LA: 2018 AlfaRomeo Stelvio SUV - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 11:18 PM
News Guru

Re: LA: 2018 AlfaRomeo Stelvio SUV

looks good but it is just a Giulia CUV (a taller Giuilia) I was expecting a bit more
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 05:55 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
True, but like Ford, they didn't have the platform architecture available for Alfa. At least FCA didn't produce Alfa's on Fiat platforms. They also got their RWD (Giorgio) platform built well ahead of Ford (D6), it must be said.

FCA is a poorly run company; they should have had Alfa Romeo up and running long before this, according to their own announcements. But you seem to hold FCA to a higher standard than Ford who for years built "crappy overdressed" Fords called Lincolns (and Mercurys).

BTW, has anyone seen an Alfa Giulia on the road? I don't get the drift that FCA has got it together for Alfa yet.

Oh, really?

This is The Alfa Romeo MiTo , builded on the FWD Fiat Punto (B class) platform. You can see it in the Alfa Romeo european web page
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (136.8 KB, 4 views)
2b2 likes this.

Last edited by falcon lover; 11-17-2016 at 06:02 AM.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 07:32 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
The bold is interesting given I'm in the minority here in that I take a critical view of both Ford and Lincoln and my posts run the gamut from positive to negative as each situation warrants. I'd be curious if that comment was due to my not mentioning Lincoln in this non-Ford/Lincoln thread or something else?
Although I did reference your statement in my comment, it wasn't meant to be personal. I have noticed that your comments about Ford/Lincoln are balanced and did not mean to offend. Since I came upon that thread through the FIN-Lincoln site, I maintained that frame when I made that comment. I guess that was inappropriate.

I think the announced Alfas are stunning but I hate what FCA's CEO is doing and how he's doing it (using Jeep to finance questionable brands, screwing Fiat dealers, shopping for bailout partners, etc.). Until I see Alfa dealers and Alfas on the road, I still consider them "unobtanium."
2b2 and SP1966 like this.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 07:41 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post

Oh, really?

This is The Alfa Romeo MiTo , builded on the FWD Fiat Punto (B class) platform. You can see it in the Alfa Romeo european web page
My error. I forgot about the MiTo. I probably should have said "marketed in the U.S." FCS wisely chose not to import MiTos as they would have tarnished the Alfa Romeo brand here. Thanks for the correction.
2b2 likes this.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 12:03 PM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

That is a **** good looking CUV. The one thing I keep wondering is what is the point of Maserati anymore?
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 12:33 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
That is a **** good looking CUV. The one thing I keep wondering is what is the point of Maserati anymore?
You have to say "darn" because they censor **** ever **** mother fucking time, **** it.

Edit: **** is bad but fucking is good? LOL
Andrew L, gjrip and badhac like this.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

meh...
MotorAuthority

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page