151Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 383 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

"Teslas are .... "

...cute (just go look...)

LINK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 383 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: "Teslas are .... undriveable(?)"

Tesla responds to 'undriveable' review (with VIDEO)
DetroitFreePress/USA Today

By Chris Woodyard, USA TODAY
May 19, 2015

Consumer Reports elaborated on details Monday surrounding its door-handle problem in its new $127,000 deluxe Tesla electric performance sedan Monday that it says made the car "undriveable."

Consumer Reports says testers were initially locked out of its 27-day-old top-of-the-line Tesla Model SP85D because the car's fancy retractable door handles wouldn't work...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UNdriveable.JPG (55.7 KB, 37 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 383 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: "Teslas are... ...stingy?"

since this is a sort of offbeat thread...

Tesla sends out 'don't use our Superchargers all the time' letters
Autoblog

Aug 19th 2015

Model S Owners Don't Take Kindly To Such Things

...Now, there are letters scolding some Tesla Model S owners for overusing the company's Supercharger network of electric-vehicle chargers...
...The official wording from Tesla about the Superchargers is that, instead of "free forever," CEO Elon Musk is now talking about the Superchargers as offering "free long-distance travel forever." See the difference?...

...The following is the text of the letter, as reported by numerous sites

Dear XX,

One of the great benefits of owning Model S is the many ways to easily charge. Between home charging, Destination Charging, and Supercharging, there is a solution for any application and adventure.

In particular, the Supercharger Network is the fastest, largest and quickest growing charging network on the planet. The Supercharger Network has grown tremendously to meet the needs of our owners and so far more than 150 Stations have opened globally in 2015.

However, as fast and prevalent as Superchargers are they will never be as convenient as charging at home. The true convenience value of EV ownership is unlocked when owners enjoy the ease of charging at home each night and Supercharging only when needed. Simply plug in when you arrive home and Model S will charge right away or at the time you've scheduled using the Touchscreen or Mobile App. Long before morning, your car will be fully charged for the next day. There is no extra travel time and no waiting.

The Supercharger Network's intent remains to expand and enhance your long distance travel while providing the flexibility for occasional needed use during local trips. Our goal is to provide the best charging experience, keeping charge times low to get you back on the road as quickly as possible. As a frequent user of local Superchargers, we ask that you decrease your local Supercharging and promptly move your Model S once charging is complete. Doing so ensures a better experience for the whole Tesla ownership community and allows Supercharger resources to be available for those who need them most.

Our helpful charge time and cost calculator shows just how little it costs to fill up at home. Using the national average cost per kWh of $0.12 and a 40 mile daily commute, topping up at home is under $2.00. In addition, many utilities offer incentives for off-peak charging, allowing you to realize additional savings of up to 50% depending on your local utility provider.

post #4 of 383 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Ford Mondeo

Garage
Re: "Teslas are .... "

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
Our goal is to provide the best charging experience, keeping charge times low to get you back on the road as quickly as possible. As a frequent user of local Superchargers, we ask that you decrease your local Supercharging and promptly move your Model S once charging is complete. Doing so ensures a better experience for the whole Tesla ownership community and allows Supercharger resources to be available for those who need them most.
I dunno, sounds reasonable to me. Of course it's annoying to be told something is 'unlimited', and then to be told 'but within limits', but if people are blocking Superchargers so that others can't use them, then I get Tesla's point.

Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us...

post #5 of 383 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

"Teslas are... "

...Updating Cars With Semi-Autonomous Driving
Starting on Thursday

TTAC

By Aaron Cole on October 13, 2015

Tesla will begin rolling out its firmware update Thursday to enable some Model S and Model X cars to partially drive themselves, the company’s CEO announced on Twitter.

Tesla’s AutoPilot feature will reportedly steer the car during some highway driving and help parallel park the car. A valet feature that would park and retrieve the car without a driver will reportedly come later. It’s unclear how autonomous the cars will be after Thursday, so we’ll save up the $75,000 and let you know as soon as we can...

post #6 of 383 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

10 Things I Hate About My Tesla...

...Actually, I could only get to seven things.
TheDrive.com

By Andy Blau
November 4, 2015

I picked up my new Tesla Model S a year and a half ago. It is a dark shade of green and affectionately named the Green Hornet. After 18,100 miles I have compiled my list of the ten things I hate most about my Tesla. Don’t get me wrong. This is a very cool car. It is generally reliable and fast as ****. But, there are certainly flaws in the car and here’s my take.

1. There’s No Spare Tire...

2. This Car Hates Cold Weather...

3. Only 2 Cup Holders?...

4. It’s Developing a Premature Rattle...

5. It Makes Your Life More Complicated
First of all, don’t buy a Tesla if you don’t have a backup. The big problem is that you really have to think before driving beyond your everyday commute. When I want to take a 100-mile trip to Philadelphia or a 250-mile jaunt up to visit my son at the University of Vermont, I have to really have to plot my trip, plan my charging stops, and factor in 30 minutes charging time.

I get no comfort from Tesla’s claim you can now drive from NYC to LA. Maybe I’ll do that when I retire. Right now I want to know that I can take a leisurely drive without having to beg someone to let me use their 110-volt outlet to charge my car. Or, I can hop into my wife’s Lexus or my daughter’s Subaru and, you know, just drive straight there.

6. I’m not that psyched about driving it in the snow...

7. The Hardware Can’t Keep up With the Software
Tesla’s software updates automatically. But the claim that this car is software driven—a paradigm-buster in the auto world—is only partially true. In reality, it’s hardware driven.

I made the mistake of buying the entry-level Model S60. But over the past 18 months, Tesla has added a slew of new software features that I can’t get because they require new hardware—dual motor, which gives you 4-wheel drive, Auto-Pilot, blind spot monitoring, etc. My advice? Don’t buy a Tesla! Lease it. That gives you a much better option to trade in and enjoy the benefits of Tesla’s newest features which are not only software driven but hardware driven, too.

8. OK, I Can’t Get to 10
Here’s the thing: The Tesla is a great driving car, packed with torque and superb handling. I smile every time I pass a gas station, even if gas in New Jersey is now $1.87 a gallon. I don’t regret the purchase in the least. In fact, I’m trading in my S60 for a new Model S70D. Tesla, I just can’t quit you.

Last edited by 2b2; 11-06-2015 at 05:18 PM.
post #7 of 383 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

meaningless (imho) Bob Lutz on Tesla article - Autoblog
DUH!

( but it led to...)

Tesla Compared To Enron, Ponzi Scheme In Scathing New Research Report
zerohedge.com
(?)
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 05/24/2016

( too technical for me )

post #8 of 383 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Ford Mondeo

Garage
Re: 10 Things I Hate About My Tesla...

Quote:
1. There’s No Spare Tire...
Do any cars have a spare tire these days?

Quote:
2. This Car Hates Cold Weather...
No heater?

Quote:
3. Only 2 Cup Holders?...
Ugh.

Quote:
4. It’s Developing a Premature Rattle...
Legitimate complaint. Take it in and get it looked at.

Quote:
5. It Makes Your Life More Complicated
First of all, don’t buy a Tesla if you don’t have a backup. The big problem is that you really have to think before driving beyond your everyday commute. When I want to take a 100-mile trip to Philadelphia or a 250-mile jaunt up to visit my son at the University of Vermont, I have to really have to plot my trip, plan my charging stops, and factor in 30 minutes charging time.

I get no comfort from Tesla’s claim you can now drive from NYC to LA. Maybe I’ll do that when I retire. Right now I want to know that I can take a leisurely drive without having to beg someone to let me use their 110-volt outlet to charge my car. Or, I can hop into my wife’s Lexus or my daughter’s Subaru and, you know, just drive straight there.
Everyone who bought one knows the limitations. Yes, there's a trade off. You also get close to 300 km of driving on a full charge. What kind of leisurely drive are you taking? An electric car clearly isn't for you, sir.

Quote:
6. I’m not that psyched about driving it in the snow...
Get snow tires. It has traction control. Where is the problem?

Quote:
7. The Hardware Can’t Keep up With the Software
Tesla’s software updates automatically. But the claim that this car is software driven—a paradigm-buster in the auto world—is only partially true. In reality, it’s hardware driven.

I made the mistake of buying the entry-level Model S60. But over the past 18 months, Tesla has added a slew of new software features that I can’t get because they require new hardware—dual motor, which gives you 4-wheel drive, Auto-Pilot, blind spot monitoring, etc. My advice? Don’t buy a Tesla! Lease it. That gives you a much better option to trade in and enjoy the benefits of Tesla’s newest features which are not only software driven but hardware driven, too.
Which running hardware upgrades did BMW offer you? Mercedes? Jaguar? You'd rather have no software upgrade than have software upgrades, knowing that NO ONE offers hardware upgrades?

I usually don't question someone's opinion of a vehicle, but most of his complaints seem very silly to me.

Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us...

post #9 of 383 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Can Tesla Motors Inc. Justify Its Lofty Valuation?
amigobulls.com
(?)
Posted by Brian Wu on May 23, 2016

(TL;DR) More...

post #10 of 383 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 09:29 PM
Focus RS WRC

...not my cup of tea..... lol

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)
"Beginning to think that I'm wasting time" __ Dobie Gray __ 'Drift Away'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
oatmeal, teslas are, teslas are cute

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page