2016 Tesla Model X - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2016 Tesla Model X

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
And I have very little tolerance for a brand like Tesla, who arrogantly produces expensive, exclusionary products on such a small scale, completely overvalued in the market, and over-marketed as creative visionaries to pseudo-progressives who believe that Detroit brands are archaic and close-minded simpletons, who have no vision. When the truth is our modern societies, worldwide, greatly depend on the very vehicles Detroit (and other brands) produce.

Battery electric cars are easy to produce.
And when there is enough demand for them, I am certain that volume will follow.
And I will snicker when the Tesla 'visionaries' of the world, are put in their place.
While I'm no Tesla fanboy I think they deserver more respect than that. Any bleeding technology tends to be expensive so I don't begrudge Tesla from focusing on the premium market, in fact, I think it was the only possible route to success for a start up in the auto industry. Further, I don't think building electric cars is that hard in comparison to building fuel powered cars, the two big holdups IMO are infrastructure and charging time. Here is where I see Tesla as deserving of praise, they've not only been building out their Supercharger infrastructure, making it far more convenient to recharge electric cars, they've also made the tech available to other manufacturers so if they chose, their electric cars would have the advantage of a relatively large and growing charging base.

My problem with Tesla is that beyond the tech, their cars are just not all that intriguing to me as cars. Even so, I think they're serving an important purpose in helping drive the industry forward!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 02:16 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

-not the Tech but
being (current) Masters of Perception

[video=youtube;TbUDbH6tjGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbUDbH6tjGs[/video]

= paying $ix digit$ for the 'privilege'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Ford Explorer

SP, I seem to have started this off with my remarks about being a $140K minivan that can't be taken on a trip.

Perhaps that was a bit unfair.
And my additional rant toward them, came on the heels of a recent discussion with my bro-in-law, who is in marketing.....and whom loves to shine a bright light on what he thinks are Ford's failings. Like, why can't Ford produce a car like the Tesla S? He is family, so I tread lightly with a diplomatic response, thus, I am probably venting here instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2016, model, tesla

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page