Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 268Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 06:36 PM
FIN Staff Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,891
Re: Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
I saw that picture on Lincoln's Facebook, but thought was one of their regular pics that they post all the time. I'm super excited to see the new Navigator. I really think the new design language will work well on a big suv, but curious to see with the rest of it as well as if they are going to differentiate it from the Expedition more than the current model.
Based on Lincoln's designs not sharing any sheetmetal or touch points with a Ford model, the Navigator and Expedition will be quite different.
badhac likes this.
Bloggin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Ford Explorer
 
SP1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,400
Re: Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^ it's nothing definite, badhac
just Jose & I have noticed Lincoln frequently (it seems) concentrates on a model they about to debut
tho
in this case
there's been a number of sources saying to expect the Navi at NYC - just dunno if concept of nearly-production
Lincoln concepts tend to be nearly-production, so yes, and yes.
igor2 likes this.
SP1966 is offline  
post #13 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Ford Explorer
 
SP1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,400
Re: Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
Based on Lincoln's designs not sharing any sheetmetal or touch points with a Ford model, the Navigator and Expedition will be quite different.
There is plenty of precedent to say big SUVs are impacted less by familial similarities. I hope you're correct though, it would be very nice to see a new Navigator continue to lead with it's IRS along with going the extra mile with a totally unique aluminum body!
SP1966 is offline  
 
post #14 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:05 PM
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show

since the drivetrains of concepts or even showcars can be a game of "Let's Pretend" (MKR)
I'm curious what they'll SAY the aluNavi has hiding under the hood/engine-cover & for a trannie

@Bloggin , did you see what I posted just before your "hint" question?
Bloggin likes this.

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2b2 is offline  
post #15 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Ford Explorer
 
SP1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,400
Re: Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
since the drivetrains of concepts or even showcars can be a game of "Let's Pretend" (MKR)
I'm curious what they'll SAY the aluNavi has hiding under the hood/engine-cover & for a trannie

@Bloggin , did you see what I posted just before your "hint" question?
The MKR was a long, loooooonnnnnng time ago, in a Ford corporation far away. No concept Lincoln has done in recent years has played any games in terms of engines, transmissions, or anything drivetrain related, they typically just don't comment on them.

I anticipate the NextGator will continue with a next-gen 3.5EB, err, 3.5T under it's hood along with the obvious 10-speed.
SP1966 is offline  
post #16 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Focus RS WRC
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 528
Re: Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
The MKR was a long, loooooonnnnnng time ago, in a Ford corporation far away. No concept Lincoln has done in recent years has played any games in terms of engines, transmissions, or anything drivetrain related, they typically just don't comment on them.

I anticipate the NextGator will continue with a next-gen 3.5EB, err, 3.5T under it's hood along with the obvious 10-speed.
I predict a hybrid (plug-in?) will be shown on the concept. Ford needs to prop it's hybrid cred after Gen2 hybrids were slammed with the MPG adjustment, and there has not been any Hybrid news from ford in many years.

Besides even if not just for marketing, SUVs are hot and Ford needs a few compliance models.
2b2 and scford58 like this.
igor2 is offline  
post #17 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:37 PM
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor2 View Post
I predict a hybrid (plug-in?) will be shown on the concept. Ford needs to prop it's hybrid cred after Gen2 hybrids were slammed with the MPG adjustment, and there has not been any Hybrid news from ford in many years.

Besides even if not just for marketing, SUVs are hot and Ford needs a few compliance models.
that's half of what I'm wondering THO (esp with oil prices now) don't expect electrification in a REAL truck / more like Aviator = Jan.2019

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2b2 is offline  
post #18 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 11:51 PM
FIN Staff Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,891
Re: Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
that's half of what I'm wondering THO (esp with oil prices now) don't expect electrification in a REAL truck / more like Aviator = Jan.2019
It could be that going light weight aluminum and the near 1,000 lb weight loss of the New Navigator, that Lincoln won't feel the need to go plug-in, but instead auto stop-start and a more efficient/more powerful EcoBoost engine.
Bloggin is offline  
post #19 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 12:00 AM
Ford Explorer
 
SP1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,400
Re: Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
It could be that going light weight aluminum and the near 1,000 lb weight loss of the New Navigator, that Lincoln won't feel the need to go plug-in, but instead auto stop-start and a more efficient/more powerful EcoBoost engine.
It'll be interesting to see if they offer the 2.7 or 3.0 as a base engine with the 3.5 as the top of the line. I would hope the 2nd-gen 3.5 should be good for 450/450 which'll put it neck and neck with the current GM 6.2.
2b2 likes this.
SP1966 is offline  
post #20 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 12:25 AM
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Lincoln: 2016 New York Auto Show

^ "good for 450/450" ...AT LEAST
imho a Suv can get away with a bit more 'sport', less stump-pulling, than the F-150


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
It could be that going light weight aluminum and the near 1,000 lb weight loss of the New Navigator, that Lincoln won't feel the need to go plug-in, but instead auto stop-start and a more efficient/more powerful EcoBoost engine.
just-imho, Lincoln doesn't have a choice re: Plug-Ins
(ordinary hybrids are so last decade)
if they don't feel their need, they gotta get therapy & meds...STAT
unless
you're talking about just the Navi and just in the near-term


Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
The MKR was a long, loooooonnnnnng time ago, in a Ford corporation far away...
hah! MKR was just 'yesterday' imho...
...sorta let's ya know how I'll keep feeling about Merc as long as I live
.
ThomasWC likes this.

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 03-10-2016 at 12:31 AM.
2b2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome