2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo - Page 15 - Ford Inside News Community
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 01:56 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo

LOL.

Anyway, with a single platform in a growing segment, FoMoCo has created something for everyone.
Aviator is recognized as best or near best in it's class. Certainly a massive boost to the brand in every way, that literally had nothing prior. MKT did not really count. That same upscale, non-minivan based platform, Explorer has now substantially increased it's ATP, while offering an MSRP from de-contented entry level up to very premium, while including performance and hybrids, better towing, and even profitable fleet use. And Ford will gladly reap those benefits, laughing all the way to the profit bank, once they finish sorting out some early build issues of course.

To those celebrating the 'value' win in comparo's that nobody seems to read any more, again I say.....LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post

Just to press on my severe concerns about Ford’s pricing strategy for the Explorer...they used the XLT because it is comparably priced to the top of line Kia:

“Ford's XLT trim level serves as the entry point into the Explorer range, while the Telluride SX sits atop Kia's lineup. If that sounds like an unfair comparison, consider that the Kia's as-tested price comes in just $100 higher than the Ford's, and yet the Telluride's list of features handily outnumbers and outclasses the Explorer's. Here's a partial accounting of equipment found in the Kia that was conspicuously absent from the Ford: heated front and rear seats, ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, driver's seat memory, a head-up display, front parking sensors, a sunroof, wireless phone charging, a bird's-eye 360-degree camera system, an integrated garage door opener, and second-row sunshades.”
Ford isn't Kia as much as Hyundai/Kia gets praised today they can't afford to be at the higher end pricing structure. Ford has made a calculation that they would rather get higher ATPs considering the Aviator as well.

I wouldn't suggest you live and die by other peoples opinions on things because everyone has a bias. They liked the interior the most and that interior from looks only is overrated none of the material is authentic and HK has been doing that design since the start of Genesis. The ride/ drivetrain issues seems like something minor that irl normal people wouldn't notice but will be highlighted to lob a complaInt in a comparison. The whole decision is based on price and not the merit of the vehicles which is a buyers choice.
wingsnut likes this.
post #143 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Ford Explorer

^
Very well said.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #144 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 09:19 PM
Ford Ka

The Explorer Sport only has black interior available. Does Ford have absolutely no tase or style anymore. I would imagine a nice leather or tobacco colored interior would not cost any more than black pigment and would attract more buyers. Same thing for Mustang convertibles. I tried to get a friend to buy a Mustang convertible and what she told the sales manager (a friend of mine) about the black interior only choice is unprintable.

Ford is seriously loosing it.
post #145 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 09:24 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncarguy View Post
The Explorer Sport only has black interior available. Does Ford have absolutely no tase or style anymore. I would imagine a nice leather or tobacco colored interior would not cost any more than black pigment and would attract more buyers. Same thing for Mustang convertibles. I tried to get a friend to buy a Mustang convertible and what she told the sales manager (a friend of mine) about the black interior only choice is unprintable.

When you are one of the very few on the block offering high performance 400hp SUV's, you probably don't need diversify so much.

Honestly, who wants brown or beige inside an ST anyway.
pffan1990 likes this.

post #146 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 12:14 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncarguy View Post

Then get a Platinum. It's nearly the same powertrain and has a light interior.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #147 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 07:53 PM
Ford Explorer

Speaking of Platinum, it won Wards best UX interior award,

https://www.wardsauto.com/10-best-ux...-ford-explorer
ZanatWork and hbmf3 like this.

post #148 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
When you are one of the very few on the block offering high performance 400hp SUV's, you probably don't need diversify so much.

Honestly, who wants brown or beige inside an ST anyway.
Well, count me in as being one of the few. For me, a black interior in Florida rules out the ST as an option right from the start which is sad - even if it would cost $15K less and had 700 HP...

A black exterior with - let's say an ivory interior....THAT would be striking.

Current rides:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
post #149 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 03:36 PM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Then get a Platinum. It's nearly the same powertrain and has a light interior.
Not the same design language. Unfortunately.

Current rides:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
post #150 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:05 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnFanFl View Post
Well, count me in as being one of the few. For me, a black interior in Florida rules out the ST as an option right from the start which is sad - even if it would cost $15K less and had 700 HP...

A black exterior with - let's say an ivory interior....THAT would be striking.
Hmmm, I have had several black on black cars in the past, and I don't recall that much interior difference on the hottest days. Tinted windows help that. Still unbearable IMO, regardless. On a 97 deg day in August, if left out in the sun all day, I would not get into it without auto starting it for several minutes, while auto climate adjust temp and cooled seats help too.

But OK, I get it, more choice is better. But why stop at two colors. Why not 10, I wonder.

And again, Platinum, with it's award winning interior, is a great option and better IMO.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page