Tesla continues to struggle - Page 11 - Ford Inside News Community
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:26 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Re: Tesla continues to struggle

...youíre buying a giant mobile phone, according to reviews. The only thing to recommend the A is the electronic screens...thatís it.

Chris Harris drives a Model 3P, not an A. Randy Pobst helped develop the a Model 3ís handling, which is excellent. The Aís isnít. The fun to drive factor on a 3P is about an 8, on the A itís a solid 4. The A is the appliance. Itís built for going from point A to point B with big LCD screens to distract you from the fact that it isnít a fun car to drive.

I hope you enjoy your appliance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:28 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...youíre buying a giant mobile phone, according to reviews. The only thing to recommend the A is the electronic screens...thatís it.

Chris Harris drives a Model 3P, not an A. Randy Pobst helped develop the a Model 3ís handling, which is excellent. The Aís isnít. The fun to drive factor on a 3P is about an 8, on the A itís a solid 4. The A is the appliance. Itís built for going from point A to point B with big LCD screens to distract you from the fact that it isnít a fun car to drive.

I hope you enjoy your appliance.

... I love my IPhone XS Max, too! Iīm sure I will be very happy!!

post #103 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 12:46 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Quote:
...you’re buying a giant mobile phone, according to reviews. The only thing to recommend the A is the electronic screens...that’s it.

Chris Harris drives a Model 3P, not an A. Randy Pobst helped develop the a Model 3’s handling, which is excellent. The A’s isn’t. The fun to drive factor on a 3P is about an 8, on the A it’s a solid 4. The A is the appliance. It’s built for going from point A to point B with big LCD screens to distract you from the fact that it isn’t a fun car to drive.

I hope you enjoy your appliance.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_kiss.png[/IMG]

... I love my IPhone XS Max, too! Iīm sure I will be very happy!! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
Happy with your Appy! 😉

post #104 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 06:37 PM
Ford Explorer

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/24/t...3FttBnuttnoQxg

A Tesla Model 3 is touted as a zero-emissions car by government regulators, but it actually results in more carbon dioxide than a comparable diesel-powered car, according to a recent study.

When the CO2 emissions from battery production is included, electric cars, like Teslas, are ďin the best case, slightly higher than those of a diesel engine, and are otherwise much higher,Ē reads a release from the German think tank IFO.

ďItís better read as a warning that new technologies arenít a climate-change panacea. Recall the false promises about corn and cellulosic ethanol,Ē
falcon lover likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #105 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 06:40 PM
Ford Explorer

I posted the above to remind people that there is no perfect solution, and, IMO, there is no life ending, vote for me, urgency either.

How about a smart and well thoughout pace driven by capitalism instead of gorwing government immensely, and backed by science that is proven and everyone agrees with, as we conserve and clean up our acts.
falcon lover likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #106 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:48 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/24/t...3FttBnuttnoQxg

A Tesla Model 3 is touted as a zero-emissions car by government regulators, but it actually results in more carbon dioxide than a comparable diesel-powered car, according to a recent study.

When the CO2 emissions from battery production is included, electric cars, like Teslas, are “in the best case, slightly higher than those of a diesel engine, and are otherwise much higher,” reads a release from the German think tank IFO.

“It’s better read as a warning that new technologies aren’t a climate-change panacea. Recall the false promises about corn and cellulosic ethanol,”
...that’s based on numerous assumptions on energy production mix. Around here, over 53% is non CO2 producing. Further, an EV gets cleaner as production gets cleaner...or even cleanest if you have solar on your home. An ICE vehicle will never get cleaner once you buy it. Never. I’d rather have the 15-20 year tail of an EV in the used car market than some of the poorly tuned, blown ring, bad gasket polluters I see the “less fortunate” driving.
post #107 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:26 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
...thatís based on numerous assumptions on energy production mix. Around here, over 53% is non CO2 producing. Further, an EV gets cleaner as production gets cleaner...or even cleanest if you have solar on your home. An ICE vehicle will never get cleaner once you buy it. Never. Iíd rather have the 15-20 year tail of an EV in the used car market than some of the poorly tuned, blown ring, bad gasket polluters I see the ďless fortunateĒ driving.

Point again, there is no utopia. BEV is dirty too when purchased new due primarily to battery production. And guess what happens when that 15-20 year old BEV needs a new battery?

And you are 100% wrong if you think that oil production can't get cleaner. It can and does.
falcon lover likes this.

post #108 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 02:01 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

The electricity is making cars faster, not the world cleaner.

Enjoy your faster-than-Lambo Tesla, in a world more dirty.

post #109 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
The electricity is making cars faster, not the world cleaner.

Enjoy your faster-than-Lambo Tesla, in a world more dirty.

[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_kiss.png[/IMG]
...maybe you don’t read too good. I don’t live in Germany. Also, I buy my automotive electricity through Green Power Switch. So, for $20/mo, both my and my wife’s EV range is purchased from non-CO2 producing plants...how’s that A-Class compare? You get your CO2-free gas, yet?

https://www.tva.com/Energy/Valley-Re...witch-for-Home
post #110 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 02:20 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
...maybe you don’t read too good. I don’t live in Germany. Also, I buy my automotive electricity through Green Power Switch. So, for $20/mo, both my and my wife’s EV range is purchased from non-CO2 producing plants...how’s that A-Class compare? You get your CO2-free gas, yet?

https://www.tva.com/Energy/Valley-Re...witch-for-Home

Of course, the air in Germany or China have nothing to do with the air in Alabama. After all, each state and country is completely isolated from the others by invisible curtains that separate the entire environment and make each one have a different state of contamination.

Anyway, global warming does not exist. At least, not the human caused global warming. You can continue using your Faster-than-Lambo Tesla without any fear of killing the planet.

P.S.: Is not where you obtain the electricity for your Faster-than-Lambo Tesla (you can take the energy directly from the sun if you want it...), is about the real consumption and CO2 emitions in the whole life of the vehicle. Is not only the source of the electricity you use to charge your Faster-Than-Lambo Tesla, is the CO2 emited by the production of the car and batteries. "A study released in 2018 also found driving electric cars might come with higher emissions than diesel vehicles, largely because of lithium-ion battery production". Here an article titled: "Tesla Model 3: mas emisiones CO2 que un Mercedes-Benz diesel". Is in Spanish, but I assume that you can pass it for the web translator. In that study made by the Economic Investigations of Munich It has been shown that a Tesla Model 3 emits more CO2 than a Mercedes-Benz A-Class diesel (220D) from the moment it is made up to 150000 Kms of operation. So, I'm proud to drive my A-Class in the near future!

https://www.economiadigital.es/tecno...20723_102.html

Here de same study, the article in english: https://theminnesotasun.com/2019/04/...r-study-finds/

Last edited by falcon lover; 09-05-2019 at 02:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page