2b2
Mercury C557

Jaguar XF (pre-NYC)

official site:

[video=youtube;TZB-A5HtntI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZB-A5HtntI[/video]
[video=youtube;N6uVH8m1hwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6uVH8m1hwY[/video]
[video=youtube;qhmMwFyGeIE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmMwFyGeIE[/video]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg allNew_XF.JPG (27.6 KB, 50 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: Jaguar XF (pre-NYC)

Oh no , dear Ian Callum. Your last big new idea as a designer was the XJ's Black C Pillar. Your brain are empty now. No imagination or innovation with your last 2 designs, the XE and this new XF. The best of the XF are the tailligths. The rest of the car take some cues from 3 series BMW (the profile, the front quarter,the wrarapound headligths... even the 3rd window almost has the hofmeister kink !). Is a pretty car, not bad at all. But unispiring.

Is a shame...

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 PM
Ford Explorer

I like it! To me I see a little more of the classic Jaguar in the details all while still being thoroughly modern!! I thought the last XF was a little to bland, it was far to reminiscent of the Lexus GS/Infiniti G35 sedans, this still has that similar profile but the details are far better!

I still wouldn't buy one, though I would love to get ahold of a nice older non-flush headlight XJS!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

^^^ around 8mins in to the 3rd video, Ian Callum says the new XF is actually smaller than the previous one
:SHOCK:
he does say it doesn't look it but it's lower and not as long either....

^ & ^^ it's giving me a LOT of style ideas for future Lincolns (NOT copying, "just" inspiration) I give it a 90 -to- 99.9;
my qualms so far, SO FAR, are the TLs and the C-pillar
&
an ex-friend had an XJS, SP...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Ford Focus ZX

I think it's a beautiful car. Especially love the taillights. The car in the second video is the best looking one in my opinion I like that color/wheel combo.

2001 Mercury Sable LS Premium - Medium Royal Blue
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - Light Ice Blue
2014 Buick Lacrosse Leather Group - Quicksilver
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

figures N.C.S. would finally get their XF pages up just after the puter lab closes...
...assuming their verbiage is the official press release (as usual) so posting the whole thing

Jaguar XF - NetCarShow
The all-new Jaguar XF has been revealed during a dramatic 'high-wire' water crossing in the heart of London's business district.

Expert British stunt man Jim Dowdall, veteran of Hollywood movies including Bond, Bourne and Indiana Jones, drove the all-new Jaguar XF 240 metres across a high-wire to demonstrate the new XF's lightweight aluminium-intensive construction. The new XF is 80kgs lighter than its closest competitor, resulting in best-in-class efficiency (over 70mpg) and CO2 (104g/km).

The all-new XF brings an unrivalled blend of refinement, fuel economy, dynamics and design to the business car segment.

With segment-leading figures for interior space, the all-new XF's dynamic, coupé-like design is formed around Jaguar's aluminium-intensive architecture and combines the outstanding proportions, elegant surfaces and pure lines which define all Jaguar cars, with exceptionally low aerodynamic drag.

The cabin utilises a seamless blend of contemporary luxury materials and finishes, traditional Jaguar craftsmanship and state-of-the art technology. With features such as the new InControl Touch Pro premium infotainment system and 12.3-inch TFT instrument cluster.

"In creating the all-new XF, as a design team we have been driven by discipline, the discipline of simplicity. Every exterior line on the XF has a clear purpose - nothing is superfluous. Achieving that simplicity takes time and requires great determination; it's all too easy to add lines to a car, but much harder to addcharacter by leaving lines out. Inside too, we have been driven by the desire to ensure the XF's cabin is as comforting as it is comfortable. New technology, including our new 10.2-inch touchscreen, is combined carefully with materials that cosset and reassure. The all-new XF has a clear sense of calm and strength, both outside and inside - and I'm proud of my team for delivering that." - Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar

The original XF's sleek exterior and luxurious interior made it a desirable, aspirational vehicle. Combined with benchmark driving dynamics, the XF was like nothing else in the segment and has gone on to become Jaguar's most-awarded car.

The all-new XF retains its predecessor's core attributes but uses Jaguar's advanced aluminium-intensive architecture to elevate them to a completely new level. Featuring 75 per cent aluminium, the architecture enables weight savings of up to 190kg over the outgoing model and an increase in torsional stiffness of up to 28 per cent.

The architecture also delivers dramatic improvements in packaging and the proportions so essential to Jaguar design. Though 7mm shorter and 3mm lower than the car it replaces, the all-new XF's 2,960mm wheelbase is 51mm longer, enabling class-leading rear seat space with more legroom, kneeroom and headroom.

The efficiency gains inherent in the lightweight aluminium construction are complemented by the all-new XF's refined, powerful engine range. The 2.0-litre Ingenium diesel engines are available in 163PS/380Nm and 180PS/430Nm ratings and are offered with specially-optimised six-speed manual- and eight-speed automatic transmissions. In 163PS manual form, the all-new XF delivers 104g/km CO2 and is the lightest, most efficient non-hybrid diesel model in the segment - 80kg lighter than its closest competitor.

All other engines are matched exclusively to eight-speed automatic transmissions. The 3.0-litre V6 twin-turbo diesel benefits from a host of advanced technologies which boost efficiency and refinement still further, and raise output to 300PS and a remarkable 700Nm of torque. Also available is the renowned 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol engine with 380PS/450Nm torque.

The light, stiff bodystructure is also fundamental to the all-new XF's superb vehicle dynamics. The sophisticated double wishbone and Integral Link suspension - combined with near-50:50 weight distribution - delivers the ideal balance between agility, comfort and refinement.

Incorporating all of the learning from F-Type and XE, the meticulously-tuned Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) maintains the XF's benchmark steering feel and response - and contributes to the all-new XF's outstanding fuel economy.

Advanced passive damper technology delivers exceptional ride comfort as standard, but for even better control the Adaptive Dynamics system determines the optimum damper settings for the driving conditions.

Jaguar Configurable Dynamics, first developed for F-Type, provides the ultimate in control and enables the driver to individually tailor settings of the dampers, steering, engine and eight-speed automatic transmission.

As with XE, rear-wheel drive ability is enhanced too. All-Surface Progress Control, developed for low-speed driving in adverse conditions, automatically manages the brakes and the throttle to deliver the best possible traction, enabling the car to pull away smoothly and without drama: the driver only has to steer.

Infotainment and connectivity is the most advanced Jaguar has ever offered. The all-new InControl Touch Pro system features a 10.2-inch touchscreen and Dual View technology which simultaneously allows the driver to see information such as navigation, while the front seat passenger watches TV or a DVD.

To handle the enormous amounts of data, InControl Touch Pro features a solid-state drive and a quad-core processor, and runs on state-of-the-art, ultra-fast Ethernet - a next-generation network offering exceptional data transfer rates. Combined, they deliver incredible graphics, fast response times and truly exceptional performance.

Complementing InControl Touch Pro is a reconfigurable 12.3-inch TFT instrument cluster. Jaguar Land Rover pioneered this technology with the XJ and Range Rover and is now bringing it to the business car segment.

To make every journey safer and even more relaxing, the all-new XF offers a wide range of advanced driver assistance systems, and is also the first Jaguar to offer full-LED headlights.

The all-new aluminium-intensive Jaguar XF will be manufactured at Jaguar Land Rover's Castle Bromwich Plant alongside the all-aluminium F-Type and XJ.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasWC View Post
I think it's a beautiful car. Especially love the taillights. The car in the second video is the best looking one in my opinion I like that color/wheel combo.

I can't re-play the video at home but
if you mean the wheels I'm thinking/remembering, imho
they're as close to perfection as any I can think of
edit2
NOT these:

think they were ""double-9's"" with lovely 3D detailing where the spokes met the hub

&
my 1st impression is I'd like more of the circle "pipes" in the TLs
these seem a bit '''sleepy'''

what I need to 'study' re: the C-pillar is the curve of the (behind-the-)reardoor glass - and compare it to the 1st gen...

&
edit
sooooooo...

the "Circle-Letter" is their new badging for more than electro-Jags

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 09:20 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasWC View Post
I have to agree with you ThomasWC, the new Jaguar XF is a beautiful car. The taillights look great as does the inspired by Audi headlights and DRL. I think I prefer the color and wheels of the car in the first and third videos. I love white with dark windows and touches of black trim just no black rims please. (imho)

I can't wait to see what Lincoln has in store for us next week. They can design a superior product but the question is did they?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Ford Focus ZX

^ You're right the white one does look sharp too. I agree with you about black rims.

I can't wait to see a new Lincoln as well. I'm counting down.

2001 Mercury Sable LS Premium - Medium Royal Blue
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - Light Ice Blue
2014 Buick Lacrosse Leather Group - Quicksilver
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 01:52 AM
News Guru

mmm...a big XE......like front but hate the taillights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
jaguar, prenyc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page