MyFord/Lincoln……....….Touch - Page 5 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Ford Kuga

Re: MyFord/Lincoln……....….Touch

I have zero experience with SYNC and MyFord/Lincoln Touch , but have been with great interest reading the "consumers" feedback on these features and it does
appear that the weak point is communication from Ford, whom generally responds by telling customers with complaints to visit the mysync website or whatever the site
is called.
My experience when I have visited this sync site for owners is that there is almost zero responses from SYNC representatives.

This strikes me a very odd for a company that is so "visable" and "responsive" thru their twitter , facebook, googlebuzz, thefordstory.com, social networks.

I asked Scott Monty why Ford seems to be ignoring or not participating with unhappy consumers via their social networks concerning one of the most important new features
which is responsible for attracting new customers into the Ford family, and his answer was the corporate blah blah that these complaints are being dealt with at this SYNC owners forum/website.

From where I am sitting it appears that when it comes to these very well marketed connectivity features, if unhappy users of these features make a noise directly to Ford thru the social network channels, the usual responders are passing the buck and directing these noise makers to another area where there is little to no help.

2012 Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 SW Moondust Silver 5spd manual
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.6 EcoBoost AWD Panther Black 6spd Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Ford Ka

The inside story to MFT/MLT is that there were problems during development that popped up and were never corrected until the cars were ready for production. Rather than wait to correct the issues before release of the vehicles the NA president decided to roll them anyway and repair in the feild. The only problem is the fix is still not ready and me\any owners have filed for lemon law while their vehicles sat at the dealer unusable due the MFT failures. Supposedly the system blanks out and reads "rebooting" and many times never returns. Just goes to show the big guy has no concern for customer issues or the image of FORD only profits. I wonder what impact this will have to Fords future profits and customer loyalty?
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflyer View Post
The inside story to MFT/MLT is that there were problems during development that popped up and were never corrected until the cars were ready for production. Rather than wait to correct the issues before release of the vehicles the NA president decided to roll them anyway and repair in the feild. The only problem is the fix is still not ready and me\any owners have filed for lemon law while their vehicles sat at the dealer unusable due the MFT failures. Supposedly the system blanks out and reads "rebooting" and many times never returns. Just goes to show the big guy has no concern for customer issues or the image of FORD only profits. I wonder what impact this will have to Fords future profits and customer loyalty?
Thanks for posting. I am still working this story further and I too have seen complaints that have been filed.

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 08:40 AM
FIN Staff Member

"A $17-million class action settlement was reached in November 2018 and it received a preliminary approval in March 2019. More than 360,000 Ford and Lincoln motorists who bought or leased between 2010 and August 2013 are now eligible to receive compensation. If you’re on that list, you can get as much as $400 provided your MyFord Touch has been repaired three times or more. Customers who’ve had two repairs qualify for a $250 payment, while those with one repair can get $100. According to the settlement, those who had no repairs but were not pleased with the infotainment system can get $45."

https://www.motor1.com/news/363993/f...-myford-touch/

Maybe there needs to be a thread for all the class action lawsuits awarded against Ford,
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:03 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

If you want to be (and, in fact, you are the first in some tech) you will be punished, because these new tech (naturally) will have faults. Of course, you will be punished if you are not Tesla.

post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflyer View Post

I owned a 2013 Explorer and when the sistem "rebooting" I disconnected the battery... and voila! The sistem return.

But this didnt make the vehicles "unusable".

Whatever... you are in America... and there everything is valid when you want to obtain economic benefit from a situation where a great company makes some mistakes.

Tags
myford or lincoln………touch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page