Poor Sales Have Sealed The Fate Of Ford Edge In The UK, Other Countries Will Follow - Page 4 - Ford Inside News Community
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 05:03 AM
Ford Kuga

Re: Poor Sales Have Sealed The Fate Of Ford Edge In The UK, Other Countries Will Foll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
I was speaking about NA and not speaking to you, and completely unrelated to your topic.
Take a chill pill

Sorry I must been mistaken that hell0boy & falcon lover where speaking about Ford product outside of N.A. as this threads topic is about. I missed your change in topic direction to N.A. Ford product regarding the surging sales & starving for new product in EU & ROW Ford market comments from hell0boy & falcon lover.

I am well aware you were not speaking to me with your posts, just complimenting your wisdom and making a point of letting your shirt & tie execs know that diesel sales in the EU are on the decline. This point was in direct reference to this titles thread, which is about the Edge being discountinued in the UK market with other EU markets to follow.

No chill pill needed but thanks for your concerns. :-)

2012 Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 SW Moondust Silver 5spd manual
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.6 EcoBoost AWD Panther Black 6spd Auto

Last edited by MKII; 06-25-2019 at 05:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 06:52 AM
Focus RS WRC

Re: Poor Sales Have Sealed The Fate Of Ford Edge In The UK, Other Countries Will Foll

Things are changing for the better, I'm sensing some good things from Hackett in relation to fixing delays in product research to market time and endless re-runs of the same, tired old product.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 01:05 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Things are changing for the better, I'm sensing some good things from Hackett in relation to fixing delays in product research to market time and endless re-runs of the same, tired old product.
You are not concerned with the substance & quality which has not been spoken of since Hackett took over. With his cut costs mantra, fast to market blah blah & smart vehicles speeches, it gives me the impression the goal is build it cheap as possible and sell it for as much as possible. Best in class, reliable, top notch quality not being part of his press releases does not conjure up changes for the better as far as a paying customer.

No doubt sounds good to the bean counters, I will give you that.

2012 Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 SW Moondust Silver 5spd manual
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.6 EcoBoost AWD Panther Black 6spd Auto

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 04:37 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKII View Post
Quote:
You are not concerned with the substance & quality which has not been spoken of since Hackett took over. With his cut costs mantra, fast to market blah blah & smart vehicles speeches, it gives me the impression the goal is build it cheap as possible and sell it for as much as possible. Best in class, reliable, top notch quality not being part of his press releases does not conjure up changes for the better as far as a paying customer.

I think the new Explorer prices reflect exactly that....acceptable quality interior for the price of a luxury SUV, at least in some trims.
jpd80 likes this.
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:34 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Sorry I must been mistaken that hell0boy & falcon lover where speaking about Ford product outside of N.A. as this threads topic is about. I missed your change in topic direction to N.A. Ford product regarding the surging sales & starving for new product in EU & ROW Ford market comments from hell0boy & falcon lover.

I am well aware you were not speaking to me with your posts, just complimenting your wisdom and making a point of letting your shirt & tie execs know that diesel sales in the EU are on the decline. This point was in direct reference to this titles thread, which is about the Edge being discountinued in the UK market with other EU markets to follow.

No chill pill needed but thanks for your concerns. :-)
Good for you!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:44 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
You are not concerned with the substance & quality which has not been spoken of since Hackett took over.
Over at BON, I've been a staunch critic of Hackett since his arrival but things have changed recently, he fell in love with F150 and his perception changed. He recently spoke about how long it takes Ford to get a vehicle from market research to project not because of some cost saving, Hackett has truly become enamored with Ford's new products and wants to see them come to market much faster. He actually changed things with Model E to make it more appealing to buyers....

Quote:
With his cut costs mantra, fast to market blah blah & smart vehicles speeches, it gives me the impression the goal is build it cheap as possible and sell it for as much as possible. Best in class, reliable, top notch quality not being part of his press releases does not conjure up changes for the better as far as a paying customer.
So before Hackett, you were happy with the stale rehashed products being offered by Ford Europe?
Talking about or implying best in class anything is just self promoting chest thumping and that at the moment would just be an insult to buyers intelligence.

Most of the funding has been away from vehicles that do not sell well and that don't make profits for Ford. what we perceive as cost cutting is really Ford's own design/develope inefficiencies being repeated over and over, adding to the charges people end up paying.
As an example of this, PSA found out just how expensive GM legacy platforms are to build compared to its own and Ford is no different, that cost base needs to change of Ford will get sliced and diced.

Quote:
Thanks to Europe's dreadful results, it's now dragging down the whole company to try to fix things. The alternative was to do like GM, pay someone else $4 Billion to just walk away. Ford can't do that because there would be nothing of worth to sell.

Last edited by jpd80; 06-25-2019 at 07:51 PM.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 12:38 AM
Focus RS

Quote:
Quote:
You are not concerned with the substance & quality which has not been spoken of since Hackett took over.
Over at BON, I've been a staunch critic of Hackett since his arrival but things have changed recently, he fell in love with F150 and his perception changed. He recently spoke about how long it takes Ford to get a vehicle from market research to project not because of some cost saving, Hackett has truly become enamored with Ford's new products and wants to see them come to market much faster. He actually changed things with Model E to make it more appealing to buyers....

Quote:
With his cut costs mantra, fast to market blah blah & smart vehicles speeches, it gives me the impression the goal is build it cheap as possible and sell it for as much as possible. Best in class, reliable, top notch quality not being part of his press releases does not conjure up changes for the better as far as a paying customer.
So before Hackett, you were happy with the stale rehashed products being offered by Ford Europe?
Talking about or implying best in class anything is just self promoting chest thumping and that at the moment would just be an insult to buyers intelligence.

Most of the funding has been away from vehicles that do not sell well and that don't make profits for Ford. what we perceive as cost cutting is really Ford's own design/develope inefficiencies being repeated over and over, adding to the charges people end up paying.
As an example of this, PSA found out just how expensive GM legacy platforms are to build compared to its own and Ford is no different, that cost base needs to change of Ford will get sliced and diced.

Quote:
Thanks to Europe's dreadful results, it's now dragging down the whole company to try to fix things. The alternative was to do like GM, pay someone else $4 Billion to just walk away. Ford can't do that because there would be nothing of worth to sell.
Yeah, you mean he KILLED the Model E all together, Ford went from being a leader in hybrids to....well...playing catch up.

Yep PSA turned Opel around 1y after acquiring it...makes you wonder which kind of crappy management GM had that was dragging results down for years and years....
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 03:31 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:

Ford of Europe have a big problem with its line up and its scheme of prices and sales of its vehicles. Currently, it is not competitive. Not with other brands of its level or higher level. For example, what I have already commented on the comparison of the new Focus Vignale and the Mercedes-Benz A-Class with the leasing plans. Both vehicles are very similar in terms of size, configuration, equipment and powerplants. The financing of both vehicles is very similar, with an advantage for A-Class. Downpayment for both: 8000 € ($ 8800). Monthly payment of A-Class = Financing (270€) + insurance + full maintenance for 4 years = € 380 ($ 400). Focus Vignale = financing 300€ ($ 330), in addition to this you have to pay for insurance and maintenance. Total monthly payment= 410€ (450$). The big difference between both is the residual value at 4 years, much higher for the Mercedes-Benz. All this for vehicles equipped in a similar way. The difference in the quality of the interiors and in the technology (the Mercedes-Benz fully digital dashboard is a marvel!) Make the balance lean towards A-Class.

That is why, for the first time in my 55 years of life, I will not buy a Ford vehicle. Yesterday I signed for a new Mercedes-Benz A-Class. For autumn, I must have it at home.

Ford must think very well what to do with Europe. Not going well.

Last edited by falcon lover; 06-26-2019 at 03:37 AM.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 11:53 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
Yeah, you mean he KILLED the Model E all together, Ford went from being a leader in hybrids to....well...playing catch up.

Yep PSA turned Opel around 1y after acquiring it...makes you wonder which kind of crappy management GM had that was dragging results down for years and years....
What are you talking about?
70 Stang likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 06:27 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Ford of Europe have a big problem with its line up and its scheme of prices and sales of its vehicles. Currently, it is not competitive. Not with other brands of its level or higher level. For example, what I have already commented on the comparison of the new Focus Vignale and the Mercedes-Benz A-Class with the leasing plans. Both vehicles are very similar in terms of size, configuration, equipment and powerplants. The financing of both vehicles is very similar, with an advantage for A-Class. Downpayment for both: 8000 € ($ 8800). Monthly payment of A-Class = Financing (270€) + insurance + full maintenance for 4 years = € 380 ($ 400). Focus Vignale = financing 300€ ($ 330), in addition to this you have to pay for insurance and maintenance. Total monthly payment= 410€ (450$). The big difference between both is the residual value at 4 years, much higher for the Mercedes-Benz. All this for vehicles equipped in a similar way. The difference in the quality of the interiors and in the technology (the Mercedes-Benz fully digital dashboard is a marvel!) Make the balance lean towards A-Class.

That is why, for the first time in my 55 years of life, I will not buy a Ford vehicle. Yesterday I signed for a new Mercedes-Benz A-Class. For autumn, I must have it at home.

Ford must think very well what to do with Europe. Not going well.
Is that residual price you've been quoted a guaranteed hand back price?

If so, then i can see why you would go with the MB but if it's not locked in, you could find yourself upside down with the MB in four years time if the market is then chock full of used A-Class coming off lease plans....

Be very careful with this and remember, you want the dealer to eat any negative difference...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page