175Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 229 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 03:21 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: 2017 LA Auto Show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
Assuming we'll see the MKX, but hoping for MKC or an electric as well. Nothing for Ford?
didn't see anything but 'production' for Ford ... guess Mr.Hatchett's [moving-faster] hasn't gotten moving yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
...From what I've seen the MKC facelift is much less significant than the MKX...
only have old info (MKC new 'soon' in Jan.2019 when Escape adds Cuautitlán, MKX new in Mar.2022) but
can also see this as just spending more on the higher profit Cuv
+
hoping for a re-alignment with a tauter-on-the-outside C, making room for a Macan-competitor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
...I'm still wonder about the C & Escape de-coupling - but I'm stubborn + not That rational...
*IF* they show both at L.A, they should have somethin else later, like NYC
*IF* they show only One at L.A, we might get ONLY one other later

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 10-13-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 229 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 03:41 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
It would be strange to electrify the MKC with a facelift on a platform that is being replaced in 2020 with a new Escape. From what I've seen the MKC facelift is much less significant than the MKX, they really cut some corners by retaining most of the existing lower fascia and headlights despite the new grille. The MKX replaces the entire front with major powertrain upgrades. The MKC and MKX look quite different from each other after the update, the MKX gets some new design details derived from the Navigator while the MKC holds onto a more swept-back design of the current design. I like the MKC update mostly, MKX is kinda boxy in a Volvo XC90 sort of way and may look good once cleaned up but I still hate that boxy oversized Lincoln grille.
The one thing I do remember reading that was a quote from Ford was that the upcoming refreshed models will get electrification. This would be the same hybrid or PHEV system that is in the C-Max, sharing the same platform. And I also say this because the MKC is the highest volume sales model in China for Lincoln. And Lincoln new energy vehicle sales need to reach at least 800 monthly on sales of 100k annual units by 2019. The same goes for the refreshed MKX.

BTW...Hyundai is launching a 240 mile EV version of this by 2018.

Along with a longer range 200+ mile range Iconq coming around the same time....

2b2 likes this.
post #23 of 229 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Ford Falcon

Am I imagining that we saw spy pics of an MKC with a plug?

Or am I thinking of the next-gen Escape mule?

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior

post #24 of 229 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 09:32 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Am I imagining that we saw spy pics of an MKC with a plug?

Or am I thinking of the next-gen Escape mule?
Escape mule....

2b2 likes this.
post #25 of 229 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 09:45 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
Escape mule....

For some reason that is what comes to mind reading your post. I hope the coppers aren't very fast or there will be no escape!
2b2 likes this.
post #26 of 229 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 09:49 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
I love it when the haters are unmasked...
Hater?? Um...hasn't he spent his hard earned money on several lincolns in the last few years?

There is a difference between hate of Lincoln and critiquing and expressing dislike of product and how a company is (mis) managed.
falcon lover likes this.
post #27 of 229 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 05:44 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
Hater?? Um...hasn't he spent his hard earned money on several lincolns in the last few years?

There is a difference between hate of Lincoln and critiquing and expressing dislike of product and how a company is (mis) managed.

post #28 of 229 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 09:23 AM
Ford Focus ZX

I'll be surprised if the 2019 MKX is shown in LA. As far as I can tell, the 2018's aren't on lots yet, and you can't even build them at Lincoln.com. Plus, recent history tells us we should see the 2019 Edge first. I'm hoping for an Aviator concept soon, although I think it's too early. Detroit, Chicago or New York seems more likely for that.

If a production model debuts in LA, I'd wager it'll be the MKC. If I'm remembering correctly, it's going to be a short cycle though, right? An all new MKC or whatever it's called will be arriving earlier than is typical? If so, it's all the more reason we'll see the refreshed MKC first.
2b2 likes this.

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
post #29 of 229 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 09:56 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post

and some might say there is a difference between critiquing a company, and repetitively accentuating and then denouncing everything they perceive as inferior against every competitor in the industry.

And for the record, leasing requires far less commitment of ones monies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #30 of 229 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
and some might say there is a difference between critiquing a company, and repetitively accentuating and then denouncing everything they perceive as inferior against every competitor in the industry.

And for the record, leasing requires far less commitment of ones monies.
I have been more fair then you give me credit for, I have praised and criticized but focusing only on the critique is your fault and not mine.

And I hate to break it to you but leasing a car is not like renting a car. It's a financial contract like any other and it's a smarter one than buying a new car outright, especially a luxury car. And unlike a purchase, I can't just unload the car anytime I want.

Last edited by Assimilator; 10-14-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page