Toyota's Entune ready to fight Ford's SYNC . . . almost - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
Toyota's Entune ready to fight Ford's SYNC . . . almost

Toyota's Entune ready to fight Ford's SYNC . . . almost
Translogic

January 4, 2010

It's been nearly four years since Ford and Microsoft introduced SYNC to the world, and since then nearly every major OEM has been playing catch-up including the planet's largest automaker. For Toyota, that ends today with the introduction of Entune, a new integrated multimedia system that uses the driver's Net-enabled and Bluetooth-equipped smartphone.

For anyone familiar with SYNC or the Connected systems recently introduced by BMW and Mini, the list of available applications and features includes the usual suspects. Entune comes equipped with search functionality provided by Bing, along with streaming audio from Pandora and iheartradio, restaurant booking through OpenTable and show times and ticket purchasing through MovieTickets.com. Real time traffic, weather conditions, fuel prices, sports scores and stocks are all user-customizable, while Bing Maps handles navigation duties and a text-to-speech system reads off text messages.

Additionally, Toyota has equipped Entune with a new voice recognition technology which the automaker claims is one of the most advanced conversational systems on the market. Entune also integrates with Toyota's existing Safety Connect telematics system, which handles everything from collision notification to roadside assistance.

[video=youtube;4zvOMm1VdI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zvOMm1VdI0[/video]

Full Text at the link . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Ford Kuga

Re: Toyota's Entune ready to fight Ford's SYNC . . . almost

queue David Champion of CR.........Toyota is now back on top of our recommendation list with their new universal best connectivity feature which blows all other car
makers system especially Ford SYNC out of the water, Toyota Entune is like nothing CR has every experienced before therefore CR predicts that Toyota sales will rise
to such heights in USA, no other automaker stands a chance against the mean, lean Toyota fighting machine.

2012 Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 SW Moondust Silver 5spd manual
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.6 EcoBoost AWD Panther Black 6spd Auto
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Ford Mondeo

Toyota, who buys those? I was going to the Autoshow the other day, some some people driving into the parking lot with their Toyota's and I told them, its not like you think about what you will buy, why bother coming to the show?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
Toyota, who buys those? I was going to the Autoshow the other day, some some people driving into the parking lot with their Toyota's and I told them, its not like you think about what you will buy, why bother coming to the show?
Did they tell you to mind your own business? I certainly would have. Perhaps they were there to check out a new Ford Fusion.

I am glad you weren't driving a Ford.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
Did they tell you to mind your own business? I certainly would have. Perhaps they were there to check out a new Ford Fusion.

I am glad you weren't driving a Ford.
They laughed about it, its not like it was said in bad taste, it was a joke,

I am glad I am not driving a Ford Expendition too. An Explorer would not be so bad, the new one that is. How is your reign here going? Pissing people off as usual?

|
|
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
They laughed about it, its not like it was said in bad taste, it was a joke,
That sounds like such a manufactured story . . .
Quote:
I am glad I am not driving a Ford Expendition too. An Explorer would not be so bad, the new one that is. How is your reign here going? Pissing people off as usual?
I don't know, you tell me. How are you feeling today?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
entune, fight, ford, ready, sync, toyota

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page