First Look: The Next Generation Ford Edge Concept - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: First Look: The Next Generation Ford Edge Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboS40 View Post
The grille area might look better if either all blackout or body color. Doesn't the current Edge offer body color grille as an option?
The current Edge offer 2 grilles: the all chrome grille in the bese and upscale models and the black grille in the sport model. The current grille is big, "in your face" and very bold, but is most atractive. The new one is truckish...

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Focus RS WRC

My biggest concern is that it looks too much like the new Sante Fe.

Buy American!
Buy Ford!
So say we all...
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 09:00 PM
FIN Staff Member

They do look similar, but what looks like the production version of the new Edge has a cleaner more refined look. With more distinct Ford details.

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Editor

This will certainly be the best looking generation of Edge thus far. I wasn't fully understanding the significance or rather, the point of this as a concept vehicle though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---> Come join us
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Ford Explorer

Launch is still many months away, so a concept is not out of the norm, especially when it's close to final.

And since all things from Korea blindly steal from everyone else and make no apologies about it, good, I hope Ford did directly steal from them. Although they did not.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Ford Falcon

Seeing the Santa Fe Sport reminds me how ridiculous it looks compared to the Ford Edge. Sharing a grille shape and a total design package are VERY different things. And once again, this is a Taurus fascia, not a Hyundai one. But whatever, people can think what they want. Hyundai Santa Fe exists to challenge Edge.

Ford and Lincoln seem to like this light concept approach to building early buzz on a forthcoming car. It's a strategy that they obviously like and will continue to use. It almost seems like a guaranteed formula for them, you can expect it for virtually all major new introductions, although the Mustang appears to be skipping the concept phase. It also means we no longer see extravagant concepts anymore, especially from Ford.

The Edge concept seems very light however, lighter than even the MKC which had very exaggerated proportions. If you look at the door thickness on the MKC concept (bank-vault huge!) vs that on the Edge, you can see there is much less fiction going on with the Edge concept.

The Edge has already been spotted in full prototype mode for the past few months, they are close to a reveal I would think, but maybe not in January. The Detroit show might be set aside for F-150.
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Ford Sport Ka

Looks pretty good, but want to wait to hear the tech details. At minimum, let's hope that Ford put the Edge on a major diet, say 3 to 4 hundred pounds at least.
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980Capri View Post
Looks pretty good, but want to wait to hear the tech details. At minimum, let's hope that Ford put the Edge on a major diet, say 3 to 4 hundred pounds at least.
Do we really want a lot of weight reduction in a CUV? Improve the handling, yes. Improve the mpg, yes. Improve the performance, yes. Improve the towing, yes. But they can do all that without costly premium materials. So if it stayed the same weight and improved everything we care about, do we really care what weight it checks in at?

post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Do we really want a lot of weight reduction in a CUV? Improve the handling, yes. Improve the mpg, yes. Improve the performance, yes. Improve the towing, yes. But they can do all that without costly premium materials. So if it stayed the same weight and improved everything we care about, do we really care what weight it checks in at?
If they improve everything we care about without weight loss, but then add weight loss to the list of improvements then are we not further ahead? I shouldn't have to be an either or situation.
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
If they improve everything we care about without weight loss, but then add weight loss to the list of improvements then are we not further ahead? I shouldn't have to be an either or situation.
Depends on what you consider ahead?

To me, getting all those improvements without adding $$$$ is further ahead.
I could care less what my CUV weighs, and in fact, more weight can be a benefit to safety, stability, towing......

Less is not always more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
concept, edge, ford, generation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page