FoMoCo Shanghai 2015 - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Ford Mondeo

Garage
Re: FoMoCo Shanghai 2015

Was at the Shanghai Auto show today... it's huge, and ran out of time by the time we got to the Lincoln exhibit, but all I can say is: Lincoln has China figured out. Their area is huge and elaborate and roped off. You have to stand in line to enter, which is a sure-fire way to get people interested. There are tons of people milling about the cars, but making newcomers wait just a few minutes to join them is a brilliant tactic, as the line was long.

We happened by just as a show around the Continental was going on. A male and female dancer performed a gymnastics-type show in front of the car to classic music. There was also a beautiful white 50's Continental on display. Seriously, Lincoln knows what they're doing in China! I'm back at the show for two more days (to work), but will have time before and after the crowds arrive to get a proper look and photos.

Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 02:44 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul8488 View Post
Was at the Shanghai Auto show today... it's huge, and ran out of time by the time we got to the Lincoln exhibit, but all I can say is: Lincoln has China figured out. Their area is huge and elaborate and roped off. You have to stand in line to enter, which is a sure-fire way to get people interested. There are tons of people milling about the cars, but making newcomers wait just a few minutes to join them is a brilliant tactic, as the line was long.

We happened by just as a show around the Continental was going on. A male and female dancer performed a gymnastics-type show in front of the car to classic music. There was also a beautiful white 50's Continental on display. Seriously, Lincoln knows what they're doing in China! I'm back at the show for two more days (to work), but will have time before and after the crowds arrive to get a proper look and photos.
Did you see the refreshed Chinese-spec Focus? I believe this could preview the refreshed Focus for the rest of Asia-Pacific.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 11:07 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Got to spend some more time around Lincoln today (went early this morning before opening; despite wearing a presenters badge there was no way to get in before the crowds and take a peek at the Continental, alas...), and I once again state that Lincoln knows what they're doing in China. They had one of the most elaborate stands, matched only by the DS display in class and style. What was brilliant about eh Lincoln display was that much of it matches their Chinese dealerships, so people who discovered them at the show will feel right at home when they visit the dealerships now. Navigator looks great in black, it's going to be a hit, no question.

As for the Continental, I found it larger than I expected, nice and long, low and wide. It doesn't look like any Bentley model, it simply doesn't. I'd say those drawings need to be frozen and that thing put in production (only thing I'd do is put on some smaller, more attractive rims).

Didn't have as much time at Ford's stand as I would have liked, but the GT is awesome! The details around the taillights (the look like air outlets, not sure what they vent!) are really cool. ST and RT Focus models are really sharp too. Taurus is really quite a sedate design, but very handsome. I think that Ford knows what the Chinese want in a big sedan. The new Explorer is also very nicely updated.

Hadn't read your question beforehand, AM222, sorry didn't pay special attention to the Focus, sorry!

Will try to add some pictures as soon as internet wants to cooperate.

Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

belatedly & dunno if already posted but
Lincoln (now/last April(?)) has 3 article about the last Shanghai Autoshow...

Lincoln Unveils Three All-new Vehicles at Auto Shanghai 2015

The All-New Lincoln MKX Unveils in China at Auto Shanghai, Offers a Spacious and Luxurious SUV Experience; Pre-Sale Prices Announced

Lincoln Continental Concept Shows the Future of Quiet Luxury and Upcoming Full-size Sedan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015, fomoco, shanghai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page