2021 Mercedes Benz EQC - Ford Inside News Community
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
News Guru

2021 Mercedes Benz EQC

The Mercedes-Benz EQC is where EV crossovers are headed

The first member of the EQ sub-brand is revealed

Mercedes-Benz introduced its EQ sub-brand today with the EQC 400, an electric crossover with a claimed 200-mile range and 4.9-second 0-60 time, in Stockholm. It wears unique styling, but its overall dimensions are roughly equivalent to the GLC-Class crossover. The design shares a strong resemblance to other Mercedes products, but there's enough unique language especially in the front end to create some distance between the fully-electric and internal-combustion Mercedes families.

more at: https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/04/...cial-2020-bev/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: 2021 Mercedes Benz EQC

The best of the car was to see the perfect presentation made by Daimler AG CEO, Dieter Zetsche.

The car is OK . Is a Mercedes-Benz. Nothing new in the exterior or interior design. Nothing really innovative or different from the ICE models of the brand. The uniquely interesting thing about this car is the powerplant.

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Ford Kuga

It's surprisingly utility-like, more so than the Ford C-EV anyway.
SP1966 likes this.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 04:27 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Odd front end design
glyphics likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Ford Explorer

Many automakers are hitting the BEV market hard with vehicles that have tall CUV profiles. A sleek low sedan is lighter, offering huge gains in battery efficiency, range and of course performance. I mean, I aspire to wanting one as a 2nd or 3rd vehicle, as opposed to a CUV that I want to travel long distance without the restrictions, or maybe I want to tow often, and what does that do for my range? I just don’t desire a CUV, I buy one because I need one. I don’t care that they can be fast too. I would love to hear opinions on this, as I think loading up the roads with tall BEV’s for your first volume applications, is not ideal. This is what Tesla got right.
glyphics and Bloggin like this.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 05:22 PM
Ford Kuga

Bloggin took over Wing's account.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Ford Explorer

actually, I have been quite vocal about sedan BEV's being a better idea many times, and also why I criticized Ford's first BEV being an Edge look alike.
Bloggin likes this.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Sedans are dead... combustion engine powered or electric powered...sedans are dead.... or not?
Bloggin likes this.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Ford Explorer

I think that a sexy, sleek BEV sedan would be far more desirable than any BEV CUV. Many families already own a CUV or are clearly moving toward it. But there are still many restrictions to electric, which would be less of an issue in a vehicle that is not used as a family travel/utility/tow tool.

If it looked this sleek, I would even tolerate a fastback hatch.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 08:27 PM
Ford Explorer

I like it! Far superior design to the Model X with it's gimmicky falcon wing doors and body that reminds me of the Buick Rendezvous, not in terms of style, but having zero ground clearance, being short in length, tall in height and relatively narrow, all great in terms of usability but terrible in terms of desirability.

I've never understood the need to make an electric look like something from the future. Make it look current, and sexy, never forget the sexy, and to me you have a winning combination. I cannot think of a single futuristic looking vehicle that didn't look ridiculous. I'm looking at you BMW i8, Honda Clarity, Nissan Leaf. This Mercedes has a somewhat unique look compared to other Mercedes products, but doesn't look like it was drawn by a 12 year old. The bar for electric vehicle design hasn't been set very high, and yet manufacturers continue to treat it like a limbo bar!

And good Lord please don't let the Ford look like that hideous Edge! It's far to busy and terribly proportioned to make for a sexy performance crossover. I think it's long past time for Ford to abandon this hard edged design language and bring back some subtle, sexy curves!
scford58 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page