Ford Inside News banner

2011 Ford Super Duty Debuts At Texas State Fair

9K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  wingsnut 
#1 ·
BEHOLD THE NEW SCORPION - HERE TO ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE
FORD UNVEILS NEW 2011 FORD SUPER DUTY AT TEXAS STATE FAIR

The camouflage has finally been removed and Ford has finally showed the world what the new 2011 Ford Super Duty truck will look like. Fitting it is debuted at the Texas State Fair, in the market that buys more pick-ups then...well...anywhere!

The new Super Duty also debuts two new power plants for the truck. The much touted, Ford developed, NON-NAVISTAR, 6.7 Liter Scorpion Diesel capable of running on new B20 Bio-Diesel, and a new 6.2 Liter gasoline V-8. Ford has not given any of the figures about these engines, but expect them to step the game up and keep the Super Duty well on top of the nearest competition. Both engines are mated to the TorqShift Six-speed Automatic with manual SelectShift control and a Tow Haul option with integrated exhaust braking.

The big change though is the grille. It is an incredibly bold, aggressive but much more fluid design. It actually flows into the cab shape far better than the last iteration. It looks more Truck, not wanna-be Semi. But, there is no mistaking this rig for anything other than a Ford, just see how large the blue oval is in between those two massive grille slats. Honestly, in this blogger's opinion, this is the best look yet for the Super Duty.

Interior changes appear to be minimal if none at all. The last Super Duty saw the entire cabin redesigned. So...it really wasn't necessary. It is a rugged, but classy place to be.

As the new Super Duty is handed to the automotive press for evaluation, we'll get much better ideas of just how much higher Ford has raised the bar. Dodge has the new Ram HD out this year, and Chevy and GMC still have their offerings, but they still pale in comparison to the Super Duty.

I can't wait for a chance to see this truck in person at an upcoming auto show. Let alone get a chance to drive one!

For more details and a full gallery on the new truck, check out Autoblog.com.

So fans of the Blue Oval, glad we didn't take any bail out money? I know I sure am!

Stay Fabulous!
RG

See less See more
#6 ·
Great interior pic Tut!

Ford has really stepped up the plastic quality again...and the wood grain trim...looks so much better in the matte finish. The whole interior now really fits the bold exterior design.

They even integrated the center stack even better, a lot like in the Mustang. The instrumentation is so much sharper and more legible now...without using that huge, block font as before.

This truck is really aging and maturing well from new design to new design.

#7 ·
Thank you RG.
The leather in this looks like the king ranch too, which I might add would make Mercedes Benz look cheap.
The Leathers of Ford King Ranch are some of the best in the business, hands down.

Great interior pic Tut!

Ford has really stepped up the plastic quality again...and the wood grain trim...looks so much better in the matte finish. The whole interior now really fits the bold exterior design.

They even integrated the center stack even better, a lot like in the Mustang. The instrumentation is so much sharper and more legible now...without using that huge, block font as before.

This truck is really aging and maturing well from new design to new design.
I am not exactly sure I like the snout. I will have to see it in person. They seem to have made the side vents smaller. I also have to see those in person, to determine if its a step down from prior side vents which were very cool.

#8 ·
Very nice and Bold.
I wonder what this grill will look like in the dull black plastic of the basic fleet truck.
I wonder if the Super Duty with the Scorpion will get better MPG than the F150.

#9 ·
Thank you RG.
The leather in this looks like the king ranch too, which I might add would make Mercedes Benz look cheap.
The Leathers of Ford King Ranch are some of the best in the business, hands down.

I am not exactly sure I like the snout. I will have to see it in person. They seem to have made the side vents smaller. I also have to see those in person, to determine if its a step down from prior side vents which were very cool.
Funny you say that is the King Ranch leather, cause the only model pictured with interior shots is the Lariat. I see two materials on the seats, leather and what looks like suede inserts. Yes, the King Ranch truck will make Mercedes & BMW leathers look like pleather and also give PETA a full on mio-cardial infarction!

Now, about the King Ranch model...I did some digging around and found that Left Lane News had some great pics of the different trim lines available from the Ford display.
And...here is the King Ranch in the F-450 "Dualy" sheet metal. Check out the Left Lane gallery here.

Firstly, notice that the chrome surround of the main grille, is painted to match the black body color...not a bad way to distinguish the King Ranch from the others. Also, notice that Ford shrank and restyled the wheel arch for the dual rear axle. It really cleans up the side flanks.

Here's another King Ranch in white, with the single rear axle.

And now, the spleandor that is the King Ranch interior...

As for the front end design, like all things, in time. I didn't like the design of the new Subaru WRX STi...and now, over a year later...I still have issues with it, but it is getting slightly better.

Still, given the boldness of this truck, there is no mistaking it between the new Ram HD or the Chevrolet/GMC HDs.

#12 ·
I wonder if they will update the Econoline's front end to match this one as well...

#13 ·
Good truck! Nice and handsome styling, very good looking interior and sensational new diesel..... good job, Ford...!
And that grille ! My God.. is the bigest and the most atractive truck grille ever...
I couldn't have said it better myself. That grille looks like it would weigh a lot if it were not for plastics!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.