Official: 2015 Lincoln Navigator - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 01:57 AM
Focus RS WRC

Re: Official: 2015 Lincoln Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post

Germ you never really have positive thoughts about Lincoln... I just realized that. But you do know this is a Ford fan site. Not saying that you have to love everything but you don't have to be so negative. You could be a lot more supportive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 02:05 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willwll313wll View Post
Germ you never really have positive thoughts about Lincoln... I just realized that. But you do know this is a Ford fan site. Not saying that you have to love everything but you don't have to be so negative. You could be a lot more supportive.

That is his whole reason for even being on this site.

Haters Gonne Hate
post #13 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 02:09 AM
Ford Falcon

So Lincoln, if you could kindly slip one into the Detroit Autoshow so I can take a look at it before the week is over, that would be great....Thanks!

I can forgive the exterior design for the most part, even the interior looks undeniably posh despite the binnacles, but the lack of conveniences...even a heated steering wheel appears absent...is a deal-breaker.

post #14 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 02:17 AM
Ford Kuga

Should I not be a bit let down when Lincoln who I was expecting to bring a notable MCE to the table in a class that I actually would like to support with my hard earned money releases a vehicle that leaves much to be desired? With Mercedes offering GL450 leases for $729 a month with an actual V8 engine how could I be excited by this minimal MCE? For all of you that doubt my desire for Lincoln excellence please review my glowing opinion of the MKC which is a compelling product albeit in a class that I typically do not purchase in.

My first comment in one of the MKC debut threads.

Quote:
The only elephant in the room now is how it will compare to its competiton dynamically. It goes without saying that I , and anyone with a functioning pair of eyes expects this vehicle to be a rousing success.

Another first post in a MKC debut thread.

Quote:
Finally the cries for proper differentiation have been answered, and my only questions are as follows.

1. Will the MKC offer a stitched leather dash as a Black Label option?
2. Will the MKC offer a Haldex Gen IV AWD system which is of course quite divergent from the JTEKT AWD system used in the Escape?
3. Will the Red Label or 2.3T variant be marketed as a performance variant, and how will it compare dynamically to its competition?

It appears that as I already predicted this will be positioned as a direct Q5, X3, GLK competitor, and not as some had believed as a X1, Q3 competitor. I can emphatically tell you that this almost brings a tear to my eye, and furthers my dream of a strong Lincoln together with a strong Cadillac. Lincoln this is a huge step toward the proper way to do differentiation, and one of my only hopes is that the driving dynamics offer a pleasant surprise.
I can not , and will not sugar coat my opinion of Lincoln products when they do not meet my admittedly high expectations for the brand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 02:24 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Should I not be a bit let down when Lincoln who I was expecting to bring a notable MCE to the table in a class that I actually would like to support with my hard earned money releases a vehicle that leaves much to be desired? With Mercedes offering GL450 leases for $729 a month with an actual V8 engine how could I be excited by this minimal MCE? For all of you that doubt my desire for Lincoln excellence please review my glowing opinion of the MKC which is a compelling product albeit in a class that I typically do not purchase in.
The fact that you're complaining about it not having a V8 says something. You do realize that its lighter and more powerful than the 2014 F-150 Ecoboost that hits 0-60 in 6.5 seconds? You do realize that this is a MCE of a vehicle thats 7 years old, and thats only going to be on sale for 2-3 years? You don't have to be excited about it but at the very least, be understanding. Yes they couldve spent another 250 million developing this update but why would they when they are already working on it's replacement. I understanding you having high expectations. I do as well. I myself own 3 Lincolns but I don't expect them to be stupid and waste money. Would you rather them not update it all and just let it go on till 2017? Not that that would've been a terrible idea but updating it as much as they can is a better one.
post #16 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 02:26 AM
Ford Kuga

So we are now debating my opinion because of your opinion that I rarely if ever have anything good to say about Lincoln when I already proved that I do give Lincoln accolades every time I feel that they are due? I spent a weekend a couple of weeks ago with a 2012 F150 3.5 EB, and as much as I like the engine it simply isn't an engine that compares with the amazingly smooth latently powerful V8s available in the competition.

Look I have heard the same old song , and dance about wait, and see that I absolutely detest GM for when they do the same. I have waited for Renaissance after Renaissance, and I simply do not think that this represents a step forward after the excellence shown with the MKC. I know what is coming but I also know that GM can bankroll Cadillac car development budgets on the back of notable luxury SUV sales.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 02:28 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
So we are now debating my opinion because of your opinion that I rarely if ever have anything good to say about Lincoln when I already proved that I do give Lincoln accolades every time I feel that they are due?
Well can you tell me, in your opinion why you think it needs a V8?
post #18 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 02:36 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Look I have heard the same old song , and dance about wait, and see that I absolutely detest GM for when they do the same. I have waited for Renaissance after Renaissance, and I simply do not think that this represents a step forward after the excellence shown with the MKC. I know what is coming but I also know that GM can bankroll Cadillac car development budgets on the back of notable luxury SUV sales.
I agree with you.. but what choice did they have other than a minimum update until the new navigator is ready?
post #19 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 02:37 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORG
...It's an improvement for sure, but it's another Lincoln MCE which falls pretty flat and won't do much to move the needle (Think 2013 MKS and MKT)...
exterior-styling-wise, imho this MCE is SO MUCH better than the MKS's or MKT's
which imho did NOT improve ANYthing (IMHO!)

guess that can be expected since I see similarities to the chops I did a while back (& don't have the bandwidth to find again :-p)

along with the blurb about approximately a 2 year wait for the AllNew Navigator...
...I'm wondering if the Smilie Poll needs a Do-Over?

I'm a LOT happier now than I was a few days ago

post #20 of 178 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 02:42 AM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willwll313wll View Post
Well can you tell me, in your opinion why you think it needs a V8?
At this point Ford is obviously focused more on retaining existing customers rather than the conquest of new customers, and for Lincoln's faithful the 3.5 EB will be a notable upgrade from the boat anchor 5.4 3V.

Can you answer a question for me truthfully? Are you a large luxury SUV purchaser, and do you intend to purchase one in the near future perhaps? Have you ever personally owned a Escalade and/ or Range Rover after visiting Lincoln first to give them yet another chance to earn your business?

Because when conversations center around things like fuel economy in a segment that is much about image, and cache is it is about actual competence it tells me that perhaps there are many who do not understand the buyers who purchase in these segments. A vehicle that is amazingly desirable, and aspirational in spite of or because of a brand's image is what buyers look for in this segment.

An Expedition or a Tahoe at a significant savings can do everything functionally that an Escalade or Navigator can. If you do not understand the intangible appeal that would propel someone to spend $20,000 more for a vehicle with deplorable fuel economy , and no functional benefits over vehicles one or two classes below it would be quite impossible to understand buyers in this segment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
2015, lincoln, navigator, official

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page