post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Editor

Re: MyFord/Lincoln……....….Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SullyND View Post
What does:

mean?

I know the Maps are on an SD Card now.
That photo was taken in one of the Edge tester at the media drive. That particular Edge had Ford's SD Card mapping and it was constantly faulting.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsap View Post
I drove three Edge's at the media drive, then have the MKX right now. All four lag and from what other journalists have told me, I'm not the only one to notice.
My brand new, ultralight, ultrasleek $1800 Asus laptop lags on rare occasion too and I am not sure if it is software or harware.
But dang, if that is the worst thing to experience with an otherwise stellar product, I will survive.

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
My brand new, ultralight, ultrasleek $1800 Asus laptop lags on rare occasion too and I am not sure if it is software or harware.
But dang, if that is the worst thing to experience with an otherwise stellar product, I will survive.
I think I made it clear that the positives of the system outweigh the negatives. That said, "good enough" isn't good enough anymore regardless of how innovative something may be. I'm going to be lambasted for saying this, but I spent two days with the Chevrolet Volt earlier this week and it has just as much (if not more) animation and fancy work in it's user interface and there was NO lag on it.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Perhaps the author of this thread should have remembered that while one company was innovating, the other company was raiding our wallets to the tune of $50 billion.
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT

Ford fixed similar problems with SYNC seamlessly and in no time. There is no question that IF this is an actual problem it will be fixed (I have only read about them here) in a similar manner. It is only consistent with what Ford has been doing with everything, from finances to cars.

Also, Ford has never marketed MyFord Touch for what it isn't. Honesty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
Ford fixed similar problems with SYNC seamlessly and in no time. There is no question that IF this is an actual problem it will be fixed (I have only read about them here) in a similar manner. It is only consistent with what Ford has been doing with everything, from finances to cars.

Also, Ford has never marketed MyFord Touch for what it isn't. Honesty
Oh I'm sure they will fix it as well, but hopefully sooner rather than later. Read Twitter, I'm not the only person to complain about this. A journalist in the Seattle area had an MKX that had so many issues with MyLincoln Touch that they came and got the car from him early.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Ford Explorer

I can't seem to recall many so called "reviews" of a product whereby there was not at least one complaint or critique of said product. Heck, I can't really recall any. Ever. It seems that there is always an expectation of a criticism, no matter how trivial it seems. It can be tweaked to sound large enough to consider.

"not good enough anymore"???
I fail to see how those words can possibly describe the latest Ford info-tainment system.
I also fail to recall any of the so called "delays or lags" that this reviewer experienced.

I do recall experiencing an intuitive system that required a minimal learning curve, offered tons of features as well as several options on how to interface to it. I also recall the much improved voice recognition from previous sync.

Do I recall perfection?
Well, I don't recall a lack of it, so yes, so far.

And should we expect improvements?
Of course.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
Ford fixed similar problems with SYNC seamlessly and in no time.
There are ongoing unresolved issues with SYNC. I will not buy another car with SYNC.
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Ford Explorer

Short of working around occasional previous gen voice recognition hurdles, can you name any problems with sync???

All mine have worked flawlessly, and I have yet to experience ANY voice recognition that is perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
myford or lincoln………touch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page