2020 Cadillac XT6 - Page 4 - Ford Inside News Community
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 05:19 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2020 Cadillac XT6

I like the details in the design and I've always really liked Cadillac's A&S design language, considering what they had to work with I think it was a really nice effort. Now if they had a platform like, I don't know, CD6 available, it could'a been a star!

The Aviator is superior in every single way... IMO. Now let's hope that converts into sales victory too because Cadillac crossovers always sell well, no matter how good they are, or are not.
germeezy1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 10:45 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
I like the details in the design and I've always really liked Cadillac's A&S design language, considering what they had to work with I think it was a really nice effort. Now if they had a platform like, I don't know, CD6 available, it could'a been a star!

The Aviator is superior in every single way... IMO. Now let's hope that converts into sales victory too because Cadillac crossovers always sell well, no matter how good they are, or are not.
...probably won’t happen. Caddy moves an astounding number of XT5 and Escalades. This is a tweener and might pick up a bit of each and maybe pull up some GMC buyers. I don’t know that it will expand sales for the C1XX platform, but they’ll move truck loads of them.

The Aviator is clearly superior, but Ford has a very high volume platform mate and there may not be production room to match the XT6. However, I’d wager ATP will be higher and incentive spending lower on the Aviator, and isn’t that its really all about?
falcon lover likes this.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 11:33 PM
Ford Kuga

Unfortunately I fully expect the inferior XT6 to sell in higher volumes, and not only will this be to Lincoln's chagrin but it will also justify Cadillac's half measures in this segment.
SP1966 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 07:19 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
Unfortunately I fully expect the inferior XT6 to sell in higher volumes, and not only will this be to Lincoln's chagrin but it will also justify Cadillac's half measures in this segment.
I won't be surprised if the CT6 sells in larger volumes than the Aviator, but largely due to Cadillac's larger customer base, not because it's a superior car. What the CT6 won't do is draw customers from the European brands or change consumer perceptions, which I fully expect the Aviator to do. Regardless of how sales shake out in the short term, Cadillac's approach is the wrong one for the long term.

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 05:33 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
Short term Cadillac is in a better position than Lincoln. But if Lincoln continues to put out products like the Navigator and Aviator, while Cadillac continues to build XT6 type products, that should change over time. Of course Cadillac's apparent push towards electric could change that quickly!
germeezy1 likes this.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 06:23 PM
Ford Explorer

Notice how Cadillac's half measures on an exploding segment (luxury SUV) is praised by some, yet Lincoln's half measure on a dying segment (Conti sedan) was condemned repeatedly by the same source. Meanwhile, sales for both sedans are not completely divergent....while Cadillac adjourns to decide if they should continue it, given the massive capital already spent.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 07:33 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Notice how Cadillac's half measures on an exploding segment (luxury SUV) is praised by some, yet Lincoln's half measure on a dying segment (Conti sedan) was condemned repeatedly by the same source. Meanwhile, sales for both sedans are not completely divergent....while Cadillac adjourns to decide if they should continue it, given the massive capital already spent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page