Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 268Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 06:36 PM
FIN Staff Member

Re: Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
I saw that picture on Lincoln's Facebook, but thought was one of their regular pics that they post all the time. I'm super excited to see the new Navigator. I really think the new design language will work well on a big suv, but curious to see with the rest of it as well as if they are going to differentiate it from the Expedition more than the current model.
Based on Lincoln's designs not sharing any sheetmetal or touch points with a Ford model, the Navigator and Expedition will be quite different.
badhac likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^ it's nothing definite, badhac
just Jose & I have noticed Lincoln frequently (it seems) concentrates on a model they about to debut
tho
in this case
there's been a number of sources saying to expect the Navi at NYC - just dunno if concept of nearly-production
Lincoln concepts tend to be nearly-production, so yes, and yes.
igor2 likes this.
post #13 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
Based on Lincoln's designs not sharing any sheetmetal or touch points with a Ford model, the Navigator and Expedition will be quite different.
There is plenty of precedent to say big SUVs are impacted less by familial similarities. I hope you're correct though, it would be very nice to see a new Navigator continue to lead with it's IRS along with going the extra mile with a totally unique aluminum body!

post #14 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:05 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

since the drivetrains of concepts or even showcars can be a game of "Let's Pretend" (MKR)
I'm curious what they'll SAY the aluNavi has hiding under the hood/engine-cover & for a trannie

@Bloggin , did you see what I posted just before your "hint" question?
Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
since the drivetrains of concepts or even showcars can be a game of "Let's Pretend" (MKR)
I'm curious what they'll SAY the aluNavi has hiding under the hood/engine-cover & for a trannie

@Bloggin , did you see what I posted just before your "hint" question?
The MKR was a long, loooooonnnnnng time ago, in a Ford corporation far away. No concept Lincoln has done in recent years has played any games in terms of engines, transmissions, or anything drivetrain related, they typically just don't comment on them.

I anticipate the NextGator will continue with a next-gen 3.5EB, err, 3.5T under it's hood along with the obvious 10-speed.
post #16 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
The MKR was a long, loooooonnnnnng time ago, in a Ford corporation far away. No concept Lincoln has done in recent years has played any games in terms of engines, transmissions, or anything drivetrain related, they typically just don't comment on them.

I anticipate the NextGator will continue with a next-gen 3.5EB, err, 3.5T under it's hood along with the obvious 10-speed.
I predict a hybrid (plug-in?) will be shown on the concept. Ford needs to prop it's hybrid cred after Gen2 hybrids were slammed with the MPG adjustment, and there has not been any Hybrid news from ford in many years.

Besides even if not just for marketing, SUVs are hot and Ford needs a few compliance models.
2b2 and scford58 like this.
post #17 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:37 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor2 View Post
I predict a hybrid (plug-in?) will be shown on the concept. Ford needs to prop it's hybrid cred after Gen2 hybrids were slammed with the MPG adjustment, and there has not been any Hybrid news from ford in many years.

Besides even if not just for marketing, SUVs are hot and Ford needs a few compliance models.
that's half of what I'm wondering THO (esp with oil prices now) don't expect electrification in a REAL truck / more like Aviator = Jan.2019

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 11:51 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
that's half of what I'm wondering THO (esp with oil prices now) don't expect electrification in a REAL truck / more like Aviator = Jan.2019
It could be that going light weight aluminum and the near 1,000 lb weight loss of the New Navigator, that Lincoln won't feel the need to go plug-in, but instead auto stop-start and a more efficient/more powerful EcoBoost engine.
post #19 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 12:00 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
It could be that going light weight aluminum and the near 1,000 lb weight loss of the New Navigator, that Lincoln won't feel the need to go plug-in, but instead auto stop-start and a more efficient/more powerful EcoBoost engine.
It'll be interesting to see if they offer the 2.7 or 3.0 as a base engine with the 3.5 as the top of the line. I would hope the 2nd-gen 3.5 should be good for 450/450 which'll put it neck and neck with the current GM 6.2.
2b2 likes this.
post #20 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 12:25 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ "good for 450/450" ...AT LEAST
imho a Suv can get away with a bit more 'sport', less stump-pulling, than the F-150

Quote:
just-imho, Lincoln doesn't have a choice re: Plug-Ins
(ordinary hybrids are so last decade)
if they don't feel their need, they gotta get therapy & meds...STAT
unless
you're talking about just the Navi and just in the near-term

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
The MKR was a long, loooooonnnnnng time ago, in a Ford corporation far away...
hah! MKR was just 'yesterday' imho...
...sorta let's ya know how I'll keep feeling about Merc as long as I live
ThomasWC likes this.

Last edited by 2b2; 03-10-2016 at 12:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page