Tesla Model 3: 215 miles of range for $35,000 - Page 11 - Ford Inside News Community
 78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 12:28 AM
Ford Falcon

Re: Tesla Model 3: 215 miles of range for $35,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
That was a ridiculous article. What the original article is referring to are the early production models that have access to FREE Slacker music, until the software update next month that opens up all the audio options of the Model S. So it seems he had to rush to publish the blog post quickly before the software update was available. But what you will notice is that NO Tesla Model 3 owners are complaining. And No radio is a good thing....I NEVER listen to the radio in my car, it's always streaming music I choose, commercial/news free.

Also, the Model 3 has automatic, speed/moisture sensing wipers that self-adjust. This is the future of the automobile, so there won't be an AM/FM Radio or CD Player. You won't even need a smartphone cause the car has it's own cellular connectivity for streaming data/music.
You may think no radio is a good thing, but I don't, and many out there would agree.

Well, the control panel on that Model 3 said otherwise about the wipers.

I agree CD players are going away, but that's because nobody uses CDs anymore, and they've been on their way out for some time now. Frankly, I'm surprised it's taken this long for that to happen. FM/AM radio is different, though. Tons of people still use it. So to assert that it's useless and unnecessary is a bit ridiculous.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 07:03 AM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
But what you will notice is that NO Tesla Model 3 owners are complaining.
The only owners of the "3" are Tesla employees yes?

2012 Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 SW Moondust Silver 5spd manual
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.6 EcoBoost AWD Panther Black 6spd Auto
post #103 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 07:35 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
That was a ridiculous article. What the original article is referring to are the early production models that have access to FREE Slacker music, until the software update next month that opens up all the audio options of the Model S. So it seems he had to rush to publish the blog post quickly before the software update was available. But what you will notice is that NO Tesla Model 3 owners are complaining. And No radio is a good thing....I NEVER listen to the radio in my car, it's always streaming music I choose, commercial/news free.

Also, the Model 3 has automatic, speed/moisture sensing wipers that self-adjust. This is the future of the automobile, so there won't be an AM/FM Radio or CD Player. You won't even need a smartphone cause the car has it's own cellular connectivity for streaming data/music.

No radio is perfect for you. Not for me. And i dont use the radio almost never, i use my smartphone. But in some cases, like emergency situations, the radio is very important. About CD player, is a dead format. But radio doesnt.

post #104 of 117 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 12:38 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

Tesla Model 3: everything you didN'T want to hear - if buying one :-p

here's a sequence of short videos which include critiques of the Model 3 via AutolineDetroit

they start (I think) with #2278 from Jan.9, at the ends - embedded:

HotRod likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 02-18-2018 at 12:41 AM.
post #105 of 117 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 10:56 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Here's the full video of the Model 3 safety analysis. Some troubling design features to say the least.

https://youtu.be/QCIo8e12sBM

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
post #106 of 117 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 12:23 PM
Ford Explorer

You get what you pay for with a Model 3....yikes and that is $40K.

I am a bit troubled by all the steps needed for first responders to disable, cut and prevent fire risks. What, do they need schematic for every future product made? And oh btw, what if it is damaged beyond recognition, which is the typical scenario. And be careful putting out BEV fires....

https://www.carscoops.com/2017/10/th...guish-burning/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #107 of 117 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 07:41 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ @HotRod : more 5:17...
HotRod likes this.

post #108 of 117 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 08:47 PM
FIN Staff Member

[QUOTE=wingsnut;371137]You get what you pay for with a Model 3....yikes and that is $40K.

And oh btw, what if it is damaged beyond recognition, which is the typical scenario.

What happens is that the occupants walk away virtually unharmed.

Despite taking a hard hit, all occupants of the Model 3 escaped mostly unharmed.
https://www.leftlanenews.com/tesla-m...dit-99930.html
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has yet to crash test the Tesla Model 3, but, judging from one owner's experience in a high-speed crash, the EV should ace anything the agency can throw at it.Circumstances surrounding the crash are still a bit murky (the driver says they can't divulge too much information because they are still working with the insurance company on a settlement), but the driver of the Model 3 reportedly slammed into a parked car at about 60mph. Although the car was totaled, the driver and front passenger walked away with only minor injuries.
post #109 of 117 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 08:50 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
Here's the full video of the Model 3 safety analysis. Some troubling design features to say the least.
Tesla Model 3 benchmarked, dissected by German automaker
https://www.leftlanenews.com/tesla-m...ker-99942.html

"Each assembly came to the test, but especially in the power electronics made the testers big eyes," the German report says. "Compact, expandable, fully integrated, modular, easily accessible, well protected, low priced and astonishingly clever in many details - that was the verdict of the experts, which the colleagues from other manufacturers gradually joined."
2b2 likes this.
post #110 of 117 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 05:24 AM
Ford Kuga

"the driver of the Model 3 reportedly slammed into a parked car at about 60mph"
hmmmmmmmmm???
wingsnut likes this.

2012 Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 SW Moondust Silver 5spd manual
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.6 EcoBoost AWD Panther Black 6spd Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page