BMW iNEXT - Ford Inside News Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bloggin

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
News Guru

BMW iNEXT

BMW iNEXT Electric Crossover: This Is It!

Set to preview the 2021 production model, the iNEXT is a futuristic crossover that is infused with BMW i DNA.
Originally spotted on Bimmerpost, the pictures show the concept has a massive twin kidney grille with a fake mesh insert. The grille also features a blue chrome surround which hints at the model’s eco-friendly powertrain.

The cabin takes a different approach as it features a minimalist design which is largely devoid of controls and trim. Instead, drivers sit behind a rectangular-shaped steering wheel and find themselves looking at a ‘floating’ digital instrument cluster. A widescreen infotainment system is located nearby and it appears to have a metallic frame.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/09/bm...ric-crossover/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 07:06 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: BMW iNEXT

��

��

I’m in shock.

Really BMW want to compete with Mercedes-Benz’s EQC with this thing?

First, the design is too much futuristic and extrange for the customers that buy thins kind of luxury vehicles. I thing the Tesla and Mercedes-Benz approach is the correct: offer a vehicle with a familiar design that won’t offend the taste of this customers.

That interior.... oh my God. Is OK for a “Stars War” picture, but for a daily use car... I’m not sure it will work. That big screen supported by a metal frame? Are you sure of this, BMW?

Is clear this is not a production car... or BMW designers think I will buy a car without any type of bag or storage space at the doors?

And those blue lines and accents on the grille.... Why all European and Asian electric vehicles need those “blue” lines on the body?

The car looks good... the grille,but the blue, is attractive and distinctive BMW... the headlight are sensational (really are legall?)

I think this is a show car... not a production one.

Last edited by falcon lover; 09-15-2018 at 09:00 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 08:29 AM
Focus RS WRC

Clearly a show concept. BMW has floated aspects of this design language on other concepts; the implied double kidney grille and the split B-pillar. The split C-pillar was done on Giugiaro's original M1 in 1978, the M1 Homage in 2008 and ended up on the production i8. They have been playing with the squinty headlights on concepts as well. So it isn't really showing us anything new.

Yet, this design doesn't come together as cohesive as some of their most recent designs have; like the Vision Next 100. At least BMW's design shop has a pulse, unlike some companies that haven't shown us a forward looking, non-production concept in many years.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 08:46 AM
Focus RS WRC

Oh, that interior. The dash is not so different from the T**la dash. Again nothing really new. I don't expect to see the screens suspended on pylons but radical, this ain't.

The seats don't look comfortable and those pedals are a non-starter unless they want unintended acceleration. This is a design exercise and a bit of a trial balloon.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 05:58 PM
FIN Staff Member

YUCK! This is totally unnecessary. Just electrify the next gen of current models that are recognizable as BMWs. Didn't they learn anything from the i3? Or are they using undesirable design to limit demand since they don't have battery capacity for a high volume model. Similar to what GM did with the Bolt, instead of offering a full electric next gen Volt and calling it a Bolt.
falcon lover likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Ford Kuga

This is pretty far from a production ready design so who really cares?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page