Tesla Model S Test Drive - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via AIM to YellowZx5 Send a message via Yahoo to YellowZx5
Tesla Model S Test Drive

I was asked to give a brief review of my test drive of the Tesla Model S since I currently am the proud owner of a FFE or Ford Focus Electric 2015.

The first thing we all notice of the Tesla is the size and sleekness of the car. It's absolutely beautiful inside and out. Press the silver handle and the handles pop out. I have been told it's a nice touch but when they don't pop out then your stuck out of your own car. You get the famous frunk and a trunk, which are nicely lined. If you children then you can get the optional rear facing seats like in the Taurus Wagons of yesteryear.

The most amazing part of the car in my honest opinion is the amount of customization to the settings of the car. If you like a sporty ride, the car has the setting. If you want to drive more Eco conscious, the car has the setting. If you drive on the highway and your driveway is gravel, the cars gps will remember once you set the car to ride higher on its air suspension to automatically raise and lower the car! Give that guy a medal!! The other great asset to this car is something simple we in the EV community can think of daily, which is plugging the car in. The cars' charge port is cleverly hidden till you click the sleek button on the charge wand of a Tesla charger, but the car locks the charger in for security. The most important asset of the charger, is that unlike Chademo or CCS chargers, the Tesla charger is the same on 110v to the Super Charger. If this was the standard across the map, it would make everything too **** simple. Instead, the FFE has no fast charge and takes 3-4 hours to charge and once Ford does add fast charge, it's a different plug!!

Driving the beast was amazing. Taking a good drive on city streets, and highways was just amazing. We were allowed to gun the throttle like a spaceship and I was giggling like a school girl. We were told the cars will have a sort of auto pilot where it will set and keep distance from other cars on the highway, as well as stay in the lane you're in while you take your hands off the wheel.

To make the long story short, the car was awesome and I can't wait to see what the Model 3 has to offer. If Musk makes the 3 anywhere close to the Model S, boy will the big two have a bigger problem.

Current Car; 2018 Focus EV 115m Range
2015 Focus EV 75m Range, 2013 Cmax Energi, 2010 Fiesta, 2007 Milan, 2005 Ranger, 2002 Focus Zx5.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vermont Drive Electric Ambassador
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 01:57 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Tesla Model S Test Drive

Thanks for the write-up, YellowZx5

how was it that you got to test-drive it? As a potential customer thru a "dealer"/Tesla store?

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via AIM to YellowZx5 Send a message via Yahoo to YellowZx5

When your a part of the ever growing EV community, you learn about these types of things. Tesla is currently going around New England with their cars and offered test drives at the local country club. My friend got an email and we got got to drive the same exact car on the same exact course. I took the highway with a little speed and he liked the curves of the gold course entrance and did a little speed on that.

I am amazed at Tesla and how nice that car is. I hope to see the Model 3 and hope its similar to that.

Current Car; 2018 Focus EV 115m Range
2015 Focus EV 75m Range, 2013 Cmax Energi, 2010 Fiesta, 2007 Milan, 2005 Ranger, 2002 Focus Zx5.

Vermont Drive Electric Ambassador

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 04:40 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ Cool

since I'm not personally a CuvSuv person, I wish the ||| was next!

(tho for FLincMoCo's sake, I'm glad it isn't)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
drive, model, tesla, test

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page