2019 Ford Focus Revealed - Page 10 - Ford Inside News Community
 82Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 05:18 AM
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,995
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: 2019 Ford Focus Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
If you have to ask why a purist prefers a manual then you've already shown that you aren't one and just don't get it.

Right. I dont want a manual. Maybe Im not a "purist". Maybe, Im a fan of modern cars, that appreciate the advances of tech. Manual transmissions has not a single advantage over an automatic in security, confort, fuel economy or any other aspect of the car. But if some drivers prefer manuals, is Ok for me.

_________________________________________________
falcon lover is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 09:50 AM
Ford Kuga
 
gjrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,929
Garage
Re: 2019 Ford Focus Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Right. I dont want a manual. Maybe Im not a "purist". Maybe, Im a fan of modern cars, that appreciate the advances of tech. Manual transmissions has not a single advantage over an automatic in security, confort, fuel economy or any other aspect of the car. But if some drivers prefer manuals, is Ok for me.
Honestly man all it boils down to is fun. It makes driving more of an activity and less of a utility. It's just really fun.
Falc'man, glyphics and tagorgia like this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
gjrip is offline  
post #93 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 09:51 AM
Focus RS WRC
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 866
Re: 2019 Ford Focus Revealed

I don't think this should be made a purist/non-purist dichotomy.

I prefer a manual because I have more control. Others prefer automatic because it's easier. The world is tilting toward automatic and, for me, that's a slippery slope toward autonomous cars where the car does more and more of the driving. Honestly, I think it is safer if drivers keep their head in the game than if the car has to think for them. But observing things in the real world, the nanny features in modern cars are increasingly necessary.

It's a preference. Most people want an appliance to get from point A to point B. I like to enjoy the experience; the satisfaction of being fully engaged in the process of the journey. Different strokes for different folks.
tagorgia likes this.
glyphics is offline  
 
post #94 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 10:35 AM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,834
Re: 2019 Ford Focus Revealed

I don't know, paddle shifting a dual-clutch automatic transmission faster than you could a long throw clutched-manual, while drifting out of a turn......is more than just point A-B. IMO of course.
falcon lover likes this.

Last edited by wingsnut; 08-29-2018 at 10:42 AM.
wingsnut is online now  
post #95 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 11:16 AM
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,995
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: 2019 Ford Focus Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
I don't think this should be made a purist/non-purist dichotomy.

I prefer a manual because I have more control. Others prefer automatic because it's easier. The world is tilting toward automatic and, for me, that's a slippery slope toward autonomous cars where the car does more and more of the driving. Honestly, I think it is safer if drivers keep their head in the game than if the car has to think for them. But observing things in the real world, the nanny features in modern cars are increasingly necessary.

It's a preference. Most people want an appliance to get from point A to point B. I like to enjoy the experience; the satisfaction of being fully engaged in the process of the journey. Different strokes for different folks.


We can enjoy the experience and be fully engaged in the process of drive a car with an automatic transmission, too. I never see my car like an "appliance to get from point A to point B". I enjoy my journey, but with 2 pedals!

_________________________________________________
falcon lover is online now  
post #96 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 11:42 AM
Ford Kuga
 
gjrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,929
Garage
Re: 2019 Ford Focus Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
I don't know, paddle shifting a dual-clutch automatic transmission faster than you could a long throw clutched-manual, while drifting out of a turn......is more than just point A-B. IMO of course.
I don't disagree with this. If I got a new Mustang GT I'd probably get the 10at, because I'll always have the 5 speed in my '05 to bang through gears on.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
gjrip is offline  
post #97 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 08:52 PM
News Guru
 
joseodiaga4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lima, Peru
Posts: 6,467
Re: 2019 Ford Focus Revealed

2019 Ford Focus Active Wagon Officially Revealed In Europe



We knew Ford was cooking a jacked-up Focus Active Wagon and the company isnt hiding that anymore.

Together with the Focus Active five-door hatch, the Focus Active Wagon tries to bridge the gap between Fords passenger cars and its SUVs in Europe.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/11/20...vealed-europe/
joseodiaga4 is offline  
post #98 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 09:32 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,834
Re: 2019 Ford Focus Revealed

Still not a wagon fan. Never was.
wingsnut is online now  
post #99 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 03:57 AM
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,995
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: 2019 Ford Focus Revealed

The real good news for us in Spain are the launch, yesterday, of the top-of-the-line Vignale version and the availability of the gasoline engines with the 8-speed automatic trans (available until now only with diesels). We can get, for less than 1000€ (1300$) more, a better equiped car than the Focus ST Line I was thinking in buying. Now, I can have the Focus of my dreams: A 2019 Focus Vignale 1.0 Ecoboost 8-speed automatic in Rubi Red color! The price of this beauty in Spain , with the finantial option with Ford, equiped with LED headligths (not the adaptable ones, only the normal ligths), all the driver assist systems offered by Ford, head up display and that beautiful leather interior is 22700€ (23000$) . A real bargain.


Here the pics:
Attached Images
File Type: png focus vignale.png (421.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png focus vignale.interior.png (1.05 MB, 7 views)

_________________________________________________

Last edited by falcon lover; 11-22-2018 at 04:12 AM.
falcon lover is online now  
post #100 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 05:24 AM
Ford Kuga
 
MKII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tallinn Estonia
Posts: 1,674
Re: 2019 Ford Focus Revealed

Wow, Ford Spain fire sale (dumping) Foci or what?

Your spec Focus must be over 30,000 euros with 8,000-10,000 euro discount.
falcon lover likes this.

2012 Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 SW Moondust Silver 5spd manual
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.6 EcoBoost AWD Panther Black 6spd Auto
MKII is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome