ALL 2016 Lincoln MKX OrderGuides: [BL] + regular - Page 5 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 10:41 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: ALL 2016 Lincoln MKX OrderGuides: [BL] + regular

^ agree, Adam & I can even see a "bright side" ... in encouraging [BL]owners to be extremely loyal to the dealer they bought their vehicles from
but I was thinking more about roadtrip servicing/incidents
OR for a die-hard fan who drove many miles (100+?) just to buy a [BL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnFanFl View Post
You could be right - it's very hard to tell based on the pictures but since there are no other wheels left, I guess those are it.

BTW, those you just posted should indeed be the 20" Reserve FWD-wheels...
Yup
made aNother wheel graphic >> attached /
included some foto-snippets ... imho the only question is if there's really going to be 2 versions of the Reserve-AWD wheel like I thought = "plain painted" VS (dark-pockets-)painted/polished
&
Does it strike anyone else as kinda wierd having diff wheels for the same trim depending on if the vehicle is Awd or not?
I'd really REALLY just have them offer a WHEEL BOUTIQUE which imho would not-nec. require 7 styles per model
...edit...
esp when {RedPortfolio} comes out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg all-X-wheels.jpg (94.0 KB, 15 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 12:50 AM
Ford Sport Ka

The problem is Lincoln is alienating a huge part of the country who might want black label but can't get it for lack of convenience.
post #43 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
imho the only question is if there's really going to be 2 versions of the Reserve-AWD wheel like I thought = "plain painted" VS (dark-pockets-)painted/polished
Ha, so that's why I initially thought those were different wheels. The ones in the OG don't show any dark pockets. I can't imagine there will be two different versions of the same wheel (painted/unpainted pockets) since the OG is only offering one option to select those wheels - so unless they would be selecting them randomly, I don't know how that's supposed to work. Now, which of the two we will be seeing after all, however, remains the question. Personally, I prefer the ones with the dark pockets as shown on Lincoln's website.

EDIT: After looking again, I'm not even sure any more that the two are different and we're not looking at an optical illusion - AGAIN...

Quote:
Does it strike anyone else as kinda wierd having diff wheels for the same trim depending on if the vehicle is Awd or not?
It is a bit strange. What I experienced with BMW in the past is that they sometimes use wider wheels on the rear on their RWD-models with premium wheels and tires but use four identical wheels on their AWD-versions. The design of the wheel, however, was identical.

I can't imagine that Lincoln is going to offer a different width on their wheels but we should keep a close eye on the detailed info once it pops up.

2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
On order:
2020 Ford Explorer ST
2020 BMW X7 M50i

post #44 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
The problem is Lincoln is alienating a huge part of the country who might want black label but can't get it for lack of convenience.
This could very well be an issue. As of today, I would need to drive to Orlando to visit the next BL-dealer. Fortunately, my local one in Tampa will be BL by the end of the year as well.

I can understand Lincoln's approach as well. Becoming a BL-dealer is everything but an easy decision for the dealerships and comes with huge investments - causing them some headache. A small dealership not connected to a major market will have a hard time recouping their investments.

So I think that by starting slow and not enrolling each and every dealership in BL (at least not at once), they are doing a good job.

2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
On order:
2020 Ford Explorer ST
2020 BMW X7 M50i
post #45 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:13 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

re: the [BL] availability ^ & ^^
• "right sizing" is a *beach*
• NO doubt they need more dealers
• imho they're still figuring things out (treating BL that way!!) & expansion will wait for [BL]²... ...or like/maybe until THIS kind of [BL] basically becomes STD and something more amenable to what [WhiteLabel} ie fully-Bespoke will be
( hopefully advancing and keeping the [BL] brand alive while they reach-higher )+( assuming BL works! )

Quote:
...EDIT: After looking again, I'm not even sure any more that the two are different and we're not looking at an optical illusion - AGAIN...
I know

the only thing is the polished/machined ribs DO look diff to me
but
-- OGs do get changes sometimes in later versions
-- they could have originally planned 2 versions and cut/delayed one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #46 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:15 AM
Ford Sport Ka

[QUOTE=LincolnFanFl;401993] I can't imagine there will be two different versions of the same wheel (painted/unpainted pockets) since the OG is only offering one option to select those wheels - so unless they would be selecting them randomly, I don't know how that's supposed to work.

The original MKS offered 2 different versions of the same wheel (painted/unpainted pockets.)

2010 Lincoln MKS Elite
2006 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate
2012 Mercedes Benz E350
post #47 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:23 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ Jesster - I was just trying to remember examples
think some "SE" got its same wheels blacked-out (or partly) with the SportAppearancePkg (Fusion or Focus?)

post #48 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
I can't imagine there will be two different versions of the same wheel (painted/unpainted pockets) since the OG is only offering one option to select those wheels - so unless they would be selecting them randomly, I don't know how that's supposed to work.

The original MKS offered 2 different versions of the same wheel (painted/unpainted pockets.)
That's true..

BUT...I assume at that point, they were also listed as two different wheels in the OG, right?

2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
On order:
2020 Ford Explorer ST
2020 BMW X7 M50i
post #49 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
the only thing is the polished/machined ribs DO look diff to me
That's the problem - to me as well...

But as you said - they might still be tweaking a bit at the final thing...

2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
On order:
2020 Ford Explorer ST
2020 BMW X7 M50i
post #50 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Ford Focus

Quote:
In that case, you might also want to check out the non-BL OG I just added to the initial post...
Thank you - yes, I did.

Looks like I will have to do a lot of box-checking next year when I order the replacement to my current MKX! Glad to see lots of interior colour/wood choices in the non-BL as well. Too bad they didn't offer the alcantara headliner a-la-carte though. If I don't go for the 2016 MKX I think I will get a Grand Cherokee Summit and I believe that trim level gets the nice headliner.

I note the OG specifies that the new black will in fact be a metallic paint.

Does anyone know if the front turn signals are LED? They specify that the reverse lamps are, but not the fronts. I dislike how 'slow' incandescent turn signals are relative to the side marker LED signals in the current MKX. Yeah, I'm weird like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2016, black, guide, label, lincoln, mkx, order, orderguides, regular

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page