Lincoln Continental Concept - Page 12 - Ford Inside News Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 195 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 11:22 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: Lincoln Continental Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willwll313wll View Post
This one has projector headlamps. The LED lamps with the Lincoln star design will probably be a part of a tech pckge.

I'm bored with this. Make a statement already, if Acura of all brands can do it why in the **** does Lincoln have to cheapen everything? In the Continental Concept's case the headlights were a big part of it's identity, but they're going to toss that to the side for production.

I may not like the compromises necessitated by being the Taurus's big brother, but when it comes to details like the LED headlights there is no excuse IMO. The Continental is Lincoln's statement car, and the statement such small lost details makes is speaks volumes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 195 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
I'm bored with this. Make a statement already, if Acura of all brands can do it why in the **** does Lincoln have to cheapen everything? In the Continental Concept's case the headlights were a big part of it's identity, but they're going to toss that to the side for production.

I may not like the compromises necessitated by being the Taurus's big brother, but when it comes to details like the LED headlights there is no excuse IMO. The Continental is Lincoln's statement car, and the statement such small lost details makes is speaks volumes.
What are you talking about? The concept headlights are making it to production...

post #113 of 195 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 11:28 AM
Focus RS WRC

Another pic

post #114 of 195 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willwll313wll View Post
What are you talking about? The concept headlights are making it to production...

Look at the image I quoted, it has projectors. Yes the LEDs will make it to production but once again as an option which no other premium brand I know of does.

My issue with not making LED standard on the Continental is twofold, one is because the Continental is the car that will set the standard for Lincoln products and thus shouldn't be cheapened, and two, because those headlights were a primary design element on the concept. I understand the concept taillights were never going to production, but the face of the car should not have been minimized in an attempt to save a few dollars.

If they dumb down the design then the car will have little impact on the street, it's going to blend in rather than stand out. I hated the MKZ until I started seeing it on the street, it has presence in person. The Continental with those headlights makes a statement, it would get noticed.... if it happens to be one of the cars that gets them.
post #115 of 195 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 11:50 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
Look at the image I quoted, it has projectors. Yes the LEDs will make it to production but once again as an option which no other premium brand I know of does.

My issue with not making LED standard on the Continental is twofold, one is because the Continental is the car that will set the standard for Lincoln products and thus shouldn't be cheapened, and two, because those headlights were a primary design element on the concept. I understand the concept taillights were never going to production, but the face of the car should not have been minimized in an attempt to save a few dollars.

If they dumb down the design then the car will have little impact on the street, it's going to blend in rather than stand out. I hated the MKZ until I started seeing it on the street, it has presence in person. The Continental with those headlights makes a statement, it would get noticed.... if it happens to be one of the cars that gets them.
Your statement about no other premium brand that makes LED lamps an option is incorrect. In fact a few premium brands that offers LED lamps don't have it standard on all their vehicles. And you said they were tossing the headlights for production, which is why I posted the pictures, which in fact proves that they aren't. Also, you JUST SAID a couple post ago that they shouldnt make it AWD only because it would make it more expensive and now youre saying they shouldn't cheapen the car and it should set a standard. If you're going to do this than at the very least be consistent. And everyone doesn't like the look of a complex LED lamp design vs LED/projector designs. Nothing wrong with having options.
post #116 of 195 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Focus RS WRC

And those headlamps that look like projectors may actually be LED lamps with a simpler design, like the ones on the MKZ, which are standard right?
post #117 of 195 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 12:12 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

I agree with both of you but to add fuel to the fire the MKZ has LED lights STANDARD!

Mine has them and I love them! I also love how they turn with the wheel.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #118 of 195 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Focus RS WRC

I didn't know the MKZ lamps turned with the wheel.
post #119 of 195 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 12:29 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
I agree with both of you but to add fuel to the fire the MKZ has LED lights STANDARD!
It's a real possibility that the Continental will have LED lights standard, but just a simpler, less expensive design like the MKZ.

post #120 of 195 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 01:12 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Jeweled LED lights should be standard on a car of this stature. Not cheaper MKZ-like units IMHO. I think that is all SP is saying. And I agree.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
concept, continental, lincoln, test

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page