never going to be be as appealing as a Tesla. The only BEVs I would personally care about are those that take full advantage of the technology instead of just bolting it in and reprogramming the gauge cluster. And ultimately it's a terrible value because you're paying the same for compromise. I'm glad to see Ford is not interested in making another Focus EV, the C-EV (Mach1) is the right solution for those customers and for Ford customers. Although Ford is still far from a premium or exotic Tesla product, their approach is more appealing by miles than the mainstream competition (especially Bolt). I think Ford will just start sneaking electrification into customer hands who wouldn't normally buy them which I think is smart and ultimately more important. Ford's C2 PHEV/HEVs aren't really that compelling (not particularly groundbreaking), but it's their RWD HEVs and that entire 10-Speed Hybrid program that's much more impactful for Ford customers and I have a hard time not believing it won't be tremendously influential.

I will hand it to Tesla, no matter what you think of them, it's the only American luxury product that is giving the Germans a run for their money.

Tesla is not a luxury product. Is an expensive product. The luxury is not related (only) with the price. Is a 70000$ F-350 Super Duty Dually a luxury product?

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 06:38 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Tesla is not a luxury product. Is an expensive product. The luxury is not related (only) with the price. Is a 70000$ F-350 Super Duty Dually a luxury product?
Tesla is most definitely a luxury product with amenities, technologies, and performance far beyond the typical car. In what way is a Model S or Model X not a luxury car?

As for the SuperDuty comparison, that's about as silly as comparing a school bus to an exotic luxury vehicle because it costs over 6 figures.
falcon lover and Bloggin like this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 08-14-2018 at 06:45 PM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 06:51 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
Tesla is most definitely a luxury product with amenities and technologies far beyond the typical car. In what way is a Model S or Model X not a luxury car?

As for the SuperDuty comparison, that's about as silly as comparing a school bus to an exotic luxury vehicle because it costs over 6 figures.
Luxury is more related with quality, good execution , excellence and reputation. Tesla is anything but that...

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 08:35 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Luxury is more related with quality, good execution , excellence and reputation. Tesla is anything but that...
By that whacky definition then the Corolla is a luxury car.
Bloggin, 70 Stang and Assimilator like this.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 06:54 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
By that whacky definition then the Corolla is a luxury car.

Some people when think in “luxury” , think in “money”. That is a big mistake. Luxury is much more than money... luxury is that thing that you don’t need, but you want.

A mediocre Chinese compact sedan can serve you as a Corolla does... but the Corolla, a more expensive car, does it in a better form. Maybe, after all, the Toyota Corolla is a luxury car if you compare it with others...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page