2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo - Page 13 - Ford Inside News Community
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 154 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 12:34 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo

Honestly, who tries so hard to somehow convince us that Ford screwed up, and that their OPINION is the right one.

I think I would rather believe in Ford's determined long term plan, to invest more capital into IMPROVING their known strengths in high margin trucks, CUV's, commerical, fleet, exciting niche products, while also developing BEV, AV, ride share, etc.........rather than spending the billions needed to develop ALL NEW sedan platforms to stay competitve on what is very low margin products, and that customers continue to shun......will thus generate a much healthier FoMoCo. That makes more sense, then just doing something because others are doing it. Also, considering how uncertain the entire industry is quickly becoming, or how fast ICE gets replaced with BEV, I am that much more confident in their plan to take a conservative, without all their eggs in one basket. Truth is, nobody knows how fast electrification will change this finicky automotive landscape, or how drastic any pending politcal winds might desimate it, based on alarmist climate theories. But anyone with an ounce of common sense should recognize, that one cannot expect meaningful changes, if one continues to do the same thing. Duh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 154 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
I want Ford to compete in all segments...they have the engineering horsepower to do it, otherwise what’s left!? Trucks? I’ve shown you what Toyota has done to market where Ford used to compete and lead....trucks is now the only market remaining...

And don’t give me the bs about profits - last I read Toyota was one of the most profitable companies in the world.

...And I want to fly to the moon free...

HELLboy, tell me one, only one car company that compete, only compete (not dominate) all segments . Even the gigantic VW, with all their brands ( 8 brands?? 9??) , doesnt compete in all segments of the car business (not an entry model in the big pick up trucks, not a pony car, not a commercial van in USA...) . So, why you want Ford do something imposible?

And about trucks... what you understand for truck?. Some years ago, the Explorer It was classified as a truck. Today, SUVs and crossovers dominate the market and, soon, they will be the core of the business. Then, why your aversion to that Ford is dedicated to do what they do best, which are just trucks? That is the essential thing of the business today and what gives more profits.

About Toyota profits... Oh HELLboy, I have bad news for you: https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/08/...it-honda-loss/

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.XXiTIOJS_IU

"Its profit for January-March fell 4% as vehicle sales lagged in North America"

"As a result of a change in its foreign-exchange rate assumption, Toyota said operating profit would be cut by 350 billion for the current year."

Last edited by falcon lover; 09-11-2019 at 02:51 AM.
post #123 of 154 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Honestly, who tries so hard to somehow convince us that Ford screwed up, and that their OPINION is the right one.

I think I would rather believe in Ford's determined long term plan, to invest more capital into IMPROVING their known strengths in high margin trucks, CUV's, commerical, fleet, exciting niche products, while also developing BEV, AV, ride share, etc.........rather than spending the billions needed to develop ALL NEW sedan platforms to stay competitve on what is very low margin products, and that customers continue to shun......will thus generate a much healthier FoMoCo. That makes more sense, then just doing something because others are doing it. Also, considering how uncertain the entire industry is quickly becoming, or how fast ICE gets replaced with BEV, I am that much more confident in their plan to take a conservative, without all their eggs in one basket. Truth is, nobody knows how fast electrification will change this finicky automotive landscape, or how drastic any pending politcal winds might desimate it, based on alarmist climate theories. But anyone with an ounce of common sense should recognize, that one cannot expect meaningful changes, if one continues to do the same thing. Duh.

The conservative approach of Ford to the EVs will result the correct way. In Europe (but Norway), despite the incentives, the EV market doesnt finish booting. In Holland the incentives to EVs (20% off the cost of a new car if you buy EVs !) the market for EVs is big, too, but the next year that incentive will dissapear.
I fear that VW's commitment to produce millions of EVs, and almost abruptly abandoning ICEs, will bring them serious problems.
Logans Run likes this.

post #124 of 154 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:07 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
The conservative approach of Ford to the EVs will result the correct way. In Europe (but Norway), despite the incentives, the EV market doesnt finish booting. In Holland the incentives to EVs (20% off the cost of a new car if you buy EVs !) the market for EVs is big, too, but the next year that incentive will dissapear.
I fear that VW's commitment to produce millions of EVs, and almost abruptly abandoning ICEs, will bring them serious problems.
In the USA, many state treasurers are already preparing for a quick turnover, and are considering yearly taxing of EVs at a rate that would compensate for the lost taxes they make at the pump.
falcon lover likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #125 of 154 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

More bad news from Europe about EVs. Automakers under great pressure to achieve an emission targets that are almost impossible to reach. The cars will cost 10000 Euros more than conventional ICEs. The public are not convinced to buy EVs.... A recipe for a potencial disaster.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/11/...tric-cars-evs/

post #126 of 154 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 02:08 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
More bad news from Europe about EVs. Automakers under great pressure to achieve an emission targets that are almost impossible to reach. The cars will cost 10000 Euros more than conventional ICEs. The public are not convinced to buy EVs.... A recipe for a potencial disaster.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/11/...tric-cars-evs/
Dang Europe is determined to ruin their auto industry....so fucking dumb! Customers are not ready to pay $10k over a gas car (in many cases it’s a lot more than that) and worse, many condo and apartment units in Euro land don’t have the infrastructure to support charging....what are they thinking?!
falcon lover likes this.
post #127 of 154 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 11:20 AM
Ford Focus ZX

http://https://www.freep.com/story/m...ry/2292795001/

Smh

Last edited by Samesun; 09-13-2019 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Bad link
post #128 of 154 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 08:40 PM
Focus RS

First comparo of the new Explorer here:

2020 Kia Telluride vs 2020 Ford Explorer - who do you think won?

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...kia-telluride/

If you don’t wanna read the whole thing:
“The Bottom Line
Kia's second shot at the three-row, mid-size SUV market is a first-rate vehicle that is perfectly attuned to the American market. It probably took a massive effort on Kia's part to deliver this knockout, but the Telluride's win appears effortless. The big Kia proves the better buy regardless of whether you prioritize interior space, style, value, driving dynamics, or convenience features as your most important need. The Ford's advantages in straight-line performance and highway fuel economy simply aren't enough to justify its less accommodating interior, its unpolished powertrain, or its mediocre driving dynamics.“

Last edited by hellb0y; 10-04-2019 at 08:42 PM.
post #129 of 154 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 09:14 PM
Ford Explorer

So they gave the nod to the minivan derived Kia for better interior and smoother engine.

Against an XLT with an I4.

Got it.
Great story bro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #130 of 154 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 09:35 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
So they gave the nod to the minivan derived Kia for better interior and smoother engine.

Against an XLT with an I4.

Got it.
Great story bro.
Just to press on my severe concerns about Ford’s pricing strategy for the Explorer...they used the XLT because it is comparably priced to the top of line Kia:

“Ford's XLT trim level serves as the entry point into the Explorer range, while the Telluride SX sits atop Kia's lineup. If that sounds like an unfair comparison, consider that the Kia's as-tested price comes in just $100 higher than the Ford's, and yet the Telluride's list of features handily outnumbers and outclasses the Explorer's. Here's a partial accounting of equipment found in the Kia that was conspicuously absent from the Ford: heated front and rear seats, ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, driver's seat memory, a head-up display, front parking sensors, a sunroof, wireless phone charging, a bird's-eye 360-degree camera system, an integrated garage door opener, and second-row sunshades.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page