"Teslas are .... " - Page 40 - Ford Inside News Community
 151Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #391 of 396 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 09:57 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
^

Of course EV's are part of the solution. I just don't want an invasive government forcing automakers, and thus me, to change. Build a better product that does not cost more and limit consumers, and they will vote with their money - not mandates.
...no one is forcing you to change. Tesla is still selling a great number of vehicles in the US, even with the measly $1875 tax credit...which ends in 2.5 months...because it makes a better product. Ford is selling $60k Explorers & Corsairs. A $50k Model Y is hardly too expensive nowadays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 396 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 09:11 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: "Teslas are .... "

https://driving.ca/porsche/taycan/au...box=1571050916

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #393 of 396 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 10:32 AM
Focus RS WRC

Issue is still range/affordability/size class. The interior of the Taycan is Model 3 sized, not Model S. The performance of the base 4S is Model 3 Performance level. The range of the base 4S is probably 25% less. The cost of a Taycan over a M3P is about 100% more.

Now, few, if anyone, are cross shopping a Taycan and an M3P. If you want a Porsche, you want a Porsche. But the same goes for Tesla. If you want a Tesla, you want a Tesla, and based on social media shares, Tesla Model S led the country as the “dream car” pick. Given how many people want Teslas, I sincerely doubt anyone is going to abandon Tesla for something that costs so much more.

Anecdotally, I know 2 guys in other forums who own Model S who put deposits on Taycans; both canceled when Porsche announced pricing. Makes you wonder if that is why Porsche released the lower priced models so soon after.

Last edited by mooseman; 10-20-2019 at 10:36 AM.

post #394 of 396 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 10:54 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: "Teslas are .... "

Have not driven a 3 yet, but I seriously doubt performance to be on par with a Porsche. Acceleration is not the only metric that matters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #395 of 396 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 08:29 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Have not driven a 3 yet, but I seriously doubt performance to be on par with a Porsche. Acceleration is not the only metric that matters.
...well, you should drive one first. It handles marvelously. Expect a Track Pack soon that will increase magazine/marketing numbers. The only shortfall of the current 3 is tires and brake pads, both of which are getting a packaged upgrade...though it already was faster around most tracks than a BMW M3, which isn’t exactly a low bar.
post #396 of 396 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 10:54 AM
Focus RS WRC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
oatmeal, teslas are, teslas are cute

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page