Ford Inside News Community - View Single Post - Mission2020: The RETURN of MERCURY!
View Single Post
post #183 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Mission2020: The RETURN of MERCURY!

transplanting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
The Volvo interiors are more 'functional', hard and cold as compared with Lincoln that is more soft and worm...comfortable.

But the sales tell the real story. with the S90 barely able to move 200 units monthly. And this is after 5 months on sale. Volvo's primary sales niche was tied to safety, but Tesla took that crown away and raised the bar so high, there is no way Volvo can reach it with a big combustion engine in front of the driver.

Then there is the issue of the minimalist approach to a luxury car. The idea of paying more to get less is not working out well for Volvo, when so many luxury automaker are offer more for more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
See I love Volvo's minimalist design, it's just typical clean Scandinavian style. I think the S90 sales will pick up sales eventually, way to nice of a car. Like if I was in the market for a luxury midsize the S90 would be at the top of my list, it's got nothing on the fullsize Continental though.
s @Bloggin & @badhac
maybe later today (hiding from reality )**...
...I can configurator-up the price range of the S90; But
just from pix-appearance (+ one new Xc90 I saw in RL),
Volvo points the way for Mercury/premium, not for Lincoln/Lux

tho my Merc would offer JustAbout everything the top-model Germans do...withOUT Options / maybe more

edit
Fusion Sport - Awd Std
base MSRP: $33,595
+Destination:..$875
total MSRP: $34,470
Incentives:. Ė$1,250
Net Price =. $33,220
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Z-Conti vs S90.JPG (28.1 KB, 67 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 12-20-2016 at 02:02 AM. Reason: added FusionSport

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome