FIN Celebrates the Founding of the Ford Motor Company - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
The Spaminator

FIN Celebrates the Founding of the Ford Motor Company

FIN Celebrates the Founding of the Ford Motor Company
America's oldest turns 108
FordInsideNews.com
June 16, 2011
By: Austin Rutherford

108 years ago today, Henry Ford and his fellow investors founded the Ford Motor Company with $28,000. This was the third attempt by Ford to create a company and it proved to be his best. Ford Motor quickly became the world's largest auto company following the Model T. Though "Fordism," Ford created the assembly line and helped create America's middle class with its higher wages. Even though Ford has had its ups and downs through the years, it has survived the test of time to become America's oldest auto company.

So how did Ford do between its 107th and 108th. In the past year Ford has started it path toward investment grade status by paying off its debt. It has launched the All-New Ford Focus; Probably the its most important world launch since the first generation Focus. Proving the company is willing to do the impossible, it has given vehicles new life, such as with the All-New Explorer. Together with an ever increasing market share, good will by the public, and the return to being the second best selling company in the US, Ford's future and its place in history is looking bright.

Let us not forget Ford's efforts worldwide. The Ford brand is stronger than ever in the fast growing Indian market thanks to the Figo. Ford has managed to to gain market share in China with the Focus routinely in the top ten vehicles list. An All-New Ranger, engineered by Ford Australia, is ready to take on the world and help Ford's market share throughout Asia and Oceania. Ford of Europe is has started gaining back market share, while lowering incentives and hiking profit showing that Ford can be successful even in the world's most competitive markets.

We here at FIN have been there at every point along the past year doing what we do best: providing Ford fans everywhere a way to communicate about their favorite car company. The FIN team is committed to giving the latest news and exclusive content such as monthly worldwide sales and insider information.

So we thought of no better way for you to celebrate Ford's birthday than bringing you the latest insider information. Over the past week, FIN has brought you exclusive news regarding the 2012 Q1 Product Blitz and the "Lincoln Experience" event, but this is just the beginning. Over the course of the next few weeks, we will bring you even more about Ford's upcoming products for next year and beyond. Stay tuned!

FIN wants to wish a Happy 108th Birthday to the Ford Motor Company and its employees around the globe!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Have Ford Sales in Markets Not Included in this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
?

GO TIGERS! BCS Orange Bowl Champs!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Re: FIN Celebrates the Founding of the Ford Motor Company

Happy Birthday, Ford!

Ford is just kicking butt. Wonderful products - modern styling - and highly profitable without worrying about mortgaging today's sales to be number one. Ford's turnaround will be a case study in competent business schools for decades.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Ford Ka

[I] would like to commend Ford for it's effort to bring the best Autos to the American public But there is one thing that I don't seem to understand. Why is Ford trying to Reinvent the Lincoln Brand There is nothing wrong with the Lincoln Brand especially the Town Car why are Ford willing to do away that Car why not keep the rear wheel drive town Car and improve it's looks and quality? Ford should make the car stand out by downsizing it some and take away it's conservative looks and just make the car appealing to the public bring back the Lincoln L. S. type that has speed and looks what Ford should do away with is the MKS Can you imagine what a redesign Lincoln Town Car could do for Lincoln? Why are they getting rid of rear drvie cars puzzzle me The MKS will never replace the Lincoln LS what's killing these cars are the old fashion looks.
These two cars have name recognition people knows what these cars are about. Redesigning of these cars with New looks and technology would do a whole lot more for Lincoln than going to Fwd/Awd Cars
Ford don,t seem to realize than American wants rear wheel drive luxury Cars I know this is kind of late to be expressing view points but redesigning these two cars is all ford neeed to do
Thank you a Lincon Owner/I]

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansoncleaningservice View Post
[I] would like to commend Ford for it's effort to bring the best Autos to the American public But there is one thing that I don't seem to understand. Why is Ford trying to Reinvent the Lincoln Brand There is nothing wrong with the Lincoln Brand especially the Town Car why are Ford willing to do away that Car why not keep the rear wheel drive town Car and improve it's looks and quality? Ford should make the car stand out by downsizing it some and take away it's conservative looks and just make the car appealing to the public bring back the Lincoln L. S. type that has speed and looks what Ford should do away with is the MKS Can you imagine what a redesign Lincoln Town Car could do for Lincoln? Why are they getting rid of rear drvie cars puzzzle me The MKS will never replace the Lincoln LS what's killing these cars are the old fashion looks.
These two cars have name recognition people knows what these cars are about. Redesigning of these cars with New looks and technology would do a whole lot more for Lincoln than going to Fwd/Awd Cars
Ford don,t seem to realize than American wants rear wheel drive luxury Cars I know this is kind of late to be expressing view points but redesigning these two cars is all ford neeed to do
Thank you a Lincon Owner/I]
The Town car rides on a VERY old platform known as the Panther platform which has been around since 1978
Here is a good read on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_panther_platform

It is really time to retire that platform, I don't think anyone uses a platform that old anymore.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Ford Ka

Your Point is well taken by me .But my problem is not with the replacement of the Fox platform It's with the replacement of the Town Car and rear wheel drive Lincolns There is not going to be a big demand for Luxury cars with FWD/AWD Ford should realize this by the sale figures of the MKS and MKZ Look how Cadillac, Lexus, BMW and now even Hyunda even has rear wheel drive cars I currently owns a Lincoln LS I am not going to buy a Lincoln again unless it has RWD. FWD is ok for smaller cars But If Ford wants to compete in Luxury car segment It's going to have to bite the bullitt and builds luxury cars that people wants Ford should do their History of failed attemps of FWd Lincolns
I owned a 91 & 94 Lincoln FWD Contential and I did'nt like them So I Brought a 2002 & 2004 LS these cars were the best cars Lincoln ever built The reason they did'nt sales were because Lincoln Never did any thing as for as make overs they never changed the body style I'm just puzzled by Lincolns attitude about their luxury Cars
A Lincoln lover
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Ford Ka

Ford has been very steady and strong ever since its existence. Nowadays accessories and parts are very much in demand and that people are always into modifying, beautifying their vehicles. Ford has been good at meeting whatever demands their customers have.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 05:56 AM
Ford Ka

Which reminds me, I wanted to share that I also choose Ford because of its car parts, that if it needs to be replaced, it is never hard to find. And there are parts out there that are surprisingly cheap but it is priced fairly. Bought spoilers from them ones, and they are very affordable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
celebrates, company, fin, ford, founding, motor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page