Lexus show its new GS at Monterey Car week - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Ford Flex

Lexus show its new GS at Monterey Car week

Bland profile and ridiculous looking front....it will fit right in with the rest of their lineup.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 03:08 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Lexus show its new GS at Monterey Car week

The Lexus GS gets a number of enhancements for the 2016 model year, and the updated sedan makes its official debut in California during Monterey Car Week. The usual mid-cycle refresh styling nip/tuck is evident, but the bigger story is the addition of a new, rear-wheel-drive GS 200t model.

Lexus' IS sedan isn't the only one getting turbo-four power for 2016. The GS 200t uses that same 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine, good for 241 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. It's paired exclusively with an eight-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive, and Lexus says the GS 200t should be able to achieve 33 miles per gallon on the highway.

Not to be left out, the naturally aspirated GS 350 gets a small power bump for 2016. The 3.5-liter V6 now produces 311 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque, up from 306 and 277, respectively. The GS 450h hybrid carries over with its powertrain unchanged, as well as its 29/34 mpg city/highway rating.

More here: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/13/2...#slide-3581981

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18978[/ATTACH]

What do you think about it, guys? Maybe the Lexus designers going too far with that grille??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001-2016-lexus-gs-200t-1.jpg (75.3 KB, 12 views)

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 05:43 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Re: Lexus show its new GS at Monterey Car week

Enough is enough with that hideous grille. Looks absolutely ridiculous.

2001 Mercury Sable LS Premium - Medium Royal Blue
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - Light Ice Blue
2014 Buick Lacrosse Leather Group - Quicksilver

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Pick up your pitchforks everyone: I really don't mind that Lexus' styling and I find that Hyundai concept to be gorgeous.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 10:29 PM
Ford Explorer

*note to self, never give credence to gjrip when it comes to styling*
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 07:37 AM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
*note to self, never give credence to gjrip when it comes to styling*
I know you're (mostly) joking but I'll still go to bat for myself. Lol. Lexus is doing something different. People are shitting all over them because they're outside the box, but they're still selling. I am more impressed by their willingness to TRY something than I am the actual cars. These new grilles can be ugly on their SUVs for sure, but an RC-F is amazing in person. I guess I don't criticize Lexus (or new Nissans like the Maxima and Murano) because nowadays so many cars look identical, making an original, different design refreshing to see rather than the same of the old thing we see driving around every day.

Beyond my Lexus comments, though, idk what anyone would see as ugly in that Hyundai concept. It's really quite charming. But Lexus is just different, and I appreciate the effort. Not saying if I picked up a pen and paper that I would reincarnate predator, but I digress.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
I know you're (mostly) joking but I'll still go to bat for myself. Lol. Lexus is doing something different. People are shitting all over them because they're outside the box, but they're still selling. I am more impressed by their willingness to TRY something than I am the actual cars. These new grilles can be ugly on their SUVs for sure, but an RC-F is amazing in person. I guess I don't criticize Lexus (or new Nissans like the Maxima and Murano) because nowadays so many cars look identical, making an original, different design refreshing to see rather than the same of the old thing we see driving around every day.

Beyond my Lexus comments, though, idk what anyone would see as ugly in that Hyundai concept. It's really quite charming. But Lexus is just different, and I appreciate the effort. Not saying if I picked up a pen and paper that I would reincarnate predator, but I digress.
Yes, I was just joking, everybody has their own taste, it's just that mine is better!

Trying something new is great and all, but if that was the new face of Lincoln I would cringe just the same. In regards of the RC-F, that is a good looking vehicle, and the very aggressive face works because the car as a whole is an aggressive package. To my eyes it just doesn't work on a vehicle that needs to look more refined, or a SUV/CUV.

Finally, I said earlier in this thread I believe, I don't hate the look in person, on the cars, I just don't love it and for Lexus money I **** well better love it!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 02:35 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

full disclosure: I am philosophically opposed to Japan Inc. (prolley jealous too) & sorta-hate MB for what they did to Chrysler (plus they look cra$$/ta$tele$$ imho (Link to Link to pix) input Very welcome & requested)
+
I fear we are well into another [strike]styling-[/strike]
'fashion'-aberation period like the 50's & 70's....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
...Lexus is doing something different.
People are shitting all over them because they're outside the box(their minds)
but they're still selling (this scares me - to dismay)...

...an RC-F is amazing in person...

...Beyond my Lexus comments, though, idk what anyone would see as ugly in that Hyundai concept. It's really quite charming...
Quote:
...but if that was the new face of Lincoln I would cringe just the same...
...In regards of the RC-F, that is a good looking vehicle, and the very aggressive face works because the car as a whole is an aggressive package...
imhO the Lexoid RC's(?)** are Not amazing or aggressive in their styling.
If you rip off their front ends (as I'd like to do),
the rest of sheetmetal is very bland (speaking as a chopper who tried to use them for a LincStang:
""there's no there, there""
) (also check out the reardoor handle area)
just the graphics are extreme = pounds of lipstick, eye makeup ...on top of amateur plastic surgery that went horribly Horribly wrong
(don't even like their recent interiors)

re: the Hyundai coupe.
as I'm sure you've seen others criticize:
the back is Odd/mis-shapen-to-drab
(nice enough interior tho)
&
*IS* it a hatchback?

I tend to think of Peter Schreyer as 2nd only to Max
but suspect H/K's 'Approvers' are sabotaging his efforts

** the little Lexoid Cuv (NX?) DOES have non-bland sheetmetal - but only cuz an Edward Scissorhands did it)

apologies if this rant was undesired - lack of sleep - again :-<
...OH! and a lot of caffeine >8-|

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Ford Explorer

Personally, I like the less aggressive RC more than the RC-F, I think it's a classy looking coupe though again, I'm not a big fan of the face. The RC-F on the other hand is very aggressively styled, front to back, side to side, boy racer all the way.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 05:05 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ for finding pix

Quote:
...Personally, I like the less aggressive RC more than the RC-F, I think it's a classy looking coupe though again, I'm not a big fan of the face. The RC-F on the other hand is very aggressively styled, front to back, side to side, boy racer all the way.
I'll respectfully & cheerfully agree to disagree

title for pic: "Oooo a vent"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oooo a vent.jpg (49.9 KB, 34 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
car, lexus, monterey, week

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page